My husband and I stayed in room 1, closest to the fabulous Barracuda Bar and Grill, and our 4 adult kids stayed in the 2 story Tree House behind us. The rooms are open and comfortable. The beds are nice, too. The strong floor fan moves the air so well, that I needed not to have worried about being too warm at night without air conditioning. There are 5 rooms, (cabanas?) so it is more like a B and B, not a big impersonal resort. They take great care of you here!
We decided a year ago that we would find a beach somewhere and take a family trip and make memories instead of exchanging Christmas gifts. We sure accomplished our goal!
My main hope was to see manatees. How thoughtful of our hosts to arrange a mother and baby to spend several days in the swimming area near the dock.
Cave tubing was the kids favorite trip. We also went to a huge Mayan ruin, and did the Monkey River boat ride. Also a boat ride to the coral reef and fishing after. You just tell Tony what you are interested in, and he sets it up. It couldn't be easier.
Personally, I felt the beautiful plants and flowers thru out property was amazing, and sitting among them, reading and having a rum cocktail was a great time, also. At the end of the dock, too.
Angela's breakfast spread was always wonderful, and on the days we had to leave kind of early, she had food ready for us. So thoughtful. Tony's meals- amazing, really. I had things there that I have only read about. lol
Oh, all the staff people are super nice, and helpful, too. Omar maintains the beach by raking each day. He got coconuts and opened them and put a straw in them for us to try! The 2 young men that took us to the reef and fishing, were very tolerant of our group. A hat blew off my daughter's head, and they spun that little boat around and grabbed the hat before it sank. And while fishing, they had to put bait on every 30 seconds or so,(what a bore) because we weren't used to dropping the line in and getting bites immediately!
What a great time we had. And we sure made the memories, to last a lifetime!! Belize it!
Thanks so much! Nan, Bob, Leah and Dave, Cheri and Michael.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a stretch of beautiful beach in Hopkins , Belize, We are a small owner operated full service resort.Tony Marsico has been a 5 star Chef for his entire career and Angela a pastry chef for over 25 years. Besides 5 star dining, they offer a central location to all the adventures of the reef and rain forest of Belize and share their extensive knowledge of Belize and its rich culture. Now with 6 deluxe Suites in our new Boutique Hotel and 5 cabana rooms, we have 2 price ranges for your choice to stay on the beach. specializing in all inclusive vacations , we cater to small groups and individual travelers, no large tours. Attention to detail and individual attention is our mantra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Beaches And Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches And Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Beaches And Dreams Belize/Hopkins