“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Galway, Ireland
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Good hotel. It didn't get excellent because the hotel is probably getting close to requiring an internal room renovation in my opinion. That being said, the rooms were fine and I didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. Do get a seaview room though for peace and quiet at night. It is one of the few hotels that I have stayed in were reserving of sun loungers did not happen. There were loads available. I think that this was because a lot of guests were from the middle east who were not there to soak up the sun! I didn't eat in the hotel at night. Breakfast was fine and it really gets busy after nine. Lunches were good and probably two adults could share one and still be full. At night I went to the long beach food court which I enjoyed a lot. The food was good and cheap. However, if you don't like plastic furniture and want table cloths not the place for you. The 101 bus brings you to Georgetown from outside the hotel. Get off at the Jetty. Much easier to get your bearings from there. The butterfly farm is worth a visit. It is only 20R (€5) from the hotel. The night market is a nightmare if you don't like walking at a snails pace looking at cheap stuff that you don't want. However, for the two people with me who like shopping, it was a great way to spend an hour. Be prepared to bargain though and start at 50% of the price offered to you. A good price barometer is the check the prices in the hotel giftshop first. All in all a good experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gufcfootballfan
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear gufcfootballfan,
Thank you very much for your kind review and we are all very pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay with us in PARKROYAL Penang Resort. We do try our best to ensure no sun deck chairs are reserved or blocked in advance to assure comfort to all guests.
Also glad to know you appreciated our food quality. Thank you for your recommendation and we do look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.
Have a fantastic time ahead.
Francois

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Our family spent the weekend there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The room and bathroom are a bit dated but the room is spacious. We were give huge king bed and an additional single bed with no extra charge as we were travelling with 2 young kids. Staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. Breakfast spread is good but best to get there early as there could be a queue going in at 10am. Kids had a fun time at the pool and the beach. Some Mosquitos to watch out for around the garden. Overall a very pleasant stay and good value for money as other Batu Ferringhi hotels can be extremely pricey.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank LimLee99
Dear LimLee99,
Thank you so, so much for your real nice comments about our Associates It is sincerely great to know they have been appreciated and very nice of you to take time to let us know even so it is expected!
I am very pleased you found our PARKROYAL Penang Resort value for money and we will continue to work hard to keep it up.
With my Team I look forward to welcome you back in Penang soon.
Have an awesome time ahead.
Very sincerely
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Parkroyal Penang is still a nice place to go due to it's friendly staff. A welcome drink was offered during check in. Breakfast buffet was amazing. My boys love to swim in the two pools that were available. One pool has two slides that kept them entertained for a long time. Our room comes with a huge bed that was comfortable. Unfortunately the room does not have enough electrical outlets for our "charging stations". Some newer hotels have multiple universal adapters that are easily accessible by the writing desk for convenience. The bathroom is dated. I was a little disappointed that housekeeping did not do a thorough job cleaning that bathroom. I saw hairs on the floor. Bathroom mat and shower gel were not provided until I asked for them. I would have given a 4 star rating had it not been the "bathroom inadequacies" and the price I paid. Overall still a friendly hotel and kids will love the pool.

1 Thank Pat C
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Pat C,
It is with sincere great pleasure we read your kind message and we are so, so pleased that your children had a fantastic time in our pools and that you all enjoyed the large food selection at our breakfast.
I regret you did not contact us we could have assisted you with the power extension to ensure better comfort.
I apologise for the substandard of cleanliness and will personally review with my team to assure serious improvement, sincere apologies once again.
We all look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future to PARKROYAL Penang Resort and wish you in meant in a fantastic and awesome time ahead.
Very sincerely
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband & I stayed at Parkroyal for 5 days. Due to early arrival we have to wait about 3hours before check-in at 1pm. But the staff done a good job by calling my mobile at 12pm to allow us to check-in earlier. Unlucky, no staff had offered us welcoming drink while waiting :( instead we went to the hotel restaurant to buy our own drink. But that was not a big problem. We have very nice room facing sea & pool with balcony, the sound of the wave was very strong, you can hear all day long, feels so relaxing.We enjoyed the sunset at our balcony with a cup of cuppuccino. So many water sport activities you can take a part such as banana boat, jetski, parasailing,horse riding etc. The best experience was when we have our candle light dinner near the beach by Uncle Zack BBQ, the prawn salad was soooo nice even until now my husband & I are stil talking about the salad dressing they made. I wish I can get the recipe back to our home :) The steak & the dessert - cheese cake with berries & ice cream was fantastic! yumyummm & mix fruit juice wow.. so refreshing!
We have so much fun and visited beautiful places there such as Penang hill, butterfly farm, night market, Komtar & shopping mall/shops. We also did food massage and fish food spa. For those who want to go to Penang hill with budget transportation, here the tips: Get local bus no.101 or 102 direct to Komtar bus station, from there get another bus to Penang hill (I forgot the number, but you can see from the bus sign).You just pay RM2.70 or less RM5 for one direction. If you get a taxi probably cost you RM80 or more. For butterfly farm, get cross the road (apposite the hotel) get the bus no.101 & 102 but you have to tell the bus driver you wanna go to Butterfly Farm, the driver will drop you infront 'The Escape park', from there you just walk 200meter before you see Taman rama-rama (malay sign board) means Butterfly Farm.
Night market was great, the night market is every night and the stall holder started as early at 4pm. Maybe we can call this the longest night market in Penang ever! probably 2km long or more!. You can get clothes, crafty, handbags, toys many more. Don't forget to ask for bargain!
Thank you ParkRoyal to give us such a great time, great service and pleasure. We'll missing you and definately will visit you again!

