“A simply lovely little retreat”
Review of Sunny Cove Manor

Sunny Cove Manor
Ranked #5 of 19 Fish Hoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had a unique and wonderful week at this little hotel.The couple who run it are delightful, and provide a warm and thoughtful atmosphere. The hotel is perfectly positioned in that it's so close to the sea and to the the famous Jager Walk. It is also on instant access to the amazing peninsular drive and the Cape point. I squeezed in a quick dip every morning before breakfast. If you don't have a car, the station is very near ( the train journey is scenic and worth a ride). My room had a lovely view across the bay, and was near their library/commonroom. I'm sure you could spend hours in there whale watching in the spring.Parking is safe and hidden behind the Hotel: actually, I took a walk up the mountain behind the the hotel, just for exercise and to get a great view of the Bay.I felt lucky to have found this idyllic little place.
Alan Musker

Room Tip: I think Solveig will look out the best for you if you say what you'd like.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 April 2013

A friend booked our stay at Sunny Cove Manor and I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away by the beautiful home, breathtaking views, comfortable and clean accomodations, and most of all the hospitality and friendliness of Peter and Solveig. You could 5X as much for accomodations like these and still feel like you are getting a steal!

Room Tip: We stayed in the ocean-view suite -- amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I was in awe at the beauty of South Africa, particularly where we stayed in Fish Hoek. This little bed and breakfast was spacious, tastey breakfast and had the most beautiful view. The staff went above and beyond to accomodate us and what we wanted to do and see. Truly a treasure!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Located right on False Bay, it has a great view and whales in September and October. Rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is superb! Peter, Solveig and Eric are welcoming and great hosts. We have stayed there 6 times over the last 10 years, both at the beginning and end of our trips. 35 minutes to downtown Cape Town, 15 minutes to the penguins in Simonstown, 45 minutes to the Cape of Good Hope, and less than an hour to the wine country of South Africa.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are comfortable. Over the years we have stayed in all of them.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Peter and Solveig are such people that you would like them as your mum and Dad. They welcome you into their home with open arms, and nothing is too much trouble for them. ive stayed there for a period of 5 weeks during the last two English Winters.The rooms all have tremendous views over False Bay, and The Sun rises have to be seen, to be believed .The breakfasts are World Class, now that they have put Scrambled Egg on the Menu ! I shall be returning again in January, and cannot think of a nicer place to Stay in the whole of The Cape Area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are First Class, with superb Views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Sunny Cove Manor was the perfect place for my self and my brother-in-law to vacation with my daughter who is living in South Africa for a year! It has an INCREDIBLE view, and Peter and Solveig could not of been any more delightful!!! I looked forward to coming down to breakfast every morning to their welcoming faces, delicious breakfasts, and fun conversations! They were also incrediblely helpful as we drove around the Cape Town area....even making phone calls for us to check things out. I was not disappointed to be "outside" of Cape Town...as we saw even more of the beautiful country!!! I didn't want to leave...and I would LOVE to go back! Thank you Peter and Solveig!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We found Peter and Solveig warm and charming hosts and just loved the breakfast they gave us. Nothing was too much effort for this interesting couple who've owned Sunny Cove for the last 11 years. The house has a fascinating history and the rooms are all well appointed with stunning views over False Bay. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone staying in Cape Town

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends