“Best budget hotel at Feringghi”
Review of D'Feringghi Haus

D'Feringghi Haus
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Unbelievably affordable room price! Breakfast included. Nice environment..Although it's situated at the heart of Feringghi, you won't hear noises from the town. Kind and warm staffs..They're very welcoming. Very near to the night market..just in front of the hotel. Very near to the beach too..just across the road. Free carpark. Surely will stay here again and again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Fefezaza

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

It's was a bad experience staying in this hotel.

I would agreed in one thing which is strategic location (near to flea market, walking distance to the beach)

Staff service very poor, parking is so difficult and at the back of the building which is quite far.

The first day I check-in, the electricity was cut-off and I have to take a stool to get to the fuse box and turn it ON!
It happend every 8-10 hours and I have to re-open the fuse box.

Another thing is the tempered glass for bathroom always make me headache everytime I wanna take a pissed or... Because the sliding tempered glass door is out of the rails and difficult to re adjust and lock! Its quite embarassing if u stayed with friends.

Wifi is terrible even when u scanned and reach the SSID but u can't connect and if u can, the loading is quite long till u can fall asleep.

I don't know what else to say, and I will definately aviod this place in future. No picture were taken!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Telaris Explorer
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Leaving a review is not something I really do however, when my girlfriend and I stayed here I had to write something to let others travellers understand how poor this place is. Firstly the staff, I don't know wether they didn't like western people or not but they where the rudest women I have ever come across. They threw the keys at us and that was all there was to check in. After checking in I came back to sort out the wifi which as it states on the website and plastered all around the hotel is "available in all areas" this however is a lie, the staff where all eating dinner and told me to wait so they could finish before they would discuss the wifi! Poor poor customer service. The rooms had a very damp smell, the sheets had grease on and mould was growing on the curtains. It was so bad I stripped the bed and slept in my shirt! We didn't eat there as I didn't want them to have anymore of my money. We originally booked In for 4 nights however we only stayed for 2, I asked for a refund of the two nights we didn't stay there but as I suspected there was no refunds! This I feel is because this happens a lot, people leaving early. I don't make a habit of leaving bad reviews as it can hurt a business but this was horrific. Travelled asia for 3 months in hostels etc and this was the worst place I have ever seen!

• Stayed: June 2013
11  Thank 01mos
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

My research partner and me stayed here last year due to the close proximity of this place and our research building- the Perak house across the street. The location was the only good point i could find about this hotel.

The hotel requires extensive refurbishments and training for the staffs. I know this is a budget hotel but i believe that everyone deserves atleast basic items and facilities to be working. I dont need frills and luxury but the minute i walked into my room i knew i had made a mistake.

The room we had was small with barely space to maneuver ourselves. The double bed was slighly sunken before we slept in it. I can tolerated this...before discovering blotches of YELLOWISH PINK STAINS!! Went to the reception demanding a clean bed sheet and the housekeeping took about 30 minutes to change the sheet.

We were exhausted from walking all day and really needed a quick shower before going to bed. I entered the extremely TINY (yes tiny!!!) bathroom sideways since it was too small (and i am a small person )and discovered that the door was broken and cannot be close!! How am i suppose to shower without wetting the room outside or without some PRIVACY?! I went down the stairs again(no elevator here) to the reception and asked to change room or a refund. She told me that if i want a different room there will be extra charges and refunds is not in the hotel policy. That was it for me.... I left the place with my friend and booked somewhere else.

I will NOT and will NEVER recommend this place to anyone because of the poor service, facilities and price.

What a total rip-off!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Norli85
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Its quite cheap on weekdays, location is middle of the flea market. But the room is small and service is poor. Wifi available but can't connect. Lack of maintenance, convinience shop walking distance, parking available for free.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I was excited to find this hotel on tripadvisor and as soon as I saw the reviews I must write this review! It seems like what's described on tripadvisor is a completely different hotel that me and my friends stayed in when we were holidaying at the gorgeous Batu Feringghi.

The location is awesome! Located right in the middle of Batu Feringghi and the night market is just opposite the hotel. 5 minutes walk to the beach and we could see the beach from our room. However it is located across the road from the beach, it's not a beach side hotel. The concept is pretty simple and exotic, clean environment, friendly employees and very helpful.

We had the chance to look at the room before checking-in so we have the bigger picture of what they offer and what it cost. The standard room which they call it is very cheap RM80.00 for a queen bed, of course the room is not as big and the shower is just nice for 1 person. The other room we saw was the "Superior Room" and this is what we chose! It's about the same size as the room in a business hotel we stayed in Georgetown called Cititel which cost us RM240.00 and at dferingghi the room only cost us RM130.00!!! And the other room the two rooms they showed us was the "Deluxe Room" with 1 queen bed + 1 single bed, cost about RM150.00 and the family room which cost RM260 for two rooms + 1 shower, 1 queen bed each room.

They don't serve breakfast or lunch but no worries, there are plenty of restaurants, hawkers and mcdonalds which is very nearby. The dinner we had at the Egyptian restaurant at dferingghi was great and the price is decent. Overall I will say that this is the best place to stay in Batu Feringghi if you are looking for nice, clean, safe and comfortable place to sleep. And it saves you a lot of money! You would be paying 3 - 4 times as much at other places here and if you could find a place that offers similar price or lower to dferingghi it is sure to be less appealing, less hygienic, less security and less comfortable! I know cause we walked to almost every hotels, motels and guest houses in Batu Feringghi before we settled for this one.

For the price we paid I would rate this the 5 Star Budget Hotel! Penang is one of the best travel experience I had! Definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Choose the one facing towards the sea.