“Thanks, Emma!”

Motorbike Rentals & Alternate Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alternate Adventures is the only motorcycle rental company in Belize with near a decade of experience of self-guided motorcycle adventures. We provide you not only with a motorcycle, but also with enough information, equipment and support to pursue your adventures independently on two wheels. Belize on a motorcycle is by far the most exciting and convenient way to explore this country. This land is a maze of fun and thrilling rides that for sure will offer you small and big adventures on two wheels. Rent a motorcycle from us and you will find yourself exploring Mayan pyramids, hills and valleys curtained by jungle, stunning caves, waterfalls and Caribbean beaches. On your motorcycle you may drive thru Mennonite, Garifuna, Creole and Mayan villages. If you are ready to embrace your next adventure contact us and we will rent you a motorbike. With the motorcycle we will provide you with helmet, Belize map, Belizean cell phone all info and ideas of where to start your own expeditions...
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Let us start by saying that Emma is the sweetest, most knowledgeable, and helpful person you could meet on your vacation in Hopkins! By chance, we ended up spending our 6 days in Hopkins in her old house near the Frog's Point restaurant. On our 3rd or 4th day, we decided to head into Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve, and what better way to get there than on a dirt bike? I don't recall exactly what we paid, but I do recall that it was more than fair. Especially with everything that was provided. Maps, suggestions, directions, a full tank of gas, and even a cell phone in case of emergency. It had rained the night before. Which for me made for an exciting and adventurous ride. My girlfriend, however, was white knuckled the entire time. Which, all together, made for an amazing memory. Ran into Emma around town from time to time throughout the rest of the trip and she was always very warm and inviting. A real highlight of our 16 days in Belize!

2  Thank Keenan06
"class act"
"hopkins village"
"great company"

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Thank you Emma for the wonderful trip advise! We were able to see and enjoy so much of the area on the Motorbike that we rented. I would strongly recommend this mode of transportation to everyone who visits Hopkins!!! It doesn't get any better than this!! Thanks Emma and God Bless!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Emma the owner really knows her PR skills. Suggesting places to go based on ability and weather! The woodie buggy's are so much fun, everyone is friendly and smiling when they see us cruising around it's very welcoming! An inexpensive way to see the community

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were in Hopkins on a dreary day that promised rain, and didn't really have much to do. We stopped by to see about renting a motorbike and Emma was so nice. She gave us some great recommendations on where to go and provided a map, on which she noted where good places to eat and see were. She advised us against going where we initially planned, due to the weather, which proved to be very good advice. The motorbikes were clean and well maintained, and so were the helmets. We had such a fun time exploring. Well worth the money!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Belize is made for a motorbike. There is very little traffic, the signs are clear, and most the roads on my route to Punta Gorda were paved. Emma is so responsive and knowledgeable. The bikes are in great shape and easy to ride. Just a side note-I am not an avid motorcyclist. This was my first ride this year and I had an amazing time. Renting the bike was also economical. I saved money on more expensive tours because on the bike I was able to drive to the ruins or falls and hire guides (if necessary) on on site. It was much cheaper than the tours offered in Placencia. I would definitely do this again.

1  Thank zoef