“Wonderful spot to relax!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Jungle Jeanie's by the Sea
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Oceanside, California
“Wonderful spot to relax!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We spent a week at Jungle Jeanie's and had a wonderful time. John and Jeanie as well as their staff were so kind and made us feel at home. Our cabana, the sea chalet, was clean with beautiful views of the beach and ocean just steps away. It's a great location and we will be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

A lovely family run hotel. We loved our Sea Side Tree House which had fabulous views of the beach. Barbara couldn't do enough for us and made our stay really memorable. The four beautiful alsations were wonderful too, especially watching them playing on the beach. Hopkins Village is friendly, cheap and relaxed and the dving facilities locally are top class. All in all Jungle Jeanies is a real find.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My fiancé and I had a great cabana just steps from the beach and found this to be a much more friendly and social experience than a typical hotel. There is a lounge/eating area to meet and chat with other travelers, a screened-in yoga class area and the friendliest hosts you've ever met. We even had a local guide take us fishing and diving from the nearby marina. Great value and we felt very at home there. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was back at Jungle Jeanie's for 4 days over Christmas. They have added three cabins since my last visit but I stayed in my old favorite, Sea Breeze North. This cabana has an awesome view of the ocean and is right at the end of the property so you feel very private and relaxed. John cooked a 25 lb turkey dinner with all the trimmings that was better and moister than many Christmas dinner I've had in Canada. If you have a chance take a yoga class in the jungle palapa for only $10 or go on a pontoon boat ride on the Sittee River for $40. You'll likely see crocodiles, iguanas, plenty of birds and a fabulous sunset enhanced by John's rum punch!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dale L
Central Saanich, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Exceptional! Quiet, personable and relaxed. It was our perfect oasis. Many thanks to Barbara, John and Kevin for making us feel so at home and looking after us so well. We'll be back and recommending you to all we know.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

As a solo traveler, I felt at ease every moment of my stay. The food is incredible and very resaonably priced. The location is just outside of town, an easy walk or bike ride. Very quaint and just what I needed as far as price, space and location. You can be sure that I will return. I enjoyed my stay in Hopkins and Jungle Jeanies so much that I rearranged my flight to stay longer!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Newton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Jungle Jeanie’s has consistently exceeded all my expectations! You made me feel like family.

This is my second visit to Belize…..10/23-11/6/13, and this time stayed for a total of 7 nights at Jungle Jeanie’s. My first trip was in April 2012, where I intended to stay for 3 nights, but extended for 7. This trip I popped in and out 3 times during my 2 week visit to Belize….and I had the opportunity to stay in all 3 beach front cabins: Tree House, Beach House, and Sea Chalet. My favorite is the Sea Chalet, with its optimally situated hammock, surrounded by magnificent palms and mature sea grapes; and is not even a coconut toss to the sea. The constant breeze from the East, and the sound of the sea as I slept, was delightful.

I arrived late in the evening (don’t drive down from the airport on the Humming Bird Highway after dark), and was warmly greeted by John, Jeanie & Sarah. I was stressed out from the harrowing drive down, and what did they do – impromptu, they made me a couple of creative hot sandwiches, and a cold Belikin hit the spot….a welcome alternative to having to settle in and go into the Village for a late meal!

Special mention to Barbara, a font of knowledge and local insight, she can help with arranging virtually anything, and is truly a subject matter expert on the region, and Belize overall.

Breakfast at J&J’s is a generous. I chose the fruit platter most of the time – what an excellent variety of fresh fruits. And don’t overlook the daily dinner special, if Snapper is on the menu; reserve your plate early in the day. John has perfected the seasoning, and the cook executes the whole meal perfectly. Also, ask Jeanie for a sample 5 Barrel Rum….I don’t like rum, but this product is unbelievably smooth, and mellow, you will want to bring some home.

My only recommendation, John, you may want to inventory (in the freezer) Gibnuts for some of your more adventurous guests. Tina, in the village, can give a recipe that will be a melt in the mouth experience.

Room Tip: Sea Chalet is by far the best!