“comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

the room is fantastic with view, clean and cofortable
Thr breakfast is so delicuis and the place of it is so perfect
I like it
The location is near from the resturant and traditional markets
everything you need it you will found it
in addition the shopes inside the resort

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear raheel45,
Thank you very much for your nice comments and am so pleased you had a fantastic time with us at PARKROYAL Penang Resort and also very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast.
The whole team join me to wish you a wonderful time ahead.
Francois

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is our second visit to penang, but first stay at the parkroyal. We stayed at the shangri la last time. The parkroyal was fantastic, the pool area is huge and the staff helpful and friendly. The rooms a little bit dated, but accommodated our family of four without any problems. The location of the parkroyal is perfect with the markets and bus stop to georgetown , malls, butterfly farm etc right out the front. We stayed for ten days and were very sad to leave. I suppose I wouldn't consider this a couples resort, but having said that we went in school holidays so there were families everywhere, which is why we chose this resort in the first place. We cannot wait to go back! Thank you parkroyal.

Dear Bec72,
It is so nice, first of all to have you as a returnee, it really speak for itself that we may do something right and I am very grateful for your support and confidence in all of us here at PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
I also would like to thank you for yoru real nice comments and feedbacks much appreciated! We are sincerely very happy we created Fantastic and memorable hotel experiences for you.
We all look forward to welcome you back soon and in meantime wish you an awesome time ahead.
Very sincerely
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 9nights.the hotel itself is quite tired but the dtaff are friendly and the bufget breakfast was excellent with a great range of dishes.this hotel would suit young families as there was a kids club.the beach is lovely though with seversl water sports in action water was constante churned up so not that pleadant to swim.the hotel pool was lovely and plenty of areas to sit. Pool bar was great .very popular with Australian tourists.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear johnandsandragould,
Thank you for your nice comments on our Team, really very much appreciated. It is always with great positive feeling I share such comments with our Associates and it always come as superb motivation to all of us to preform better day after day.
I am pleased to let you know that we are in preparation to renovate our rooms and hotel facilities to serve you and all our guests better and in more comfortable environment.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and wish you a beautiful day.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else when we come to Penang. besides the obvious positives of location and the most beautiful tropical gardens here, the staff that you befriend treat you like family (especially the kids). this made even harder to leave than previous visits. the staff around the pool and sunset bar and the tamarind brasserie all give service with a genuine smile. Nita gives a great reflexology massage in the outdoor massage hut. the st gregorys spa is nice enough but didn't have as much of a relaxing vibe as 2 yrs ago? then there's the kokonut kids klub (Miriam, Zu, Rano & Lily) where you can leave your kids in safe hands so parents can have some relaxing together time. the staff here genuinely enjoy having the kids and there are craft activities,dvd movies and indoor/outdoor play equipment to entertain. our room was kept very clean the whole time by hardworking housekeepers and here I have found the best toiletries out of any hotel stayed in. room service was great and surprise birthday cupcakes with macarons were left in our room. maintenance and a plumber persisted to retrieve my anklet from the bathroom drain (greatly appreciated). I hear renovations are coming soon which is needed in some small areas but I hope they 'don't fix what isn't broken' (hint hint) and then put the prices up to cover it

Room Tip: rooms in the middle have views over the ocean and tree tops
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear meljabu,
I can’t thank you enough for your nice and kind comments about our Team. I have shared with them and you should have seen the glow on their faces,thank you so much once again for taking time to share your positive experiences and memorable hotel experiences with us at PARKROYAL Penang Resort. and coming from a returnee guest it has even more value to us, it really show we do it right so far THANK YOU SO MUCH and thank you for your continued support.
We all wish you a fantastic time ahead.
Most sincerely,

Batu Ferringhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We are currently enjoying our stay at the PARKROYAL. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the pool area is fantastic and there are the night markets outside. We took a taxi into George Town today and plan to go in there again. The only down side is that our 21 year old would have liked to be closer to the bars and night life.

