“Restful... and exhilarating!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sunny Cove Manor
Ranked #5 of 19 Fish Hoek B&B and Inns
“Restful... and exhilarating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

What an amazing place!! I couldn't recommend this bed and breakfast more highly. The location is perfect-- right off the train tracks a short ride from Cape Town, with a perfect oceanside view. The suites are HUGE and breezy and comfortable. Wi-fi was a nice luxury. Solveig and Peter are the comsummate hosts, providing home-baked breads, amazing hot breakfasts, radical hospitality, great travel tips (and fascinating stories from their own history, if you ask).

I wanted both some rest & relaxation and some adventure in the Cape Town area, and Sunny Cove Manor was my gateway to both. Put this place on your bucket list! ~Jessica H, Chicago

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Pietermaritzburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I cannot say enough good about Sunny Cove. Solveig and Peter are the perfect hosts and make everyone feel at home. As soon as I arrive, between their hospitality and the calm of the water, I find all of my cares and anxieties melt away.The view is gorgeous. The location is fabulous. In fact, even when my work in Cape Town requires me to be far away from Fish Hoek, I stay here anyway because I love it so much. I have never regretted that decision. Addition benefits: views of whales outside your room window (in season), freshly baked breads and/or pastries at breakfast, a library, easy access to a beach, easy access to the train for the city, and easy access to the penguins at Boulder Beach. You can't go wrong.

Room Tip: I have not yet stayed here with my family (but we will!). But I know that there is ample room for al...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
St.Paul,MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Sunny Cove is a lovely home with large rooms all sea facing and private bathrooms. Our family of 12 was very comfortable there and we so appreciated Solveig and Peter's warm hospitality.
They provided delicious breakfasts and even arranged a caterer so that we could entertain friends one afternoon. Our grandchildren loved the rock pools across the road and they explored the kelp, sea anemones, starfish etc. We have never felt so at home or so cosseted in a bed and breakfast before!!

Room Tip: They were all spacious and comfortable with sea views.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I felt at home immediately at Sunny Cove Manor. The B&B is absolutely lovely with comfortable accommodations and spacious rooms. Peter and Solveig were the picture of hospitality. Breakfast was delicous and they gave us helpful advice with regards to sightseeing around Cape Town. The location is great - the beach is just down the road, and the train stops right across the street. I would absolutely stay here again and can't imagine a trip to Cape Town without a stop at Sunny Cove!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had a unique and wonderful week at this little hotel.The couple who run it are delightful, and provide a warm and thoughtful atmosphere. The hotel is perfectly positioned in that it's so close to the sea and to the the famous Jager Walk. It is also on instant access to the amazing peninsular drive and the Cape point. I squeezed in a quick dip every morning before breakfast. If you don't have a car, the station is very near ( the train journey is scenic and worth a ride). My room had a lovely view across the bay, and was near their library/commonroom. I'm sure you could spend hours in there whale watching in the spring.Parking is safe and hidden behind the Hotel: actually, I took a walk up the mountain behind the the hotel, just for exercise and to get a great view of the Bay.I felt lucky to have found this idyllic little place.
Alan Musker

Room Tip: I think Solveig will look out the best for you if you say what you'd like.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

A friend booked our stay at Sunny Cove Manor and I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away by the beautiful home, breathtaking views, comfortable and clean accomodations, and most of all the hospitality and friendliness of Peter and Solveig. You could 5X as much for accomodations like these and still feel like you are getting a steal!

Room Tip: We stayed in the ocean-view suite -- amazing!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I was in awe at the beauty of South Africa, particularly where we stayed in Fish Hoek. This little bed and breakfast was spacious, tastey breakfast and had the most beautiful view. The staff went above and beyond to accomodate us and what we wanted to do and see. Truly a treasure!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
#8 of 19 in Fish Hoek
A Tuscan Villa Guest House
A Tuscan Villa Guest House
#3 of 19 in Fish Hoek

Been to Sunny Cove Manor? Share your experiences!