Our group of 4 stayed in the 2 rooms that comprise a duplex--Howler Monkey and Parrot's Nest. The rooms were absolutely beautiful, and the little touches made it incredibly inviting--fresh flowers, animal shaped towels, etc. The room stayed nice and cool with windows covering most of the walls, and a nice high ceiling with a powerful fan. My only complain would be that, particularly with a door separating our 2 rooms, noise easily traveled between us, so if you're looking for privacy, I wouldn't stay in one of those 2 rooms. I'm not sure how the others compare. The staff here was very attentive, gave excellent recommendations, and were friendly beyond what professionalism requires. They took excellent care of us, both at the resort and while we were away. The chef, Gilroy, was incredibly caring and greeted us as soon as we arrived to find out any food allergies or preferences, and every meal we had there was catered to our likings. I can't speak highly enough of the staff! And the food...oh the food! At first I thought it a little pricey, but for the amount of food you get, I understood completely. You will certainly not leave the restaurant hungry, and the food is incredible. I loved every single meal we ate there, which was good because there isn't much else around. But that only adds to the charm of the place...the perfectly manicured landscape of the resort is expansive and inviting, and incredibly peaceful. We hiked a bit and came upon a waterfall that, while cold, was a wonderful afternoon swim and beautiful escape.
All in all, I would 100% recommend a stay at Mama Noots to absolutely anyone. It's a stunningly beautiful and quiet place, the staff is energetic and ridiculously helpful, the food leaves nothing to be desired and is plentiful, and the rooms are perfect for relaxation or enjoying the sights and sounds of the surrounding rain forest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures is located in the heart of Mayflower Bocawina National Park. We are powered by hydro and solar. We have 6 standard rooms, 3 rooms in Traditional Thatched Cabanas, 3 deluxe rooms, all with with ceiling fans and private bathrooms hot and cold showers. We have a restaurant and bar on location and we serve local food as well as other dishes and we provide vegetarian meals on request. Our on-site activities include: Zip-lining in the longest Zipline course in Central America (Night zip-lining also available); Waterfall Rappelling in three different waterfalls; Hiking trough the jungle and swimming on different waterfall pools (we have 5 waterfalls); Birdwatching tours (with local Mayan guide with over 20 years of experience); Mayan ruin tours (the park has two unexcavated Mayan Temple Mounds). Off-site activities include Mayan Ruin tours, Monkey River tours, Cave tubing, Horseback riding in the jungle, Cultural tours, Spice farm tour, and snorkeling/diving. And our new Tikal National Park tour (Guatemala). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel Dangriga
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures Belize/Hopkins