“Mama Noot ... Queen of the Forest”

Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures
Ranked #3 of 20 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Western Springs, Illinois
“Mama Noot ... Queen of the Forest”
Reviewed 27 December 2006

We just returned from Belize (unfortunately).
This is what experiencing the jungle is all about. To have folks like Nan, her 2 beautiful and fun daughters, Mr. Ezmeraldo, Uncle Chulo, and King (the dog) accomodate my wife and I was an unbelievable experience for us.
The great service, food, positive atmosphere, tranquility, and rustic/clean and comfortable cabanas only magnified the eye opening educational experience we had while hiking the jungle or observing up close what you see on the discovery channel or animal planet.
We cant wait to go back to see Nan and her friends, and laugh some more!!!!
To those with negative responses... I can only assume that the jungle experience wasnt really what you were looking for... or maybe you just have moldy toes.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — pay your respects to Uncle Chulo as soon as you arrive
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank BillyHope

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
NYC
Reviewed 16 September 2006

the "indiana jones" style hikes kept me on my toes and relaxing in the hammocks helped put me to sleep each night. one of my best holidays to date! I highly recommend this resort to anyone of any walk of life. I had the time of my life. the accommodations, the food and the people of the mamanoots resort are the best! family owned and operated for 10 years and with two gorgeous american girls helping their mother out, it's not what you'd expect to find in the middle of the jungle. what a treat!

• Liked — the hammocks outside each bungalow
  • Disliked — Nada
  • Tips/Secrets — tell all your friends, it
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RRRoy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2006

Heaven on earth! After an eventful day, a great meal, story telling and tons of laughs the cool mountain air coached me into a very splendid sleep. My alarm clock was the sound of at least thirty diferent types of birds. After listening to these wide range of beautiful sounds, I stepped outside and witnessed an early "rush hour". All these different birds were traveling in different directions at ammazing speed - and there were no collisions. I did not notice anyone directing the traffic. There was no road rage. The constant array of sounds and movements of the birds was a wonder I still savour with relish. The food at Mama Noots is great. The kitchen and the bar are among my top favorite locations. I will be back in August of this year!

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2006

Wow! Did I mention Wow! What a beautiful place... It was soo beautiful that words could not describe. The food and customer service was amazing.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portland
Reviewed 9 May 2005

Gosh, can it get better? The price is right, and it sits on the Northern baorder of the CocksComb.. there are ruins, waterfalls, miles of trails, and
the price is right. Get a 4x4 and combine it with time on the beach- like
in Placencia (avoid the nasty bugs of Dangriga and Hopkins- get to Placencia).... We see more birds, and amazing wildlife at this inexpensive
and well run lodge than anywhere else in Belize... just drive until the
road ends... great place.. bring the family, they will love it!! And the
prices are RIGHT!!!

Stayed June 2004
7 Thank Romeo
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 2 April 2005

We had a large, amazing group of eighteen friends from Los Angeles and San Diego. From the Belize airport we took a van to Mamnoots. About an hour and half drive. We traveled the Hummingbird Hwy to our destination. When the van pulled up to Mamanoots everyone started cheering. Beautiful! So lush and green. With roaring waterfall off in the near distance. Nanette and Kevin came and welcomed us like family to thier place. We stayed in bungalos with thatched roofing and very comfortable beds. All the rooms had warm water fresh from the many surrounding waterfalls. They have an awesome restaurant and bar with large windows on every wall so you can look out to the jungle. The food here was definitly the best. They also offer vegan and vegetarian meals. Soooo tasty. Deserts too.We had a blast. Hiked to three different waterfalls and swam in different pools and then hiked down th river back to Mamanoots. We used Mamanoots as our base and took a trip out to the pyramids, the cayes and to the zoo. Nanette helped to hook us up with all of our plans. I have to say my favorite part of the trip was just hanging out in the restaurant with all my friend drinking and dancing and partying to Belizian beats! We had such a fantastic time staying here and all of us highly recomend Mamanoots. It's not just a trip it is an adventure!

16 Thank camm0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Sleeping Giant Lodge
#3 of 11 in Hopkins
Thatch Caye Resort
Thatch Caye Resort
#2 of 2 in Coco Plum Cay

Been to Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures? Share your experiences!