My husband and I started out our honeymoon at Mama Noots resort and we had an amazing time. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is so friendly and accommodating, Amir, Maria, Orlando, Oscar and others who I am probably forgetting. They helped us arrange tours to maximize our time at the resort and we enjoyed everything we did! Highly recommend the zip lining, cave tubing, Mayan Ruins tour and Antelope falls hike and rappelling. (Hard but worth it!!) One the biggest highlights surprisingly was the food, not expecting much we were blown away by the quality, variety and taste of the food. Chef Mo was awesome, especially the fish and shrimp options.
If you are planning on staying here while in Belize, don't hesitate another second.
The only thing I would suggest to the resort is to have a few areas with seating or hammocks for guests to relax and be able to sit out and read a book. There is not much downtime while at the resort but if you are only doing a half day excursion a seating area to enjoy the grounds would be welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures is located in the heart of Mayflower Bocawina National Park. We are powered by hydro and solar. We have 6 standard rooms, 3 rooms in Traditional Thatched Cabanas, 3 deluxe rooms, all with with ceiling fans and private bathrooms hot and cold showers. We have a restaurant and bar on location and we serve local food as well as other dishes and we provide vegetarian meals on request. Our on-site activities include: Zip-lining in the longest Zipline course in Central America (Night zip-lining also available); Waterfall Rappelling in three different waterfalls; Hiking trough the jungle and swimming on different waterfall pools (we have 5 waterfalls); Birdwatching tours (with local Mayan guide with over 20 years of experience); Mayan ruin tours (the park has two unexcavated Mayan Temple Mounds). Off-site activities include Mayan Ruin tours, Monkey River tours, Cave tubing, Horseback riding in the jungle, Cultural tours, Spice farm tour, and snorkeling/diving. And our new Tikal National Park tour (Guatemala). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel Dangriga
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures Belize/Hopkins