“Beautiful and peaceful villa”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Tropika Ferringhi

Guarded entrance to the Villa Direction to the Villa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Guarded entrance to the Villa
Direction to the Villa
The clubhouse and swimming pool
The clubhouse which has a fitness centre and a yoga studio
The fitness studio
The yoga studio
Neatly manicured lawn
The fish pond at the Villa
The fishpond (rearview) at the Villa
Living room with a 40' HD TV, blu ray player and Xbox Kinect that comes with 50 game-titles
The marble-top dining table. The door at the side opens out to the patio
The kitchen installed with conventional & microwave ovens, fridge, induction cooker, etc.
1st Master bedroom with 40' HD television
1st Master bedroom
1st Master bedroom
Ensuite bathroom in the 1st master bedroom
Wash basin in the ensuite bathroom of the 1st master bedroom
The 2nd master bedroom on 3rd floor. It has sky ceilings with views of the stars at night
Inward view of the 2nd master bedroom.
The 3rd bedroom
Open, ensuite bathroom of the 3rd bedroom
The 4th bedroom
The lounge on the 2nd floor
5th bedroom
Open, ensuite bathroom of the 5th bedroom. The lush mountain behind exudes clean mountain air.
Lounge at the 3rd floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Thana P
Bangkok, Thailand
“Beautiful and peaceful villa”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I stay in this villa in August with my family. This is my second time in Penang. The first time we stay in Georgetown.

We really enjoy our stay in this villa. It is very clean and big. The furnishing is high standard. It is better then many other hotels. We like the bed. The mattresses really are so comfortable.

I like the location of the villa too. The surroundings is quiet. Only setback is it take 10 minutes to walk to the main road. Better if you have a car.

I would definitely recommend this villa.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
AlanPD540
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice When Finished”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

We rented the property for almost three weeks in September as a base in Penang whilst we traveled around Malaysia and Indonesia. The rental process was easy and the owner friendly and accommodating so we where very excited at the prospect of staying there.
This excitement however soon disappeared as we drove in to the property to see temporary fencing, a temporary security hut and building work all around us. In September 2013 there were approximately five houses inhabited in the entire development which resembled a ghost town. This disappointment was compounded by the Agent, who despite having agreed to specific arrangements to meet kept us waiting at least 45 minutes.
Once the Agent finally arrived to hand over the keys the house proved to be exactly as advertised, modern clean and extremely well furnished. During the initial meeting we expressed our concerns regarding the unfinished nature of the surrounding area, however we were assured that this will not affect our stay as no noise or dust would be generated by the construction work. This turned out to be a complete tissue of lies as we were all awoken by the sound of construction the very next morning.
We complained several times to both the agent and the owner however they did not accept the fact that they had both mislead us by not revealing the "new" nature of surrounding developments. This incidental became a norm for the Agent who I believe to be unreliable, less than punctual and prone to stretching the truth. This in my opinion however does not apply to the owner who I consider to be extremely genuine and trustworthy, his judgement however may be impaired by his staff in Penang.
Instead therefore of writing a glowing review of this lovely property I must caution any potential visitors that they shall encounter the same problems as we have until, I would suggest the end of 2014. Please see the attached photographs to back up these opinions and be aware.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house is lovely
Liked least: The Agent is pathetic
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
11 Nov 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post the review.

The construction you mentioned is that of a development called Ferringhi Residence by one of the top development companies in the country, the Mah Sing Group. The actual work currently taking place is at a corner of the land away from Tropika Ferringhi.

I have spoken to other guests who stayed at Tropika Ferringhi and they have informed me that they did not find the construction to be of any problem at all.

I do apologise for my agent's non-punctuality. I have spoken to him and reminded him of the importance of being punctual.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing