We traveled with our 6 & 4 y/o kids. We had a twin hill view in Ferringhi tower. The room was large enough for us, well maintained with separate bath and shower. Breakfast was good, a large range of food. The hotel is in a great location in the middle of the night markets and close to a range of beautiful food stalls with a bus stop out the front. The hotel is divided by a road and a walk bridge makes it easy to get from one side to the other.
The big disappointment for us was the pool area. It is beach front however the beach is a landing point for parasailing, horseriding and other motor boat activities so you can't really relax on the beach. The pool would have been top of the range back in 1981. It is rectangular about 30 meters x 15 and 3 meters deep at one end. This design means that 85% of the users ( kids and their parents) use 25% of the pool because the other end is too deep with no shade over the pool until around 3 pm when tree shade creeps across. Pool seats are hard to get and only about half have umbrellas. The kids pool in a square about 5 meters and maybe 1/2 a meter deep. ..great for the 1-3 year old except it is in full sun all day.
If you are just using the hotel as a base it is perfect, if you are looking for more a laze by the pool sort of break look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Malaysia