“Can NOT be beat!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Can NOT be beat!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a week in Hopkins in February of 2014 and absolutely loved every minute of it! To make it even better, we happened across this wonderful restaurant. I can't pin his name down, I've seen Pierre, Peer, and Per all used in reviews. He corrected me when I said Pierre, so I'm sure that's not it. Anyway, Him and his wife, Regina absolutely made our trip one we will never forget! So warm, hospitable, and informative. The food is out of this world fantastic! The passion put into the meals is evident in every dish. And you will leave feeling like you've made lifelong friends with these two amazing people. On top of the fantastic food, great drinks, beautiful atmosphere, and pleasing company, Regina and Peer (?) went completely out of their way to give us a place to stay when everything in town was booked. Little house right on the beach, kinda behind the restaurant. A trip to Hopkins is incomplete without experiencing the Frogs Point! 5 star EVERYTHING!

• Visited February 2014

New York, New York, United States
“A Favorite”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Owned by a couple from Germany, Frogs Point's food offerings are between the hotel restaurants and local establishments in sophistication and the prices can't be beat. We ate there twice, once with a group of 11. When we came back, the waitress-owner remembered every order and person from days before. She is happy to chat about living in Belize while her husband prepares your dinner.

Visited August 2014
San Diego, California
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Frogs Point has a very pleasant atmosphere with pleasant owners who are from Germany. If you're looking for a nice place to eat in Hopkins, this would be it. The prices are higher than other nearby restaurants owned by locals, but it has a fancier decor than most as well. I had a chicken entree with a peanut sauce, very mild in spice but tasty. My husband had a chicken pasta dish, but did wish he had ordered something else on the menu. As with most of the restaurants in Hopkins the presentation of food is beautiful. They have a full bar and although my mixed drink lacked some in flavor, it did not skimp on the alcohol itself. As much as we loved the owners and how they wanted to please you, I would probably choose more of the local's restaurants in the area for the flavors of Belize.

• Visited August 2014
“Iced Coffee”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

At this quaint cafe we tried iced coffee german style, which meant coffee with a scoop of ice cream in it. it was pretty good. We also ate fresh german chocolate cake. It was yummy, but did not have iceing on it like I am use to. This place looked busy every night, although we were staying at an all inclusive so we did not eat dinner there. We will try it for dinner next year.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Julie D
Columbus, Ohio
“Sublime atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I loved Frogs Point! The atmosphere was calming and the smells coming from the kitchen immediately pulled us in off the street. With quiet music playing in the background, candles at the table, and fun and artistic decor, we had a lovely meal and evening. A must if in Hopkins Village!

Visited July 2014