“Really nice Sunday lunchtime”
Review of The ChocBox Coffee Shop - CLOSED

The ChocBox Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A really nice Sunday lunch!! ...and amazing VALUE for money. This café has two sittings for Sun lunch. We went for 1.30pm....and for R55.00 it was three courses!! It is wise to book, as its very popular. A salad starter, roast and veg, and ice cream and chocolate sauce or berry coulis. I was the only vegetarian in a party of five...the salad was fresh and gorgeous, and for main I just ordered the potatoes and veg which were fine, and the ice cream and hot chocolate sauce for desert was ok. I was looking forward to HOT choc sauce, but the ice cream came with a cold syrupy version of 'choc' (?) sauce. But you can't complain at this price, because all in all it was a nice lunch in a cute setting on the main street of Montagu, and the service was superb and friendly. The other four in our party said there roast was excellent. Oh I forgot, you also got a glass of sherry or wine with your meal. So thank you Choc Box , we will stop there again when passing through.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this small coffee shop as our breakfast destination. Food was wonderful, big portions and delicious. The coffee was grand. We were unfortunate in going when there was a lack of staff, so the food took awhile, though it was worth the wait. A tucked-away gem that is sure to cater for any taste bud.

1  Thank Maharaj03
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Unfortunately, I was not overly impressed with The ChocBox Coffee Shop. I wasn't sure what the owner/ manager was trying to achieve with his/ her business. Judging from its name, I really expected an assortment of chocolates to be on offer. I'm afraid, the place could do with a bit of organizing.

1  Thank vickyed888
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Just had a nice farm fresh breakfast ...what a treat. Never have been disappointed. Good service, good food and very reasonable prices.

1  Thank LevensGenieter46
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Chocbox is a must visit. I will definitely pop in for a bite when I visit Montagu again. Love Louise and the entire staff. The curious and gift section has lots of goodies to choose from at acceptable prices. My wife spent an entire hour browsing their beautiful stuff.

1  Thank Penderis