Room Tip: deluxe seaview
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rane D
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Rita D,

Thank you very much for your kind and nice review. I sincerely apologise that you were not offered our welcome drink upon arrival , very sorry and will ensure to rectify this substandard of service, with apologies once again.
I am very pleased that you had a great time at our beach front outlet Uncle Zack and you enjoyed the food. I will ensure to pass you the recipe with pleasure when next you come or if you let me have your contact.
We are so glad you had a memorable time with us at PARKROYAL Penang Resort and we all look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.
Have a fantastic and awesome time ahead.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

As always we had a wonderful visit to Penang and the Park Royal Hotel. Would not stay anywhere else! Staff very efficient and friendly. Breakfasts excellent. Very crowded over Hari Raya and would perhaps not choose that time again. We generally visit Penang in October/November or March/April. However, we always enjoy ourselves whenever we go to the Park Royal.

1 Thank Disappointed807
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Disappointed807,

Thank you so so much for your vote of confidence and very kind review, it is very much greatly appreciated! Once again we know it is expected from all of you our guests to receive great service but it is real nice to know we did it right , a fantastic motivation to all of us a the resort.
Also I am very pleased to know you enjoyed our breakfast and found it excellent as at time, reading comments we just don’t know what to offer to assure we make it right.
We all look forward to welcome you back at PARKROYAL Penang Resort in a not too distant future, in meantime I wish you a fantastic and fruitful time ahead.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My friend and I recently returned from a two week stay in Penang where we stayed at the Park Royal. We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
We had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean, our only complaint was the shower over the bath, we would have preferred a separate shower. One of our housekeeping staff, her name was Nancy made a great job of cleaning our room leaving everything in neat little rows and even though all the housekeeping staff were great when Nancy had been it always made us smile.
All the staff went out of their way to make our holiday special but a couple of them come to mind as quite special. One young man who seemed to pop up everywhere named Augustine was always smiling and eager to help in any way and another was Nizam who worked at the pool bar, not only was the service excellent but more important was the smile that went with the service. Well done Parkroyal.

Doreen and Josephine (Perth)

Room Tip: Just enjoy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doreen E
Dear Doreen and Josephine,
How nice to read our real nice feedback , so nice of you to share with all of us. Again I know it is expected and also know we are not perfect but we try and reading your comments really give us a boost of moral and help us greatly to work harder to serve all our guests always better day after day. THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU!
We all look to welcome you back in PARKROYAL Penang Resort in a not too distant future and wish you a wonderful, wonderful time ahead.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights and liked it! Check in was good. They presented us with fresh juice. Our room didn't have a full sea view but was ok.
Breakfast is excellent with a lot of choices. Room service was also good and not expensive compared to restaurants nearby.
They have kids activities center and pool show every night. We watched the snakes show on Saturday which was amazing! Make sure you don't miss it!
The only downside was the beach! The resort is big and the area that it covers from the beach is also big but this area is public! It's not owned by the beach, this is the same for other resorts as well such as Holiday inn and others. This caused inconvenience for us and others as well because all types of people are walking just steps from the resort and they are not guests. We couldn't swim because jet-skies and parachutes and boats were very close and no one is doing anything! I don't think it should be like that. This is very inconvenient for us and I think it's also for almost all guests who want to spend some time on the beach without noise. Even chairs on the beach didn't belong to the resort! A lady came and asked for money to use the chairs because they were her's and not the resort's! There has to be something done regarding this. We spent most the time instead around the pool while we wanted to have more time on the beach!
Overall, the place is very good and much better compared to other hotels on the other side of town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Isam R
Dear Isam R,
We were so pleased to read your comments and glad you found and realised that our food & drink prices are not as bad as some could make you thing, thank you very much to highlighting this. As I always like to remind our readers it is really difficult and partially unfair to be compared with outside restaurants or even hawker stall as most are regrettably not license and do not follow all the requirement we Hotel have to follow which come at a price. I do sincerely appreciate the understanding !
Thank you so much for your confidence in us and for yoru preference of PARKROYAL Penang Resort against other properties in the area, a real nice and motivating comments,THANK YOU!!
Have a fantastic time ahead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batu Ferringhi
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
#11 of 82 in George Town
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,321 reviews

Been to PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia? Share your experiences!