Good hotel. It didn't get excellent because the hotel is probably getting close to requiring an internal room renovation in my opinion. That being said, the rooms were fine and I didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. Do get a seaview room though for peace and quiet at night. It is one of the few hotels that I have stayed in were reserving of sun loungers did not happen. There were loads available. I think that this was because a lot of guests were from the middle east who were not there to soak up the sun! I didn't eat in the hotel at night. Breakfast was fine and it really gets busy after nine. Lunches were good and probably two adults could share one and still be full. At night I went to the long beach food court which I enjoyed a lot. The food was good and cheap. However, if you don't like plastic furniture and want table cloths not the place for you. The 101 bus brings you to Georgetown from outside the hotel. Get off at the Jetty. Much easier to get your bearings from there. The butterfly farm is worth a visit. It is only 20R (€5) from the hotel. The night market is a nightmare if you don't like walking at a snails pace looking at cheap stuff that you don't want. However, for the two people with me who like shopping, it was a great way to spend an hour. Be prepared to bargain though and start at 50% of the price offered to you. A good price barometer is the check the prices in the hotel giftshop first. All in all a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Agoda and Travelbag so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia