“Perfect Honeymoon”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We chose Hamanasi because of the great reviews online, the beautiful pictures on the website, and the various activities that the resort offered. It did not disappoint. From the moment we arrived the staff were beyond accommodating. Everyone seemed to know our names, what adventures we had taken part in, and even our food and beverage preferences. It was perfect. We couldn't have hoped for a better honeymoon and we'll definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shana C
There are newer reviews for Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The short version is: an extremely wonderful resort, with caring, competent staff, unusually convivial fellow travelers - low key, unpretentious and quite luxurious. Many, many details for the comfort of guests. Impressively run, outstanding dining.

I would recommend going with the package - the food was really good, every meal, and healthy - and definitely included authentic Belizian dishes. The chef prepared the lion fish our daughter caught - presented 3 ways (fried, grilled and blackened) and there was plenty to share! (It was delicious, by the way.)
Cannot say enough about the caring staff. And their warmth never for one moment felt contrived.
If you can splurge on a tree house suite, they are special. (The regular rooms are quite nice though!)
Appreciated a week with zero TV. The WiFi worked fine in the common areas of the main building and people tended to talk and get to know one another. I don't know if our week was typical, but I imagine it was. A lot of interesting, well-traveled folks, and again, unpretentious.
Loved all of the activities. My 20 year old daughter completed her Advanced Open Water Certification (awesome dive staff!) and did 11 dives in 5 days. She was extremely happy! My husband dove and I snorkeled. I highly recommend taking advantage of the adventures Hamanasi offers. Also, if you can possible work out a trip to the Belize Zoo on your way back to the airport, it will be well worth it. It's more like a sanctuary and we had a memorable experience there.
We loved this trip. Belize was special, the resort was fabulous. Thank you Hamanasi for doing what you do SO WELL!

Room Tip: We were in Room 11 the first night and it was quite comfortable for 3 of us, and really pretty. We...
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My kids and I stayed at wonderful Hamanasi for 6 days over the New Year. I have two teenagers and they really liked our tree house (#24) with comfy beds, huge bathroom and a big balcony to watch the birds and stars at night.

I can't say enough good things about the staff and food. We felt comfortable and welcomed as everyone knew our name and what we were doing.

My kids were PADI certified while there by Dive Master, C-Dog, and I highly recommend him!

We'll remember this trip for a long time!

Room Tip: The tree houses are quiet and away from the main lodge. We felt like we had our own space.
2  Thank Kendra C
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hamanasi
When my wife and I were too busy because of our hectic schedules to book a honeymoon my mother law volunteered to find a place based on these words: "beach, mountains, not touristy, cultural, and relaxing"

I can now say I have the best in laws.

My wife and I knew nothing about the place when we arrived. No reviews, no ideas, no expectations.

Hamanasi is a place you go to get away from the "American Life." It is a place for relaxation, adventure and culture.

If you are looking for a run of the mill, commercialized, over populated, cold, inconsistent, or noisy place to go on vacation- do not choose Hamanasi.

But if you want an experience that will give you a different out look on travel, make you respect a new culture, expose you to community both in and out of the resort, take you to places you cannot dream up, and provide hospital service that makes you want to write back to the staff a thousand thank you'd- go with Hamanasi.

Seriously- get ready for an adventure :) we would recommend it!

- Riley and Bethany Brenes

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Rileybrenes
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our 40th anniversary here. We wanted to go somewhere we hadn't been. A coworker recommended the Hamanasi. It was everything she said it would be. She told me "they will take care of you". We arrived late in the evening due to flight delays but they greeted us and fed us a wonderful meal anyway. They are very accommodating to your needs and really cater to you. We loved our deluxe treehouse. The food was delicious and always a nice selection. The tour guides are very knowledgeable. The facilities and grounds were very clean and beautiful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hamanasi was a great place to stay in Belize. The grounds were beautifully kept. The food was great. The rooms were immaculate. The staff, especially Golden, Pauline, and Kenneth, and snorkel guide Roy were fantastic. They were warm, funny, and very service oriented. The tours were top notch and we were impressed with how well they accommodated our 7- and 11-year olds both for snorkeling and the cave tour. I have to distinguish the resort from the locale however. Hamanasi is in southern Belize. In general Belize is a developing country with wonderful people but poor roads and glitchy infrastructure. We went in January and though this was supposed to be the dry season, it was rainy, cool, and buggy. Rain charts show southern Belize gets more rain in general than in the north and the dry season there to really be February, March, and April. Locals attested to the fact that the south has about 3 ‘dry’ months. We were fortunate that the one day it was calm and sunny was our snorkeling day. Several other guests had their marine tours canceled the week we where there. While an escape from the polar vortex, this fell just short of the tropical vacation we envisioned.

Room Tip: They accomodated our 2 children with an extra bed in a standard Treehouse room. Thanks Hamanasi!
3  Thank ges5542
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We just returned from 1 week at Hamanasi. Everything was perfect. The staff is super friendly, accommodations were great, and diving access/equipment/experience absolutely superb.
We loved everything. The food is delicious too.

Room Tip: There isn't a fitness center - but there is a beautiful ocean and stretch of beach that is perfe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!