“Fabulous Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Mt Pleasant SC
“Fabulous Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We loved Mama Noots and their incredible staff. Stephanie Arnold has all the Belizean charm you could ever want, and believe me the Belizean people are truly charming. Here in Charleston, we pride ourselves on being one of the most hospitable cities, but these people have us beat! Don and Stasha are the owners, and they are kind, treat their staff well and want to make sure you have a fabulous time. We felt so blessed to have all of them as our wonderful hosts. We did so much- zip lining, waterfall rappelling, snorkeling in the beautiful Caribbean, cave tubing, bird watching, horseback riding, sunbathing and swimming on a gorgeous beach,hiking and swimming in a waterfall pool, and visiting an amazing Mayan ruin at Xunantulich. I think part of Mama Noots charm is the people there, and its proximity to the ocean which allows you to enjoy jungle and beach.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage for four and were very pleased with our accommodations. My sleep quality wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KayMtPleasantSC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Mama Noots was the highlight of our trip to Belize. When we arrived we felt very welcome and comfortable. The owners, management, and staff were all so kind and made sure we had everything we needed. Zip lining, hiking, and getting to know our tour guides was so much fun. The people at Mama Noots really care for their guests and go above and beyond to make them happy. The rooms were always clean, the food was great, and the service was unbeatable. Our 4-night stay was definitely not enough. We'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Rachael_Corea
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Let me start by saying that I wish I were back at Mama Noots as opposed to writing about them right now. I just returned from a 4-night stay in paradise with my sister, aunt and a friend, and none of us wanted to leave. This eco resort is bound to be "THE" place to stay as the new owners have done something truly amazing with this beautiful piece of property. We were greeted with love and that only grew throughout our stay. We couldn't help but take photo after photo beginning with opening the doors to our rooms. I honestly felt like I was on a romantic getaway with the gals... it was awesome! We had many adventures both at Bocawina and off site. Every excursion we did was well worth the money. Cesar is the kindest, sweetest, caring guy- you have to get to know him. We were fortunate to have the same two fantastic tour guides for both our waterfall repelling hike and the zip line (longest in Central America!). If you can request to have Hugo and Vidal, you should. On top of that, the food was spectacular. Shawn and Stasha do an amazing job preparing delicious meals and Stephanie (who deserves a Gold Medal of her own) brings you delicious coffee and fresh squeezed juices every morning as you're rolling out of bed and prepping for your day ahead. It really is the wonderful staff that made our trip so memorable. Any and everything we needed, they graciously accomodated. Don even brought me a yoga mat so I could practice my yoga while I was staying with them. Now THAT is a personal touch! I feel as if we not only made friends but also family down at Mama Noots... I'm confident you'll feel the same way!

Room Tip: The Parrot and Howler Monkey rooms are individual rooms but are adjoining. Perfect for a family AND...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank WineDrinkingYogi
San Clemente
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Mamo Noots for 4 nights and loved our jungle retreat. If you're looking for a quiet and relaxing vacation to get back in touch with nature but not quite ready to leave the conveniences of modern living, then this is the spot. We stayed at the Garden Suite, which was a spacious private bungalow - had a cute living area, and the entire space, including the bathroom are modern (esp. appreciated the shower pressure). No A/C though but it's the jungle, so as expected. Bocawina falls was a quick 30 min hike and we got to enjoy its beauty all by ourselves. The staff at Mama Noots were wonderful - from the owners, to the restaurant staff and the tour guides. Food at the restaurant was yummy, especially loved their mango flan dessert. If you're up for an adventure and a challenging hike, you must do the Antelope Falls rapelling and zipline combo.

2 Thank P_and_L_2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We had a blast at Mama Noots. The owners Don and Stasha were fantastic and very accommodating as well as the staff. We felt very comfortable being at the resort with the great hospitality from Stephanie. Mama Noots is situated in the jungle of Belize and we recommend bringing heavy duty insect repellent as well as sunscreen. We did a number adventures including the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins and Tube Caving (w/ Emelio), Bocawina Rappelling and Ziplining (w/ Henry and Jose). They also have self-guided hiking which you can do in your own time and leisure. Every lunch and dinner we would be served and have a few laughs with Daniel our waiter. The staff really looked after us and we could continue raving on about this place. It is so far the best vacation we've had.

This is not a place if you want luxury, and A/C - the rooms are very nice with only a roof fan to keep you cool. The food here great, but would've been good to also have alternative Belizean cuisines. Overall, our trip to Mama Noots was fantastic and since being back home we miss the place. We highly recommend Mama Noots for those who enjoy wildlife, scenery and culture.

Room Tip: No A/C. Bring heavy duty bug repellent and at least 30+ sunscreen.
2 Thank Judy K
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had such a wonderful time at Mama Noots! Friend staff, great food and such great hospitality. Loved the room, the flowers, the scenery and the ziplining was really fun! Delicious coffee, fruit and breakfast. Everything was so well organized! We loved it!

2 Thank AfricanQueen84
Boerne, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

We went to the restaurant for lunch after hiking up to Antelope Falls. The building was clean and attractive. We ordered a couple of Cokes and some chips and dip while we looked at the menu. The chips tasted like they had been baked while Bill Clinton was in office and were inedible. Thinking this might be a preview of lunch, we aborted and asked for a check. I mentioned to the young man waiting on us that the food seemed to be older than I am and he just smiled and nudged the bill over to me.
I can't speak to the experience of staying at the resort, but hopefully it's more enjoyable than our (attempted) lunch.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
StashaT, Owner at Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
I am so sorry that your experience with us was judged by the tortilla chips. We are at the mercy of our purveyors and the chips were just bought a few days before. I tried to catch you when Daniel told me of the problem with the stale chips but you were gone already. You were absolutely right about the chips and now we are making our own chips daily. I am sorry, please accept my apology. If you email us your address, I will be happy to send you a refund.

I enjoyed visiting your city in Texas. We stayed there a couple of years ago.

Stasha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
#5 of 11 in Hopkins
Coconut Row Guest House
Coconut Row Guest House
#1 of 17 in Hopkins

Been to Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures? Share your experiences!