“Wonderful beachfront casual eatery”
Review of Laruni Hati Diner

Laruni Hati Diner
Ranked #31 of 47 Restaurants in Hopkins
Cuisines: Central American
Description: Mostly a locals restaurant, and off the beaten path. Well worth searching out. We ate there 2 times in 1 week. Great local home made food.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Laruni Hati is a beachfront thatched roof patio serving a limited menu of local cuisine. We really enjoyed the fried fish and stew chicken entrées, both with stewed beans and rice. A special delicacy are the fried plantains, and especially the fried green bananas. Both come hot out of the oil, but the fried green bananas have a sweetness delicacy that still inhabits my dreams. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Bgrenell
There are newer reviews for Laruni Hati Diner

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Didn't stay for dinner, but had the best Pina colada of my life - actual real pineapple bits and perfect sweetness. Great location right on the beach.

1  Thank Jenny J
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had our last dinner on this beachfront restaurant. It was a gorgeous night with a full moon and the waves crashing onshore with the locals playing a board game under a nearby palapa.

There were two fish specials. One was snapper and the other they couldn't recall the name of the fish. Hence, I decided to try the "mystery" fish. I ordered it grilled and it took awhile to deliver. But this is Belize and we were on Belizean time so no problem because we were enjoying the beautiful surroundings and the conversation with the locals.

Our dishes finally arrived and the "mystery" fish was presented on the plate with its full tail and head smiling at me. It was served with salad and fries. I thoroughly enjoyed the fish but it took awhile to eat it because I didn't want to swallow any bones. Too bad we were only able to have one meal here. I will definitely be back on my next trip to enjoy the fresh food and the seaside atmosphere.

1  Thank CaliLAgirl
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stopped in for a late lunch as we were very hungry driving from Belmopan and saw good reviews on TA. What a great place to find, right on the beautiful beach, so refreshing after a rough drive. My wife really enjoyed her fish with stew beans, and I thought the stew chicken was amongst the best I had in all of Belize! Be mindful that the homemade hot pickled veggies in the jar on the table are HOT, but so delicious in moderation (or if you want your sinuses cleared). The prices are excellent by the way!

1  Thank SkolVikings
Reviewed 22 January 2014

A good good place with warm company and marvellous Marva is training her daughter!
With a beautiful water views
There is only outside eating.
Art work on the walls is by her talented brother. I heartedly recommend this spot to chow down and soak up local flavour

1  Thank Tabby J