“An Adventurers Paradise with Eco-Friendly Focus and Outstandng Staff!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Dover, New Hampshire
“An Adventurers Paradise with Eco-Friendly Focus and Outstandng Staff!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

You have two choices here:

1) Take 5 minutes and read my lengthy (and likely boring) review and then book your trip.

OR

2) Save some time and just book your trip.

You will not regret it...

We are just back from our first visit to Belize and the Hamanasi, and I have been struggling to find the just the right words to describe our experience. Unfortunately, I have realized that it is near impossible to describe the most magical, peaceful and rejuvenating vacation of our lives!

I will preface by saying that the resort is not for everyone. There are no TVs, no late-night entertainment, no all-day buffets or over processed food, no lines at the bar. There is just a tiny slice of heaven. A slice that I am eager to protect and preserve, although I know it is only fair of me to SHARE with the world, and ensure that Hamanasi continues to be greeted by many special guests.

I will echo what every review here says: the staff. It is the unbelievably genuine and endearing staff who make this place shine. From the moment you arrive they will know your name, anticipate your every want and desire, and truly take it upon themselves, individually, to ensure they provide you with the best possible experience. They are filled with great pride for the resort and Belize, and it makes you feel honored to just be a part of it.

ROOM:
We stayed in the Honyemoon Suite #10 and it was perfect. You could see and hear the ocean from the hammock on the porch! I am sure the tree houses are amazing as well, but we found being close to the main building, pool, and dive boat suited us best.

ADVENTURES:
We got the Reef and Rainforest package and ended up diving the majority of the time but also went on the Mayan Ruins tour. Our Ruins guide, Pedro, was exceptional--professional, knowledgeable, funny and flexible! He allowed us to veer off course on the way back to visit Marie Sharp's Hot Sauce factory--a must if you are a spice fanatic. Diving was extraordinary! You never touch or think about your gear--it is waiting on the boat each morning, and is taken off each night. The dive staff--especially Martin Carr, C-Dog, and Charles, are all phenomenal. They are very knowledgeable and great at pointing out different sea life. The highlight of our entire trip happened underwater on our last dive the day before we left. At 40 feet we saw 2 dolphins swim up to the group pause for a while and swim on. We also saw nurse sharks, brown-spotted eagle rays, sea turtle, lobsters, eels, trumpet fish, baracuda, spotted drum fish, and more! Even with less than perfect visibility (it had rained a lot prior to our trip) the diving was unbelievable. During your surface interval they take you to a remote island and serve cookies, juice, fresh cut pineapple and watermelon. Who knew being adventurous could be so luxurious!

ECO-FRIENDLY
The best part about Hamanasi is their commitment to the environment and their community. They make every effort to ensure we are treading lightly upon this earth--even while having a GREAT time. Reusable containers were used for toiletries, water bottles were provided for your use during your stay, versus plastic water bottles, food was grown locally and in some cases even on site. They partner with a local Humane Society and other community organizations, and I have already tried to convince my husband that our next pet will come from Belize. Regardless, I will be shipping a box of supplies their way!

And here's the thing...if you go on your honeymoon and come back excited to ship pet supplies to a foreign country, you KNOW that there has been a huge impact. That's what Hamanasi does, it makes a huge impact. Bonus--they also make killer pina coladas (thanks Mark!) and other tropical drinks.

If you are still reading, please stop and go book your trip...

Room Tip: #10 Honeymoon Suite! Hear the ocean waves and see the pool from your hammock on the deck!
1 Thank Tracey S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This gorgeous all-inclusive resort is nearly perfect. The food is excellent. The service is unusually excellent. The 5 Star PADI Dive Shop is above and beyond excellent. The diving was very good and snorkeling was as good as the diving! We did not stay in the treehouses, but the Oceanfront rooms are closer to the water and much more convenient, we thought. The only slight downside to the location is the need for bug repellent spray or oils. There was also spotty Wi-Fi service, and only in a specific location near the main office and bar area (not in the rooms). It was hardly a problem, as we were running off to another dive trip or dinner before thinking too much about it. The trip was wonderful and I could not recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 1 on the upstairs corner of the Oceanfront building.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Randy R
Pass Christian, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a lovely time at Hamanasi - the staff was wonderful, the food great, accomadations very comfortable. I know it takes a lot of work to keep everything going but the staff make everything look easy. Even with all the activities it is a wonderful place to relax. And the staff is very helpful and attentive. We really appreciated the efforts they went to to connect us with the local school so we could meet the Principal and make a contribution. Overall a wonderful experience - we hope to be back soon.

