“fantastic service”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“fantastic service”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We booked a driver for a tour of a few of the sights on the island, their charge is 30myr per hour minimum 5 hours. Our driver picked us up from the hotel on time and the car was lovely and clean. We went to the tropical spice garden, butterfly farm, batik factory, to the large chinese temple on the hill, and then on to penang hill we went went up in the cable car, we had a fine day so the few from the top was fantastic.
Our driver also took us off the main tourist roads so we could have a look at some of the lovely streets on the island.
We also booked them to take us to the airport 70myr half the price that the lone pine charged us for a transfer.
All in all we had a great day and would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank suewMelbourne

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Top staff and top service”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were a group of 7. We booked Ocean Jupiter for a day trip to Alor Setar. Our driver for the day was Michael. He is a very good driver and such a fun bloke. We laughed a lot.
Ocean Jupiter had to do their homework for some of the places we went to before reaching Alor Setar, for example a bottle temple in the middle of no where.

This is not the 1st time we have used Ocean Jupiter. In fact all 7 of us have been using them for many many years.

Jack & Steven in the office are friendly people and always make sure that you get the most from your booking with them. Steven is so quick to reply to any emails.

I can highly recommend them. And will keep on using them on every trip to Penang.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank danutaperth
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We had a fantastic time... thank Micheal!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We visited Penang on the last week of August and had the most fantastic time thanks to our guide Michael. Having being born in Malaysia and been to Penang many times in my youth i do have a good idea of what to expect.

There were 4 of us including myself, my french husband my 4 year old son and my french mother in law (first time visiting anywhere outside of Europe). Michael was very accomodating to our needs and showed us the best sights of Penang island. What made it special was also he took us off the beaten track and showed us parts of Penang that he personally loved. I also particularly enjoyed trying the different foods that Penang is famous for like Cendol, Kuey Teow, Chicken Rice etc..

We had really fantastic time and if you do have a young family and would like a lot of flexibility minus the hassle and stress then i think a personal tour guide is definately the way to go.

Cynthia, Bernard, Leo and Christiane

2 Thank Cynthia_L130
Perth Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Ask for Michael”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My wife and I have had the most interesting tour of Penang island and have to thank our guide, Michael, for his most informative background of the places we visited. None of the usual tourist rigmarole from Michael but an interesting and often amusing account delivered by a man who obviously enjoys his work. We spent an amazing seven hours being taken to places we would never have dreamt or known of going to, and the value was excellent. We gave Michael a big tip for making what could have been mundane into a wonderful holiday memory. We have booked Michael to take us to more places of interest in a couple of days time.

3 Thank Perthscouse
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly what I needed, plus more”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Wrote to Ocean Jupiter a few weeks before my Penang trip as I needed an English speaking driver to do abit of sight seeing, durian hunting and shopping for a day. Didn't realise until a few days later that Steven from OJ had actually replied to my e-mail within hours because it was routed to my spam folder.
Called him a day before my booking to re-confirm and also ask for a "non-smoking" car which he readily acceded to.
We were blessed that he arranged for Michael Fong to be our driver for the day in a spanking new Toyota. Michael was punctual, professional, knowledgeable, humorous & friendly. Even though I had done my home work on the Internet and knew what I wanted to do, Michael was able to improve on my plans as he a local penangite.