“Good location, good prices, good people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Jungle Jeanie's by the Sea
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
San Francisco, California, United States
“Good location, good prices, good people”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Jungle Jeannie's was a perfect place to spend the last few days of our honeymoon in Belize. The incredible beach-front location, the comfortable accommodations (private bath/shower in room), the friendly and helpful staff (and their playful German Shepherds) all combined to make this a place I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZSBaldwin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Spent 2 nights at this quaint & cozy little place that was actually recommended to us by a Hopkins local. Jeannie, John and Barbara met us with welcoming smiles the moment we walked thru the door. They set us up in a cabana next to the shore and our friend was set up in a cabana next to us that sat up above ours. The furnishings are simple and charmingly decorated. No tv which I was thankful for. Was most pleased at the cleanliness. The shower was sizeable and the toilet was modern. Lots of power outlets available. No air conditioning but the abundance of windows that can be opened allowed the seabreeze to keep us comfortably cool. A couple of chairs and a hammock on the front deck were perfect to relax on. And then there's the fresh delicious food! We thoroughly enjoyed the company of Jeannie & John for a Seafood Linguini dinner they prepared. This lovely couple were an absolute joy to talk with. Lots of great stories were shared together. If we find ourselves in Hopkins again we would definitely land ourselves on Jungle Jeannie's doorstep again! - Rick & Suzanne

Room Tip: We feel we were lucky to stay in the cabanas closest to the water. The ones to the rear are more sec...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Content2Bme
Mont Tremblant, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2012

two years running to Beautiful belize for a month in april. Last year, was our 1st time to Belize. During my studies of BElize, the town of Hopkins seemed so sweet and Jungle Jeannies place seemed 'at the end of the village' n 'on its own'. We rented a car at the airport in the city, drove south to Hopkins. Landed at Jungle Jeannies with no problems. Our plan or staying one or two nights turned into 10 nights of our Belize vacation was based out of Jungle Jeannies. The location at Hopkins is great for many attractions. John n Jeannies is the most relaxing, chill place on earth. You can have breakfast n dinner on site or walk down the beach to try other great restaurants within a few minutes walk. Chef Robs is a must.
Nice water at the beach .. rough when windy but 'wave jumping' kept us happy on windy days.
we did not have any sand flea problems but others told us stories........
This year, we spent 2 weeks in southern belize and 2 weeks in honduras. While in Belize, again, we stayed at Jungle Jeannies for a few nights of real R n R. in between our action packed adventures, we headed home to see John n Jeannie.
I recommend Jungle Jeannies to all whom like top end hospitality and a beautiful jungle-beach setting. The cabanas are clean, funky and private. a little rustic but truly wonderful home away from home. I look forward to my next visit to Jungle Jeannies, by the sea

Room Tip: beach cabana is litterally on the beach. tree house has the most amazing views... you wont want to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank deeb e
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We spent a week here in April - beautiful stretch of beach (never anyone else on it!), very friendly owners and staff, comfortable private cabanas (most with coffee makers & fridges). It is only about a mile out of Hopkins village (much more laid back, less touristy than Placencia) so it is close enough to walk in to local restaurants, but far enough out to be quiet and private. In fact, it is closer than any of the other resorts. We made most of our own breakfasts, but one day we did have both breakfast and dinner there and they were both very good - it was very homey eating dinner with the owners, John and Jeannie, and learning about their experiences as Canadian expats creating this hotel before Hopkins became a tourist destination! They arranged a great snorkeling trip for us at a better price than we were able to get in the village or at any of the resorts (the snorkeling was among the best we've ever done, and we've done lots).

Room Tip: We chose the Sea Chalet, one of the closest cabanas to the sea - only thing between it and the sea i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JosephineNewJersey
Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I think it was a natural jungle setting on the ocean shore that grabbed my attention. I liked that it was in the middle of Belize and I read up on the Village of Hopkins. When I arrived, my first thoughts were that I've come home. The air was sweet. Entering the main building I was greeted by Barbara and Missy who immediately made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was escorted to my cabana by Barbara. I'm not into high end accommodation but rather high end hospitality. My room was immaculate and clean. That evening I met John and Jeanie, the owners, while having my first of many delectable suppers. All I will say is that I stayed for three months. I met hundreds of guests from all around the world. All loving their stay. The best part for me was always supper where everyone would sit together as a family and tell about there day. John and Jeanie always the consummate hosts. The staff companionable and knowledgeable. I could write forever about my three months, but I’ll just leave it with what I want to give to my fellow traveller. Jungle Jeanie’s is a great destination for lone travellers, couples or families hoping to find a home from which to journey out from and discover the fantastic country of Belize.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Ian B
wisconsin
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed for several days at Jeanie's in April 2012 and had a very enjoyable time. The hotel is a great place for people who a more casual experience than a resort but more privacy and quiet than a hotel in Hopkins. My 2 person cabana was on the water and light filled and breezy and clean but rustic - we shared our shower with a friendly tree frog. I also ate most of my meals at Jeannie's - the food was good quality, satisfying home-style cooking. Jeannie's owners and staff live on the property, so it is true that the staff stores some equipment/porch furniture under the cabins and the property's companion dogs have their rest pen under a cabin (there is also a property cat) but many will see this as local color and personality. The authentic aspect of Jeannie's will be attractive to many who want a down to earth travel experience. Jeannie's is more like visiting your lovely great aunt's property and less like Disneyworld. The dogs will pose for photos on a surfboard.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kreschen
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We wanted a place to enjoy the water in a peaceful atmosphere and Jeanie's gave us just that. Our cabana was just a few steps from the sea which was warm with gentle waves. We had a great stretch of sandy beach all to ourselves. We enjoyed several delicious breakfasts and dinners with John and Jeanie and a great mix of very interesting fellow vacationers. Jeanie's excellent staff helped us arrange a snorkeling adventure, a visit to the Mayan ruins, and a golf cart rental for going into Hopkins Village or the Sittee River Marina. By the end of our stay we felt like family-- something you are not likely to experience at any of the larger, more upscale resorts. We loved it!!

Room Tip: The three people in our party found The Beach House just met our needs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margaret L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
#3 of 11 in Hopkins
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Jungle Jeanie's by the Sea? Share your experiences!