Makapa Lodge
US$332
US$573
US$534
Agoda.com
Tudor Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$65
US$61
  • Breakfast included
De Noordhoek Hotel(Noordhoek)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscape pointself cateringstayed dayschapman's peak drivecape towna lovely guest houseexcellent hostsminute driveexcellent locationsouth africaat homekalk bayiannestnoordhoekpeninsulaflamingos
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Joburg and Makapa was the ideal place to relax and unwind!
The photos on the website didn't do it justice, it was even more perfect in real life!
An ideal spot to hideaway away for a few days but also well located should you want to see the sights of the city.
Fantastic value for money. We couldn't believe the yummy full English breakfast was included in the price!
We will definitely go back again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I began my vacation to South Africa (May, 2013) from Cape Town. My plan was to book directly. I also did not want to stay in the downtown area. After interacting with several B&B accommodations in Cape Town, I settled down on Makapa Lodge mainly because of Ian's prompt and detailed responses that gave me all the information I was looking for as well as brought out his helpful nature. Ian also helped me book a pickup from the Cape Town airport to Makapa Lodge from amongst his contact (who were also excellent folks).

I stayed here for 3 nights and booked 3 suites (around the swimming pool) for 4 seniors, 2 adults and 1 child. Right from the start when I reached Cape Town on 5th May & Makapa lodge till I left on 8th May for the Garden Route, Ian and Margaret made all of us feel at home. The rooms were excellent and equipped with everything that one could need for a family. Our rooms were all around the swimming pool (at the center). There was ample space to park a Volkswagen Kombi which I rented. Views all around were excellent with the Ocean visible from the breakfast room. Ian and Margaret helped us with all the information we needed (and we needed a lot of advice since this was our first trip to SA). The location is excellent (Fishhoek). Its a quite locality with malls etc. located very nearby. I felt it was a very safe locality as well.

They also served us with awesome English breakfast every morning which was whipped up by Margaret & Ian themselves! Makapa has a very nice garden in front of the rooms. Two of the rooms are actually located in the garden. There are many birds that can be seen right there in the garden! We saw the Cape Sugarbird, several sunbirds, shrikes etc. right during our stay.

Here are some pictures:

In the end we were left wondering why we did not choose to stay here longer! Cape Town is a wonderful place and I enjoyed my trips to Boulders Beach, Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain etc. One thing I regret having missed due to lack of time is shark cage diving.

In fact Makapa was one of the highlights of our vacation in South Africa and everyone in my extended family agreed with that.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I needed a place to stay whilst visiting relatives and booked The Nest with high hopes. I wasn't disappointed. The Nest had everything you could possibly need and more. It was comfortable, private and near to the flora and fauna. Margaret and Ian were on hand if I needed anything. I took up the offer of a half day birdwatching with Ian. This was excellent, especially as Ian is so enthusiastic.
I recommend Makapa Lodge for a stay in Capri Village.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Makapa Lodge is a very homely guesthouse. Maybe even better than home. A 30 min drive from Cape Town International(CPT) this lodge is situated in Capri Village near the Kommeitjie Road in Fishhoek. There are 5 rooms out of which one is self catering and the rest are bed and breakfast. Supplies for the self catering cabin can be bought in the Pick n Pay store(the walmart of south africa) in longbeach mall which is about 5km from the lodge. It is an absolutely amazing location. There are a few restaraunts around but really good but expensive restaraunts can be found in Camp's Bay, Downtown and Kalk's Bay. The owners of Makapa Lodge, namely Ian and Margaret are very friendly. The rooms are very clean and well organized. Its actually luxury. The lodge will provide brochures of Cape Town. Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope are also close. There is some birdlife around the lodge. The breakfast is absolutely amazing cooked by Ian and Margaret themselves. One more thing, this place is absolutely safe. Our 3 day stay was amazing. At the end we never wanted to leave. I would prefer staying in Makapa Lodge rather than staying in Taj Cape Town, Protea or Tsogo Sun.

Room Tip: The rooms are very good but if you are vegetarian, maybe you should take the self catering because non veg forms a part if the breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed in Makapa Lodge in March for 3 nights. It is the ideal place for bird watchers and nature lovers. In the morning hours the guinea fowl family was walking through the garden, then the birds came to visit the fountain or the proteas. The location is close to the Cape but also to the beach towns. Margret and Ian were very helpful to find our way around. In the evenings we watched the sun set. What more can you wish for ?

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends