Montagu Vines Guesthouse
  • Restaurant
Loganda Karoo Lodge(Touwsrivier)
Karoo Art Hotel(Barrydale)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bhosts pamcar washglass of wineone nightguest housenew wingbreakfast was deliciousnew ownersbeautiful propertyplunge poolattention to detailgreat stopa wonderful place to staywonderful gardensouth africahonesty bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed there on the 17th of July 2013, all 6 of us decided to stay so all in all 4 rooms where booked out by us. There was no one else staying there. The reception was so nice, the husband was so friendly and what a great start. They were helpful in recommendation of restaurants and what to see in town. The evening was great and we got to bed a little late. We woke up at 10, unfortunately breakfast was between 8-10am I got into the breakfast room at 10:12 I was accosted by Urshla and firstly was scolded like a child as she did not want the dogs in certain areas, the dog is not mine. I have not even woken up yet or had my coffee, I was yet again told in a very abrupt and rude manner that breakfast was at a very strict timing, oh please Ursla you are firstly in the service industry, I have a Boutique Hotel 5 star so I am very understanding to the industry. I have guests come down late at times, THAT IS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO, if you CAN'T conduct yourself in a respectful manner with your guests then either change your your ATTITUDE or change your career choice, but something needs to change. The other guests that where with me are restaurant owners and have very successfull businesses of their own. I was so disgusted by your attitude and will defiantly not be returning and will make sure that my guests are aware of your Mrs Jekyll and Hyde personalty, you will become the Achilles heel of your own business.

You put a very bad taste too the beginning of my day, thanks Mrs nasty

Good luck cause if you are like this after one year, I don't see a very positive future for Montagu Vines, what a shame such a nice setting.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Curious090
Reviewed 17 June 2013

What a truly amazing experience! Beautiful place, beautiful attention to detail. Such caring and kind hosts! Definitely a place I would highly recommend to anyone! Tranquil, quiet, peaceful... think of all the most beautiful words, that will be it!!
A GEM!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed here to break up our drive from Plett to Stellenbosch and wished we could have stayed longer.

We had a room in the new section which are better than rooms in high end hotels such as the Westin. On arrival we were shown to the amazing room and offered a carafe of wine to enjoy on the balcony enjoying the amazing views over the olive grove of the sunset on the hill,what a touch.

Breakfast was lovely and again Campbell gaveus some advice of the route that we should take to Stellenbosch which we were glad we follwed.

A must stay when in Montagu, will be returning

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

After a last minute change of plans we arrived in Motagu looking for a place to stay. We were made so welcome and our every need was immediately seen to. Our spacious room with modern bathroom was immaculate and stylishly furnished with lovely views over the large gardens and vines. The best part was the breakfast the next morning in a sunny room, again with lovely views. Our hosts were charming and helpful and we would, without hesitation, stay here next time we are in Montagu. There is ample, safe free parking.

Room Tip: We paid a reasonable amount for a larger room. It looks like all of the rooms offer stunning views over the gardens and vines.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Super rooms with high quality fittings and furnishings... very well thought out..
Genuine and pleasing owners & staff.. breakfast really good.. well worth the visit and stay.... good value... place it on your Garden Route list of places to stay

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends