“As great as I hoped it would be” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaches And Dreams

Beaches And Dreams
Ranked #3 of 18 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Iowa
“As great as I hoped it would be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 1, closest to the fabulous Barracuda Bar and Grill, and our 4 adult kids stayed in the 2 story Tree House behind us. The rooms are open and comfortable. The beds are nice, too. The strong floor fan moves the air so well, that I needed not to have worried about being too warm at night without air conditioning. There are 5 rooms, (cabanas?) so it is more like a B and B, not a big impersonal resort. They take great care of you here!
We decided a year ago that we would find a beach somewhere and take a family trip and make memories instead of exchanging Christmas gifts. We sure accomplished our goal!
My main hope was to see manatees. How thoughtful of our hosts to arrange a mother and baby to spend several days in the swimming area near the dock.
Cave tubing was the kids favorite trip. We also went to a huge Mayan ruin, and did the Monkey River boat ride. Also a boat ride to the coral reef and fishing after. You just tell Tony what you are interested in, and he sets it up. It couldn't be easier.
Personally, I felt the beautiful plants and flowers thru out property was amazing, and sitting among them, reading and having a rum cocktail was a great time, also. At the end of the dock, too.
Angela's breakfast spread was always wonderful, and on the days we had to leave kind of early, she had food ready for us. So thoughtful. Tony's meals- amazing, really. I had things there that I have only read about. lol
Oh, all the staff people are super nice, and helpful, too. Omar maintains the beach by raking each day. He got coconuts and opened them and put a straw in them for us to try! The 2 young men that took us to the reef and fishing, were very tolerant of our group. A hat blew off my daughter's head, and they spun that little boat around and grabbed the hat before it sank. And while fishing, they had to put bait on every 30 seconds or so,(what a bore) because we weren't used to dropping the line in and getting bites immediately!
What a great time we had. And we sure made the memories, to last a lifetime!! Belize it!
Thanks so much! Nan, Bob, Leah and Dave, Cheri and Michael.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Naninabq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

With amazing views, sparkling waters and incredible food, Beaches and Dreams is a must stay during any visit to Hopkins. Shady hammocks under a thatched roof and low slung between coconut trees accompany a set of grab-and go kayaks facing the beautiful dock surrounded by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed, and right on the beach. The Barracuda Bar, which is owned and operated by Tony and Angela, offers delectable dishes with beachfront tables that allow you to bathe yourself in the soothing evening breezes. Tony and Angela are a wealth of hospitality and information. They were an invaluable resource and eagerly offered to arrange tours, enabling you to get the most out of your stay. Be sure to take a moment in the morning to throw the toy for the intrepid Ruger... Tony and Angela's plucky pup. He is a ready reminder to save time to play during your stay. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: The rooms on the right side of the structures are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Absolutely Phenomena.. I've wanted to go to Beaches and Dreams for years, so for my 50th birthday I took a three week vacation and spent 9 days of it at Tony and Angela's beautiful seaside inn. My only regret was that I didn't spent all three weeks there. The food was so awesome. I had Tony's wild boor one night...IT WAS TO DIE FOR! I'd go back just for that .Angela's continental breakfast started each day off perfectly. Tony planned all of the actives that we wanted to do, from Bocawina zip line at Mamma Noots to snorkeling some of the beautiful barrier reefs. The prices for the actives where very reasonable. There were a few days we just wanted to hang out and do our own thing.We rode bikes to Hopkins{complement's of beaches and dreams) where you'll find the nicest most authentic people. We hiked up to some gorgeous waterfalls and went swimming. The things to do were endless, but the best part was coming back at night to wine and dine at the Barracuda bar and grill. Thank you Tony and Angela for the best birthday ever, Can't wait to come back... -23 brrr

