“Great Food, Great Prices, Great Location - Spotless Clean”
Review of The Watering Hole - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Watering Hole
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have eaten at the Watering Hole several times over this past year, and I have never been even remotely disappointed. Miss Jude is a Hopkins born Garifuna woman, and she runs the restaurant. Her entire family is very industrious, Her husband Nowell is a licenced tour operator and takes people on snorkeling trips or out fishing. Their sons have bikes that they rent out to tourists... Miss Jude does not cook breakfast - only lunch and dinner. Her rice and beans with chicken is absolutely wonderful - especially when she makes her special coconut rice, At dinner time, fresh fish or seafood is usually on the daily menu. Miss Jude serves a lot of steamed vegetables as well as salads, which is a nice treat. You can sit indoors if you prefer to eat inside, or you can sit outside under the palapa which is beside the road. Portions are very good size and her prices are great - anywhere from $8 BZ and up. She also has the coldest beer in Hopkins - and she only charges $3 for a beer. This is not a place that is open late. Miss Jude usually is closed by 8 at night. I often recommend The Watering Hole to my guest who stay at my little resort on the beach (Coco Breeze Cabanas) and I have never heard a complaint from any guest - quite the opposite. They usually return there to eat, which tells you something about Miss Jude's food. Her kitchen is spotless clean, as is her restaurant. I think it's one of the best places to eat in Hopkins if you are on a budget. I give The Watering Hole a BIG thumbs up.

1  Thank Blondieinbelize