We booked 4 nights in a two bedroom apartment through Agoda at an amazing price. We knew it was not going to be a fancy place. The pictures showed a clean, comfortable apartment with cooking facilities. We were amazed at what we could get for the price. After an afternoon flight and an hour taxi ride from the airport, it was close to 7pm when we arrived. The complex did not look as inviting as we would have liked. It had the look of a housing estate.We were dropped off at the gate by our taxi driver and directed where to go by the security guard at the gate. We wandered over to the building but could not see where we were supposed to go. There was no signage and the office in the complex was closed. Back to the security guard and he told us to go to a specific apartment on the second floor. Not sure if this was our apartment or not we did as directed and went to the second floor. We showed the man who answered the door, our booking slip but were informed it was not one of his, we would have to phone the number on the sheet. He then shut the door without offering the use of a phone. As we did not have a phone it was back again to the security guard who called the number for us. The number was answered by a very brief answering machine message. I left a message, but without having a number to call back on it was hard to see what I would gain from it. We then wondered where we would be spending the night and started to contemplate our options when the man from the second floor apartment came down and asked how had we got on. Upon hearing that we had no success, he told us that he had an apartment that he could rent us (at a much higher rate than we had originally paid) as it was getting late and our kids were starting to worry we agreed to rent the apartment for the night and would try and sort out our situation. The apartment we were given was clean, comfortable and appeared to be well maintained. We emailed Agoda from a nearby internet cafe and had dinner. Next morning, we checked with Agoda and while they apologised for the inconvenience, they offered no solutions for the rest of our stay. Apartments in the complex were being advertised on the Agoda website for less than we were paying and we were almost tempted to book another one until we found a nice hotel about 20 minutes away that offered breakfast (Naza Talyya - see other review). From what I gather this complex consists of privately owned apartments with various managers. The location was great, it was only a few minutes walk to the beach and as I have said, the apartment was comfortable but the run-around we received on arrival left a bitter taste and I would not recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayu Emas Apartments is a Freehold Apartments situated at Batu ferringhi, Penang's foremost beach location. Bayu Emas Apartments is specially designed to cater for both long and short-staying guests, families, honeymoon couples and holiday-makers who want nice, clean and comfortable accommodation, with all the trimmings of a proper home located at No. 10A - 10C, Jalan Batu Ferringhi, 11100 Malaysia in Penang, just a few minutes ride to Teluk Bahang Rapid Penang Bus Hub.Completed in 1993, it comprises of 128 units and is close to Tanjung Bungah Rapid Penang Bus Hub.Facilities in Bayu Emas ApartmentsFacilities at Bayu Emas Apartments include parking, playground, with gated swimming pool and 24 hour security. Amenities near Bayu Emas ApartmentsBayu Emas Apartments is located directly opposite Bayview Resort and Hard Rock Hotel.With the sunny beach a mere 150 meters away, this accommodation offers not only fun-filled activities on the beach and also nature walks along the track up to the cool, clear natural waterfall. Bayu Emas also offers easy access to restaurants, hawker food centres, nightspots and the popular Batu Ferringhi night market.Taxi Stand is located just outside Bayu Emas Apartments and several bus services are available within reasonable distance to Bayu Emas Apartments. Residents can ride down to the nearby KASHMIR SILK PALACE , BENZER SILK HOUSE , BEACH CORNER SEAFOOD , EDEN SEAFOOD for amenities such as Apparel Store, Seafood and more.There is a Police Station (Balai Polis Batu Feringghi) just within 800 meters away from Bayu Emas Apartment. (Directions in Google Map)Bayu Emas Apartments is within walking distance to schools such as, International School of Penang (Uplands) and SJK(C) Pai Chai.The beaches of Batu Ferringhi and Teluk Bahang• Monkey Beach• Teluk Bahang Fishing Village• Chin Farm Waterwall Park• Penang Butterfly Farm• Penang State Forestry Arboretum• Penang Tropical Fruit Farm• Penang Batik Factory• Tropical Spice Garden• Restaurants, nightspots, curio shops and watersports ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bayu Emas Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayu Emas Apartments Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Bayu Emas Apartments Penang, Malaysia