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jena50
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Beaches and Dreams in Hopkins, Belize. Angela is a sweetheart and can bake like no tomorrow. Anthony is a foodie, writes about it and lives it everyday in his kitchen on the beach. Fresh fish, wonderful steak, lobster, pasta - oh and the red sangria is fantastic. Douglas is an employee who serves and cares for the customers well. The rooms are clean and well decorated. Simple cottages with nice bathrooms. Mine had a huge bed, fans - I don't like air conditioning and these cottages don't need it. The windows are great and provide nice breezes. I met super people there as well, staying at the other cottages. I went alone and felt safe always. The sun came out a few days and rain storms came and went. I enjoyed a spa day next door at the Butterfly Spa. Facial and Massage was super great. This place is growing and may lose the charm once the road is paved to it. Tony set up the small plane flight from Belize City to Dangrida - not sure I spelled that correctly. The sand does have biting sand fleas so only use the furniture which is beautiful and plenty of chairs and hammocks. Angela and Anthony are expanding so construction is happening now to build a three story building for more rooms and a gift store. I believe they are putting a swimming pool in as well. A little noise but nothing early or late. I enjoyed watching the concrete pour for the upper floor. :)

Room Tip: I had the Macaw room I think. It was right there on the beach behind another cottage that was in fro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lopaka1212
Placencia, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

My experience at Beaches and Dreams was heaven, from start to finish Tony & Angela provided everything we needed to make a perfect mother-daughter get away. The hotel was nice and clean with comfortable beds, a gracious shower & excellent water pressure, cool breezes wafted in the room at all hours of the day & night & absolutely lovely views of local flora & the Caribbean sea. Tony helped us plan a (very affordable) 1/2 day snorkel excursion, which was brillant! The reef varies tremedously from the other areas in Belize that I have experienced. The hotel amenities were great, coolers of ice (to keep those Belikins extra cold), delicious breakfasts with a real homemade quality to them, good bikes & sea kayaks, outdoor shower, cozy hammocks (several to choose from), shady palapa & dock, gorgeous Hopkins sand & pleasing lounge chairs that allowed you to just "be there"... absolute relaxation! We can't wait to return, thanks again to Tony & Angela for a great little vacation xoxo

Room Tip: The Scarlet Macaw was a gracious King sized room (with King bed)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Delafield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Incredible, amazing .... it was our dream vacation. I give Tony and Angela, their inn and their staff 10 stars!! From the moment I got there I was in awe. The view from our room, the beach, the landscaping, everything was so beautiful. The room was huge, the bed was so comfortable and the bathroom had a huge shower. The food was absolutely delicious - and desserts to die for!! Tony arranged our daily excursions. One morning we woke up to a glorious sunrise and Tony decided to change our tour of Monkey River to a half day of snorkeling because he said it was the perfect day for it...and he was right!! Incredible snorkeling. Tony arranges private excursions with the locals - no big tour groups for us!! Franz took us snorkeling and Julian was our driver and tour guide when we went hiking in the Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary. Douglas was our waiter and bartender who always make sure we were taken care of. You will want to make sure to make happy hour from 4 - 6 for his great local drinks.
Tony and Angela are the most incredible hosts and the kindest of people. Need hats, rain jackets, that you might have forgotten - Angela will borrow them to you. We would sit and visit with them anytime during the day, especially during cocktail hour and during breakfast to learn where to go, and what to do. I had mentioned that we would love to hear some local drumming....next thing we knew Tony arranged for the Garifuna drummers to come and drum for us during our dinner hour!! Now that is service. There was never a disappointing moment, even when it rained!!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. It was a dream vacation for us.
MJD from Wisconsin

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I couldn't imagine a resort better designed to satisfy all my wishes, which is why I am ambivalent about writing this review, selfishly wanting this place all to myself.

Beaches and Dreams is ideally situated on the Belizean coast, a short walk south of Hopkins, the home of descendents of the Garifuna.
It has easy access to national parks, diving and snorkeling sites along the Barrier Reef, fishing and bird watching, and the real Belize...the ethnic and natural Belize unspoiled by tourism.

Most importantly for me was the personable and respectful manner with which we were treated by our hosts, Tony and Angela. This individualized approach of theirs allowed us to relax, knowing that our needs and wishes would be would be met with immediate and thoughtful attention.

And finally, the food at their Barracuda Bar and Grill has to be some of the best in all of Belize.

Enough said. I want to be sure there's room for us next year.

Tom Holbrook

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
#2 of 19 in Placencia
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Beaches And Dreams? Share your experiences!