“An incredible stay”
Twin Bed Option
Garden Room
Pool courtyard Flow
Corner room view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Nancy H
London, United Kingdom
“An incredible stay”
Reviewed 12 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

We stayed at Oceans Echo for a 10 days, we chose it as our Cape Town base in preparation for our wedding.
My first impression when Yvette opened the door and led us down the staircase was that I had stepped into a movie, I was expecting some famous actor to appear from the kitchen with a drink in his hands!
The house is unbelievable, the glass windows give you the feeling to be hovering directly on top of the ocean! the bedrooms are all beautiful; my husband and I had the master bedroom and slept with the curtains open, to fully enjoy the gorgeous sunset every morning, it was magical.
Yvette herself is like a force of nature, ready to help out and suggests things; we threw a party the night before the wedding and she provided all the food (home made snoek pate' was a revelation!) and the party ware, it was a success!
I recommend this house if you want your friends to go "wow! this is the kind of house I would live in (if I could)".
We really enjoyed our stay at Oceans Echo and will definitely go back if in a group.
Thanks for everything Yvette!
Nancy and Marc.

sb383
London
“Stunning ocean views!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

I stayed in Oceans Echo villa with my husband, my sister and my brother. We had a wonderful stay! Thank you, Yvette!

What strikes you most are the panoramic views across the bay which can be enjoyed from the living room and four of the bedrooms.

There's a big kitchen with everything you'd need and bathrooms for every bedroom. All the rooms have double beds and there's plenty of entertaining space. Linens (towels and bedding) were provided for us and there was a lovely housekeeper who popped in throughout our stay to tidy up and make the beds.

The small swimming pool is set in a court yard which is a great space to lounge about with the barbeque. For security there's an alarm system which triggers and armed response and there is a secure garage for your car.

The villa is set in Fish Hoek which is a stunning bay, about 35mins drive from central Cape Town (depending on the traffic). If you're lucky, you might even spot whales in the bay from the balcony (if you go in the right season). There were lots of lovely little restaurants to choose from near by and a great fish and chip shop (Kalkies) in Kalk Bay.

Near by attractions:
* Boulders Beach penguin colony - approx 15mins drive
* Cape Point ~ approx 35mins drive
* Cape Town Waterfront ~ approx 35mins drive
* Table Top Mountain ~ approx 45mins drive
* Stellenbosch ~ 1hr drive
There are lots of lovely beaches all along the Cape Peninsula - particularly if you like surfing (the seas were quite rough when we were there, but perhaps this is seasonal. Check if you are travelling with young children.) Beware of sharks - take advice from the locals.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Panoramic views & housekeeper!
Liked least: That we had to leave so soon!
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Huddersfield
Reviewed 6 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Stephanie...
Toronto, Canada
“Gorgeous villa with amazing ocean views”
Reviewed 3 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

The villa was beautiful!! Incredible views of the ocean, lovely neighbourhood, spacious, clean, well situated as it's walking distance to the train/town. Thanks Yvette for a great stay.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Bedrooms were a bit cold at night.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
St Helens UK
Reviewed 29 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing