“Excellent service and highly recommended!”
Review of Ocean Jupiter

Ocean Jupiter
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Batu Ferringhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide Tours & Transfers with driver services...etc
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent service and highly recommended!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent service!! As this was our first time in Penang and we were not sure of where to go, we decided to go with Ocean Jupiter...what i could say, "2 thumbs up!" trustworthy and friendly driver named Mr Minder brought us around in Penang...definitely will book Ocean Jupiter again if we go Penang and highly recommended! Thanks for making our trip such a memorable one, mr minder...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“#1 because of Mike!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Ocean Jupiter offers very affordable tours and I just can't recommend them enough! Their cars are clean, comfortable and very well maintained.

We were lucky to have Mike as our tour guide who always arrived earlier than scheduled! I can honestly say that you will probably not find a tour guide more knowledgeable than him! You will probably book a standard tour destination from their website, but along the tour, expect to be taken to many more, unexpected but amazing gems of Penang. As Penang is the food capital of Malaysia, with Mike, I can assure you that he will be able to recommend the best local foods of Penang, from restaurants, trailers to small alley carts!

If you have questions, forget googling, just ask Mike! He is definitely the best tour guide in our books! When booking, make sure you ask for Mike as your guide, you will not be disappointed. If we visit Penang again in the future, Mike will definitely be our first preference and possibly only preference!

2 Thank Sang M
Penang Island, Malaysia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Warning! Do not use these people as this is a Tourist Trap of the worst order!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked a four hour trip directly with these people by phone. I was told we could go where we wished. However, the driver had a totally different agenda. After 1 hour 40 minutes we were informed he was taking us back to George Town. I then requested that we stopped to discuss where we should go next. The driver refused to stop. Then I made three separate requests to go to Telok Dunbar, I place I was particularly interested in visiting to have a spot of lunch. No, said the driver we could not stop for lunch as he only wanted to take us back to George Town. When I asked why, I was told it was the end of the trip, there was no further explanation. It was now just after two hours into the four hour booking. A heated argument then took place when I asked him why he treated us so badly. He was adamant that we must go back to our hotel, something that we were not expecting. Thankfully, we were able to get off at a local bus stop and escape this nightmare created by this crazy company. Additionally they did not provide us with any drinking water, neither did they have a map available to discuss the route. Avoid like the plague!

4 Thank ErikTheBlue
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Would not recommend anyone else”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I travelled to Malaysia ( Batu Ferringhi) in February 2014 and used Ocean Jupiter.

I have to admit Iwould not use anyone else on my next trip to Penang. We had Mike show us around for five days and I am sure there are so many more things he could show us.

Mike was very knowlegable and new exact where to take us.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank troll76
Singapore
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“The best way to get around Penang”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Followed the advice on Trip Advisor and got in touch. Steven was very responsive and able to provide a good number of options. Driver turned up as promised and looked after us for 2 days taking us where we wanted to see and offering good suggestions. There were 6 of us but the vehicle had space for a few more and was very comfortable.

Visited February 2014