“Fantastic service”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We used Ocean Jupiter for our transport from airport to hotel and back again, and also for a day tour with Michael.
Steven gives prompt replies to all emails and the drivers were all on time with clean cars.
The day tour we had with Michael far exceeded our expectations, he was great with knowledge of the island and lots of personal stories. We did not do the touristy sites but allowed Michael to show us the real Penang and eat at a local lunch stop, fantastic experience. Thank you Michael for sharing your Penang and favourite spots with us.
Don't hesitate book through Ocean Jupiter for all your tour needs in Penang.
Thank you for making our trip so smooth.

1 Thank Pat0409

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We got a taxi service rather than a tour.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

From my personal experience "Ocean Jupiter" seemed more like a taxi service than a tour company. When I turned up at their office I was told that they would provide a car with a tour guide/driver and we can choose from the list of destinations all over Penang. A couple of days later I called them and asked for the minivan to go to a couple of nearby attractions. With a hindsight I should have probably asked for one of the guides mentioned in earlier reviews, but I decided to trust the reputation of the company on this site.

I went to the hotel reception and there was a car there, but when I asked if he was from "Ocean Jupiter" the driver said "no". I thought that was a wrong car, but then the driver mentioned my name and I thought that he might have just misheard me.We set off and it soon transpired that the driver (whose name was Aazali) was not really a guide. He did not make any attempts at a tour commentary and was just answering my questions (without much knowledge).

Unfortunately our day trip did not get to a good start as on the visit to "Spice Garden" my daughter fell and cut her hands and we had to replace the rest of the trip with the visit to a clinic.

In the end the driver gave me a card, which just mentioned "limousine service" and no mentioning of "Ocean Jupiter". I guess that "Ocean Jupiter" just called him for this particular job. I am not saying that all their business is like that - maybe they have real tour guides. But in our case we essentially received an overpriced taxi service instead of a tour.

1 Thank katran26
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent driver and enjoyable tour”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have just spent 3 days touring Penang as a family, we used Ocean Jupiter to drive us around and show us the sites. I cannot speak highly enough of this company and driver (Sultan). Very interesting and informative plus a very safe driver indeed. Sultan was akin to a concierge service as well as he very kindly assisted with Restuarant bookings and helping to retrieve lost property....I have no hesitation in recommending this company and Sultan as a driver....both great ambassadors for Penang.

1 Thank M S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Me Sultan is the best”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Our group of nine, four adult five kids enjoyed the service by the most professional and passionate tour guide, Mr Sultan of Ocean Jupiter Tour, on our trip in Penang is great because of his time with us. We are a group of nine, two family of Canadian and Englander. We stayed at Rasa Shangri-la across the street from their store. We were referred but didnt expect such service we experienced. We visited numerous place. We enjoyed stories, history and had great conversation with Sultan. Basically, he went the extra step on whatever he does. What more do one need for a relaxing holiday....ask for him by NAME. You won't be disappointed. Cheers. (4/20/2014)

1 Thank Susanna L
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We pre-booked two tours. The first was with Michael and he took us to a temple and Penang Hill in a clean and comfy car. He told us where to find a Converse shop at which we bought sneakers at about sixty percent of what we could buy them at home. He also taught us heaps about Penang culture and food.
Luckily, Jack rang me before the second tour and said we might not be able to get to Orangan Island because of the drought. He rang and confirmed this and was apologetic and allowed me to cancel the booking with no fuss or cost. But then we just turned up to their office one day to try and arrange a driver on the day and they went out of their way to assist. SK was the driver and also very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The car was even better than the first one! We would recommend Ocean Jupiter to anyone staying in Penang.