My husband and I spent 7 nights at Jaguar Reef in June 2014 for our honeymoon. It was a perfect spot for a honeymoon. There were many many couples we met that were also there on their honeymoon and seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. We had a beachfront Cabana and it was wonderful to wake up and see the beach and the ocean each morning. The rooms were nice, not luxurious, but very comfortable. A 5 gallon water jug and a mini fridge were provided in the room that were very handy. I have seen many reviews regarding sand flea bites, we did not have such an experience. We utilized the spa as well as many excursions. The jet lag defrag (head, neck and shoulders massage) was wonderful as well as the couples massage which we loved as well. Everyone speaks english very well, which makes it easier to communicate than visiting Mexico for example. We loved the food in the restaurant, we even went fishing with a super cool dude named Nick and the restaurant cooked the fish for us and we had a private dinner on our veranda! We also took the Mayan Ruins tour which was amazing, and we did snorkeling as well as river kayaking, all of the excursions were so much fun! Angel was the activities coordinator while we were there, and he was very helpful and knowledgable. The staff was extremely pleasant! The only complaint we have, to get there we flew a small plane from Belize City to Dangriga and drove from Dangriga to Hopkins/Jaguar Reef. On the way home, we were told we needed to be in the lobby at 5:45am, which put us in the Belize City airport at 7am, we did not fly out until around 11am. Even with customs you DO NOT need to be in the airport that far ahead of time. So a tip.....arrange your travel back from Jaguar Reef to Belize City carefully and ahead of time, because waiting in the Belize City airport for 4 hours was not our idea of a good time, and quite frankly pretty annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud member of ViVA BELiZE, the leading Hotel Group and Adventure Company in Belize for the past 20 years. This beachfront resort is- A Diver's Paradise offering a unique Jungle and Sea Venture. It is an oasis of relaxation, with sunny skies, panoramic views of the ocean and just minutes away from the Garifuna Fishing Village of Hopkins. Other features of Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa: -WINNER 2015 TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME Award -PADI 5 Star Dive Centre -FULL Service In-house Spa -Longest & Finest Beach in Belize -Pool with Swim up Tiki Bar -Kids pool -Beachfront Dining -Water Sports & Land Adventure Tour Desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaguar Reef Hotel Hopkins
- Jaguar Reef Resort
- Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa Belize/Hopkins