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

2 Thank Julie S
Dear Julie S,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Associates, it is always really nice to know we did it right and created some memorable hotel experiences for you at PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
We look forward to welcome you back and in mean time wish you a awesome time ahea.
Albion Park, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed for 5 days with the family. Great clean hotel. Staff were friendly. Pools were good. The kids loved the children's pool which had 2 water slides. The family room was a little old but the extra large king size bed which can sleep 4 people made up for the old room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric_L2323
Dear Eric_L2323,
SO nice of you to take time of yoru busy schedule to share with all of us about our friendly Associates, as I always say, it make a big difference to all of them including me to know we are on the right track and able to create memorable time while staying at PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
Thank you so much and look forward to welcome you back in a near future.
Have a real amazing time ahead.
hong kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

As usual, booked on line through one of the European based booking firms, although I live in Asia.
Initially booked a superior and a standard for 7 days, but just before travelling, extended at the front end of the booking by having two standards. This meant a change after two days. Checking in wasnt a pleasant experience. The bloke doing the check in was clearly not interested in discussing the bookings and although all bookings were under my name he INSISTED on having my sons passport!! He simply didnt listen nor want to put himself out.

The standard rooms were smallish and very outdated, very dark colours for my liking and not particularly attractive although they were functional. These standard rooms are located to the left of the resort overlooking the car park but shaded by casaurina type folliage and a hill view of sorts as advertised. No major issues although one of the plugs was not working but pointed out in an internal memo to the hotel. In all honesty I have to say I am glad I did not upgrade to a so called seaview at the time of both bookings.

After two nights we shifted to a superior room. This time with a view over the tennis court, facing the main road the holiday inn and the sea depending on where you stood. There was the same colour scheme-- aging, dowdy again, in my opinion. We had ants in this room and purchased a can of spray to combat that issue. A doubled up single mattress acted as a settee and there was one sitting chair. The superior room appeared to have been developed from a standard with a balcony , to a superior without a real balcony. ie the balcony appeared to have been enclosed. (Just before moving I had asked to see the room and I was told it overlooked the holiday inn.- I said that wasnt good enough as had I wanted to stay at the holiday inn I could have done so without having to look at it-- this was room 651. Finally we had a look at and accepted 654 both being to the far right or east of the building.)

The beds were very comfortable and other than the aging decor, furniture, colour scheme (which quite frankly didnt quite come across like that in the pro photos, the room was acceptable.)

The service from the Room staff was very good, always polite and nothing was too much trouble.

Likewise the dining area staff were always helpful and attentive especially given the long period for breakfast and the number of people they are catering for. I found no fault there at all. We arranged a small buffet dinner and the staff girl went to extremes to make it a lovely evening for us as a family and was much appreciated.

Some of the seafood was a bit like the previous days but by and large the spread was fine.
The gardens are very pleasant and a relaxing environment but there will be other hotels on the strip with that option too.

For me, the rooms were functional but catering more for the rough and tumble of family life. (I am not taking into account the deluxe rooms or those over the dining area to the west wing which I did not see.) Standard and some superior rooms are subject to mild noise, either mild but not constant traffic, mild ventilation noise from HInn. (Not drastic though and quite acceptable.)

Overall I guess I was mildly disappointed and had expected just a touch of something special which, with respect to the rooms we had, didn't materialise. But I guess at the price we paid, compared to Shangrila for example, the deal was OK. As I said I wouldnt be bothered with a seaview having already experienced the room decor. One of the questions asked by Park Royal is --- was the lighting sufficient-- answer Yes.

FInally if you have kids, are out to completely relax or even without kids and to relax then the place is fine but in my view again a little pricey given the room age.

Room Tip: If you go online to book, Hillside doesnt necessarily mean GREEN. Standard will in most cases be hil...
Dear Marview,
I am real sorry and apologize most profusely for the miss understanding and poor communication from my crew not explaining properly the Malaysian requirement to have the passport for every single hotel resident; once again sincere apologies! I am pleased however that you found the property to be a good deal and that your family had a great time.
Early next year we are planning to renovate our room and do hope you give us another opportunity and regain your confidence in us.
Have a wonderful day.
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
#11 of 84 in George Town
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,394 reviews

Been to PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia? Share your experiences!