Southington, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We couldn't have chosen a better place to spend our honeymoon last year. Although the rainy season came a couple weeks early (mid-May 2012) and we didn't get as much beach time as expected, it was an amazing experience and we had so much to do that we didn't miss the beach much at all. We stayed in one of the treehouses, which was unique, beautiful, and private. It was a few yards from the resort itself, where the meals were served each day. Which brings me to the food... unbelievable! We are still talking about it a year later. The breakfast buffet is lovely, and lunch and dinner had very 'accessible' choices but with a wonderful island flair (and dinner always included dessert, a big plus for me!:) The entire staff was attentive, knew us by name on day 1, and helped make our stay even more fabulous, from the front desk to the bartenders to the waitstaff. The drinks were also delicious and fairly priced (especially when converting from American dollars, and even more so at the happy hour where selected beers and drinks were discounted). The adventures were amazing...we did snorkeling (incredible), the cave adventure, and kayak river tour, and also took the complimentary kayaks out on our own one day. I can't say enough good things about Hamanasi and the people who work there. We will absolutely be returning (next time a little earlier so we can enjoy a little more sunshine!!!)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kara H
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Hamanisi. We stayed for 1 week and felt like we didn't have enough time to do all the adventures we wanted to do in addition to our R&R days. There were so many options that it was hard to choose from. The premisis and accomodations (we stayed in the delux treehouse) were amazing and very well maintained. The hotel mastered it down to the fine details from the staff learning our names and always saying hello to us to having personalized notes in our room welcoming us on our honeymoon.

The food was fantastic. The menu is on a 9 day rotation. Even the bread is changed daily. We initially thought we would go into town to have a few meals but we never felt like we needed to. In fact, other resort guests came to Hamanasi for meals. We would also recommend doing the private dinner on the beach. It was truly a special event.

I received my diving certification at Hamanasi by doing the closed water dives and open water dives. My instructor was C-Dog who was very professional. He thoroughly explained instructions and expectations clearly prior to attempting or practicing any skill. He even entertained my wishes to look for certain wildlife while doing our open water dives after the skills tests were completed. I highly recommend getting certified in Belize as the reefs are amazing and with C-Dog in particular.

Room Tip: We had room 25 which is completely private with a wrap around porch and outdoor jaccuzi. No other gu...
2 Thank TravelBug683
Napa, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We arrived just after the HEAVY rainfall, as the waters were receding. You wouldn't have know anything had been challenging in the previous days-everyone was relaxed and happy. The staff at Hamanasi are exactly as everyone reports-exceptionally good at making you feel comfortable.
My husband doesn't dive, so we started with snorkeling-even with less than optimal visibility due to rains, it was exciting and educational.
I decided to try a scuba dive later in the trip; it had been 25 years since my last northern california challenging dive. The dive crew planned out a safe review of skills for me, then a one to one dive to make sure I was comfortable. I found the entire dive team to be skilled,calm,very, very safe and insightful. They do not cut corners on safety.
Inland tours not to miss: Mayflower hike and Cave and Jungle Hike. Very rigorous and worth every bit of energy.
We visited a deluxe tree house-amazing place, but we had booked ocean-view room and loved it. Our room had ipod dock clock-we have new phones that didn't fit; bring your ipod for some quiet music in your room.
Re: bugs-bring high and low concentration deet products. High for the jungle trips and low for your new cologne....
Breakfast buffet was more than fulfilling, lunch and dinner plenty of menu options.
Enjoy!!

3 Thank alaskanext
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Perfect resort for a Belize getaway! Staff is about as friendly as they come (especially the four legged ones- meet Orchid if you can- she's the secret one!) , and couldn't have been more helpful. Grounds are well kept, and tours both diving and inland were fantastic with knowledgeable guides. The food was fantastic as well- this place is definitely worth the money, I can't think of one thing I'd change here. We'll return for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in both the beachfront room, and the treehouse. Both were great -the treehouse is supposed...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!