“It's another bucket list property!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I recently spent some time at Hamanasi Resort. I stayed there before in 2011 as a guest and my review was very positive then. If you've read any of my previous reviews you'll know that I love well run hotels. This time I was working in Belize so the hotel was closed. But I'm writing this review to register that although the hotel was closed and I was the only guest, I was still given the optimum level of attention as if the hotel was full of visitors and running at full service. My every need was catered for. While the hotel was closed the management and staff were undergoing what seemed to be a very thorough training programme from safety right through to service which acted as confirmation as to why this hotel is doing so well in providing the ultimate Customer Experience. I'm a Customer Experience Practitioner and have been in the travel industry for 16 years and I have to say that this hotel is leading in this area because the owners, managers and staff are committed to constant improvement. This visit gave me a birds eye view of the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes so that we, the visitors can experience the holiday of a lifetime. As an advocate for sustainable travel I asked a number of the employees why they loved working at Hamanasi. I was pleasantly surprised to hear so many of them attest their love for their work to the owners and how well they are treated as employees. If you're planning a trip to Belize, I'd say Hamanasi is definitely your first choice it's a BUCKET LIST choice! The attention to detail and genuine love for outstanding service is a phenomenal breath of fresh air. The tranquil and lush surroundings will ensure that you wind down from your hectic lifestyle. There are sea view and pool view choices of rooms. The inland rooms are known as tree houses for those who love a more natural rainforest feel. This is a divers haven with extremely well trained dive professionals who have the best there is to offer in the marine experience. The best thing about this hotel is the dedicated staff. They care, they're committed and they love what they do! Great ingredients for a fabulous holiday! Congrats to the owners, managers and staff at Hamanasi for such a well designed service offering. The names are too numerous to mention. You are all fantastic and I will see you next year when I return with my family.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Charmaine S

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We spent 8 days with our 16 year old son, half in a beachfront room and half in a deluxe treehouse. The beachfront room was nice, but the treehouse was exceptional.

Meals were very good, with enough variety of choices to meet most tastes. This trip was for our son, who got PADI certified for the trip, and was the first diving my wife and I had done since we were married. The dive operation was great and a higher level of service than I was used to from years of diving in the 70's and 80's. We paid extra for two longer dive trips, one called "The Ultimate" which included "The Elbow" at Turneffe and 2 wall dives at Lighthouse Reef Atoll that were fantastic. The other extra trip was to Glover's Reef Atoll, which was also spectacular. The included barrier reef dives were also great. Beautiful sponges, soft corals, Hawksbill turtles, and more. Divemasters were experienced and led relaxed full dives.

We took several land excursions as well to break things up. The drivers/guides from Hamanasi were great. Our driver for the Mayan trip was of Mayan ancestry himself, adding another positive dimension.

The weakest points are understandable: The 6 mile road from the paved highway through Hopkins to the resort was rough and rocky -- the worst part of all excursions. Sand fleas are voracious in these parts, requiring repellent to protect your arms, legs, and ankles at dinner or sitting by the beach.

All in all, Hamanasi Resort offers a great mix of Belize land and sea experiences.

Room Tip: The deluxe treehouse rooms are spectacular and the best value.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Karl B
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We spent 5 nights here with our 4-year-old son in late August and loved every minute. We were a bit worried about bringing a young child to an exclusive resort, but within minutes of arriving, when our son happily accepted his own chilled fruit juice in a child friendly cup, we knew we had made a great choice. The staff could not have been kinder and more attentive, and our son was entranced by the experiences he had. Excursions were able to be modified to match what he could handle (turned out he kept up with us just fine), he had a menu of his own to choose from nightly, and the treehouse offered him his own separate bed which meant everyone slept well. From the reusable water bottles to the fudge in our room, the patience and thoughtfulness of the staff (thank you Ems, Rosemarie, Karina, Melania, Charles, Kenneth, just to name a few!), the grounds, the activities, the pool, there is absolutely nothing we would change. We will absolutely be back when our son is old enough for zip lining, the caves and to revisit the gems of this amazing country! (and the bugs were virtually nonexistent, except in the jungle).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Courtney V
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The room was great, the staff was way friendly, and the food was pretty fantastic. The tours were a lot of fun and the place was beautiful. We had a really great time and have absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Oh my where to start? Right from the beginning with great customer service from Patricia and Gilda in reservations to our driver back to Dangriga it was non-stop vacation perfection. My best friend and I came down to celebrate my 60th birthday and Hamanasi was one of the best decisions ever made. Dive crews were the best - incredible patience, great humor, and phenomenal vision - I swear they could see a one inch fish from a mile away!! Shout out to C-Dog ("follow me, the handsome black man with the black and yellow fins"), Sam I Am ('we're starting our party the minute you leave Barbara), Martin (your patience with the older diver who had to abort his first dive but completed his second because of your help was remarkable), Gary (patience of Job) and all - thanks!! To our guides Pedro (zipline) and Hartfield (Mayan ruins) it was fun for the former and an educational experience for the latter. I learned so much about the Mayans I could be a tour guide now (well not really but you get the picture). We had a beachfront room, very spacious, clean with a large porch with a hammock and two chairs. Their sustainability practices were evident everywhere - locally made soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, huge vegetable garden (thanks Nathan for the personalized tour) and even a large compost area. Almost all of the staff are locals and they seem to be quite happy and love their jobs. We met one of the founders (I like that they refer to themselves as founders, not owners) and we can see why the place was so wonderful. Hamanasi employees are perceived and treated as extended family (in this case a good thing) and it reflected in their attitudes and treatment of their guests. Front Office - Melonie, Louise, Karina (the Magnificent!) and Darwin, you were a joy to interact with. Special thanks to Birilla, Elvira, Kim, Suzet and Mark (the bartender) for your helpfulness and upbeat attitude. I'm still talking about the size of my birthday lobster - it was the size of a small volkswagen I tell you!

I chose Hamanasi ultimately because of their support of the local humane society. Belize is a very poor country and the strays in so many of the villages will break your heart. With the assistance of Hamanasi however the local village of Hopkins has created a humane society the envy of many others. US vets come down and volunteer their services in spay/neuters, medical, flea/tick treatment, etc. Hamanasi is a huge supporter and encourages their guests to donate (I have suggested a donation box in the lobby) to both the humane society and the local school.

I have never returned to a vacation site (I also have wanderlust) but my friend and I are planning on going back in two years for my 62nd birthday. Am counting down the days!

Thanks Hamanasi for a job well done and a birthday to remember!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank austxdiver
Reviewed 3 September 2013

There are not many places especially "Dive Resorts " that get any better then Hamanasi.
The hotel, the location, the staff. the food, Bar, shuttle service, management, but especially the diving.
I am a PADI Dive instructor, ex Live aboard " Dive Boat Captain " etc.-etc. The dive program, boats and staff, were first class. If I did not have "Incurable Wonder Lust " I would go back to Hamanasi again and again. But you can be sure I will go again on my next trip to " Hopkins "

Room Tip: They are all great, If you want to spend a little more opt for the " Tree House ". We act...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Catamaran450
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The customer service at Hamanasi is second to none! This was the vacation that we will measure all other vacations against. The staff was friendly and wonderful, the snorkel and dive masters were knowledgeable and safety conscious. The rainforest/Mayan ruins guides taught us so much. Meals were delicious and varied with cuisine for every palate. We cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience was! A paradise experienced with consideration for the environment and the culture.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jaquar2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!