“Diving into Belize”
Review of Belize Underwater

Belize Underwater
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small groups diving and snorkeling adventures in Hopkins Belize on a large, comfortable, safe dive boat. We do trips to the Blue Hole, Glover's Atoll, Turneffe Islands and South Water Caye. As a certified PADI 5 Star dive resort, we offer courses and top notch rental equipment. Right next door to Beaches & Dreams, Parrot Cove Lodge, Villa Verano, Almond Beach Resort and Jaguar Reef Lodge.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I did my first open water dive with Declan. He was a very patient and knowledgeable and I would recommend him for anyone just learning how to dive. Lucie was my dive buddy on my first dive after certification and really helped build my confidence. The entire crew was very professional and the whole atmosphere was very relaxed. I did five dives in total and got to see several different spots and tons of fish and coral. I will be going back to Belize again and diving with Hopkins Underwater Adventures.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We took our two adult sons (19 and 22) to Belize for their first diving experience. Our oldest son certified 4 years ago and our youngest just last fall, both certified in lakes. Declan did a refresher course in the pool for our oldest boy so he was ready to go. Our youngest forgot his dive card and Lucie went the extra mile (or two or three) confirming his certification as we couldn't reach the dive shop where he certified and it turned out his birthdate was entered wrong. There were very conscious about safety, and extremely supportive, a pleasure to work with - and as I said, went above and beyond to fulfill our ambitions for this family trip.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My girl friend and I were in Hopkins to get engaged and while we were there we looked at Hopkins Underwater Adventures for doing our check out dives. Needless to say we think we found the best group of guys ever to go out diving with in Belize!! Declan and his crew ran a top notch operation and I can't speak highly enough of Declan's Professional attitude and his patience in helping my girl friend through her checkout dives. It was like we had a personal guide through the reefs. I just can say enough about this trip. If you are in Hopkins and want to go diving then this is the place to go.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We just got back from Belize and had a great time. A big part of it was the diving. I am a diver but my girlfriend is not. She (very) reluctantly agreed to take their Discover SCUBA class. Declan is one of the best instructors I have met. He took my girlfriend from "I'm not sure I'm getting in the pool" to two supervised open water. Lucie was also great. She was very vigilant, helpful, and made for two wonderful safe dives. I cannot say enough about how wonderful they are! The boat and crew were also great. My only regret is hat I meant to give them all a gratuity but forgot; I will likely mail it to them.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Declan and Lucie run a nice shop and good trips. We did a 2 tank and also a 3 tank dive. The 3 tank was to Glover's reef. No moorings or anchoring, so all dives were technically drift dives; no current on our dives, though. Good briefings and well run dives. Dive master Ralph does a great job, keeping it fun. However, his head is on a swivel and he is really on top of things, on deck and in the water. If you're doing multiple days, leave your gear in the shop and it will be on the boat and setup for you. We had 2 to 4 foot swells with chop, but the dive guides did a great job getting everyone back up the ladders quickly and safely. I was impressed with the job they did with the less experienced divers.