We chose this game reserve because of the wonderful semi desert scenery, its location in the western cape and the opportunity it offered for walking in Big 5 terrain.
We were NOT disappointed.
We stayed in Tilney Manor for 4 nights in a really gorgeous room with our own lovely patio.
There are so many positives about our visit and we are determined to return
- Wonderful ,genuinely friendly, professional and flexible staff who couldn't do enough for us
- Great food and very flexible in accomodating me as a vegetarian. The chefs were always happy to chat to me and make adjustments to the menu to suit my tastes. ( Thank you Bernard and all the kitchen staff )
- Amazing ginger cookies ( I ate too many)
-Excellent guiding, great guided walks and lovely / exciting wildlife experiences with the very knowledgeable guides (Alvin , Duran and Gerrard).
Great managment ( thank you Karen, Chante and and Kobus ( who also does a wonderful massage)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Little Karoo, Sanbona Wildlife Reserve is a three-hour drive from Cape Town, along Route 62. At the foot of the towering Warmwaterberg Mountains, Sanbona boasts sculpted Cape Fold Mountains, wide open Karoo plains, indigenous flora and fauna and rare examples of San rock art, some dating back more than 3, 500 years. Explore all this from your choice of 3 different luxury lodges. Whilst the free roaming Big 5 call Sanbona home, it’s the vastness of the landscape and the raw beauty of the boundless plains that make safaris at Sanbona unique. Explore the 54, 000 hectares of this malaria-free premier, private game reserve for an ultimate safari experience close to Cape Town. PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKING IN ADVANCE is ESSENTIAL FOR VISITS TO SANBONA WILDLIFE RESERVE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sanbona Wildlife Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanbona Wildlife Reserve - Tilney Manor, Dwyka Tented Lodge, Gondwana Hotel