“Nice Setting!”

Barracuda Bar and Grill at Beaches and Dreams
Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Hopkins
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Barracuda brings together fine dining with a casual, seafront atmosphere. We have the most extensive brunch menu in Belize, including a daily breakfast buffet. In the evening, choose from our selections of fine seafood, steaks, and pasta. We also have an extensive drink menu available for both meals.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a great dinner and great drinks at Barracuda. The dinner was excellent and the drinks were delicious. Definitely on our way back to BB&G!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Food was okay, I have had better from small local restaurants in the area. The prices were way too high for what you get. Pay $15 less for a much better surf n turf that includes a salad, soup, entree and dessert at a restaurant just down the street (chef robs) and get better service. Definitely will not be going back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I think we ended up having a meal or drinks at Barracuda Bar and Grill at least 4 times during our stay in Hopkins. We had lunch twice and both times it was delicious! The portions are large, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the place was inviting. We clearly felt very comfortable there. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Rachelle N
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Let me state right off that I have not visited the fine-dining establishments in the US in several years. I live in Central America. Thus, my scale for comparison of quality, prices, value, and service is based upon Central American standards.

As my wife and I were arriving in the village of Hopkins we asked a local expat what the good places to have a meal were. The first place mentioned was the Barracuda Bar & Grill. Another expat stated exactly the same opinion. Both of the expats also mentioned that the Barracuda was the most expensive place in the area. Our experience for two evening meals during that week confirmed that the food and service is very good and that the prices were the most expensive.

The restaurant is open air right on the beach front. It has a very comfortable and casual atmosphere about it. The service is wonderful. But I would not call the atmosphere elegant.
The menu is expansive in the area of seafood with a wide choice of specials depending upon what is in season and available. There were also several beef and chicken entrees offered. The wine and cocktail menu had several choices. The seafood meals that my wife and I had were very tasty with a nice presentation. The steak meal that I had was excellent, broiled to a perfect medium rare. The beef was very, very good. The accompanying salads and bread to the entrees were also very good though a bit small in the servings. The one dessert that we had was wonderful.

In short, the quality of the meals that we had ranged from good to excellent. Nice, relaxing setting with excellent service. But as the locals pointed out, it is very expensive, especially when compared to the serving sizes. A great place for a change or a special night out.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I ate at Barracuda Bar and Grill my first night in Hopkins! I had the delicious fish special, grouper with shrimp in a coconut curry sauce. The flavor was great and it paired nicely with my Sauvignon Blanc. The three things I look for in a restaurant are Great food, Great service, and a desirable atmosphere. Barracuda delivered all three for me. I would recommend to others and go back, myself on future trips.