“Home away from Home feeling”

All Seasons Guest House
Ranked #9 of 18 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Ingrid you are amazing! She answered all my questions via email in a timely fashion.
When we got there. She made sure we had a ride to our Cabana on the beach. 50 steps from the front door. This felt like a house. Living room, Kitchen, 2 BIG bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Very nice. Chairs on the porch to relax and watch the waves. Ingrid made us feel very comfortable.
Great price for what you get. They will even do your laundry for a small fee.
She recommended tours, reliable transportation to the airport, and wonderful restaurants.
Please make sure you book early. She is such a good hostess and with the clean rooms, she books fast!

Room Tip: Hibiscus Cabana. Great rate!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WendyCOS2

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The accommodations were very nice for the area. The Cabana was clean, modern, comfortable and had what you would need for cooking modestly. The owner and her staff are very helpful and friendly to work with. The cabanas are not air conditioned and do not have a beach front view. the beach access does have a problem with sand fleas. The main road is in front of the cabana so it can sometimes be noisy.
We enjoyed a delicious breakfast provided by Annette of Flying Boat Adventures. Was well worth it.
Ingrid is a great hostess. We ran into a couple of small problems and she went out of her way to help us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Not luxurious but completely sufficient. We stayed in the Almond beach apartment. Two comfortable double beds. Nice hot shower and kitchen with screened porch looking over the beach. Anything more upscale would not be a good fit for this laid-back Garifuna town.

It can be noisy at night, particularly when you are not used to barking dogs and roosters crowing @ 11 pm (bad rooster!) But the town is a great stroll day or night. Very nice engaging locals.

Good breakfast over at the guesthouse. Nice touch to have insect spray and lotions in a large bowl for anyone to use. Our host, Ingrid was sweet and and offered us good travel advice and perspectives.

We missed our first night due to a cancelled flight. Ingrid was able to rent our room and didn't charge us. We really appreciated that.

We would like to return sometime. Hopkins is a special place.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The owner, Ingrid, was very nice and the rooms were nice and clean. There is beach access, and a nice garden courtyard. I have no plans of ever returning to Belize, but I would stay at this place again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the butterfly room, there was a queen and a single bed. The corner room was much larger...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We just spent 10 wonderful days in the CocoPlum Apartment. Everyone was very friendly, the accomodations were clean and comfortable and the beach was fantastic. We had breakfast with Annette - very delicious and Mirko from Flying Boat Adventures helped arrange some snokeling, caving and hiking. Ingrid, the proprietor of All Season was extremely helpful both before and during our stay in answering questions about taxis, things to do and calling people. If you go, take plenty of bug spray with Deet as the sand flies were nasty for some.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We have been going to Hopkins for several years now. Our first stay there was at All Seasons Guest House. Ingrid, the owner, was so helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Orchid Room for most of our stay and moved to the Bamboo Room for the last night, as she had a prior reservation for the larger room. And, since she accommodated us at the last minute, we didn't mind working with her.
A/C is available in each room, but with the window open, you get a nice breeze all day & night so we never used the A/C.
We have been to Hopkins several times more and we always go to Ingrid first -whether at her guest house or one of the places directly on the beach, we have always enjoyed the best and friendliest hospitality with Ingrid! I would recommend going to her right from the start and she will find the best place for you!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The usual manager, Ingrid, was out of town during my stay in the Almond Apt, so unfortunately, I had to deal with Mirko (who also runs next-door Flying Boat Adventures) & his girlfriend, Annette (who is also the cook in the All Seasons "restaurant"). Mirko was beyond rude to me, & then his girlfriend, Annette tried to defend him to me, rather than apologize. I have never seen such an unprofessionally run place before.

But then, no one seems very welcoming to tourists in Hopkins. It is a dirty town with tons of sandflies (I got 200 itchy, painful bites that no one warned me about), people burning trash in every other yard, unpaved roads that hurt you when riding a bike on them, lots of crime, & very few restaurants, unless you go to a resort.

But about All Seasons: I asked both Mirko & Annette to use the phone (which really should be provided in each apt. & room so people can book tours) & they said Yes. Upon discovering that I called another tour company from his, Mirko yelled at me for making 3 local calls (he was there while I was calling, for a total of 5-7 minutes). He said I'd have to pay for it, & was very rude. He told me that "It's not MY problem that you're so disorganized & need to call around to book a tour."

Also, here are some things that do NOT work for me there:

They provide the BARE minimum in the kitchen--no peeler, cutting board, colander, cooking utensils like spatula, etc. The hotplate is very old & barely works.

No TV & no A/C is suprising when paying this much

There are rats running on the rooftop/in the attic at night, barking dogs next door all night, & roosters starting around 5am daily. I slept *horribly* there!

There are ants & bugs everywhere in the house, & no one warned guests about the rampant sandflies on their beach (which you can't see or feel). There is no raft provided to lie on in the ocean, to avoid the sandflies.

There is no packet of information advising on places to eat in Hopkins.

Worst of all, when I e-mailed Ingrid to tell her my experience, I was ignored. It's very suprising to me that this place continues to be in business.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jlefto
Dommel_10, Owner at All Seasons Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience in Hopkins but your personal problems kept you from seeing things in the right perspective. I hope you feel better now. You didn't even gave me the time after my return to react to your two emails.
Ingrid