“Picture Perfect”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Picture Perfect”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Each morning was like waking up to a movie set depicting a "Hollywood" idea of a tropical paradise - but it was real!!!

The staff and the accomodations at Hamanasi were just excellent all around. My wife and I stayed for a week as part of her parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Everyone on the Adventure staff was attentive and thoughtful, so that our first trip to Belize was both great fun and full of wonderful memories.

Room Tip: Stay close to the beach!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Hamanasi for our honeymoon and loved every bit of our stay! It was the perfect mix of a tropical paradise and tucked away jungle oasis. The food was wonderful, the staff was friendly and helpful, and we loved having a little treehouse to ourselves. We did the Mayflower Hike and an afternoon snorkel trip as excursions, as both were wonderful and had fun guides. The hike was definitely a workout, but the views along the way were really pretty. Not too many places to eat in Hopkins, so most/all of your meals will be Hamanasi probably. We loved our time at the Hamanasi and hope to visit again one day!

Emily & Brendan:)
Emily March Photography

PS If you're planning your trip for June, don't be fooled by it being the "rainy season." We were in Belize the first two weeks of June and it only rained in the middle of the night occasionally and never interfered with our time in the sun :)

Room Tip: Get one of the tree houses! You won't regret it when your napping in a hammock on your front por...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily P
NJ
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at Hananasi in July 2013 (sorry for the late review). I stayed in a tree house with my sister and it was great! You really felt like you were with nature, but not left "out in the woods." The staff was welcoming and warm (for the most part). The food was also really something to look forward to. We took a bike ride into the village and although it was extremely hot, we had great time. The beach is not a blue water beach, but I went in it and it served its purpose to cool me off. I even had something brush up against my leg (I think we narrowed it down to a sting ray) so that was pretty exciting and scary at the same time. This resort is great b/c they are really into conservation and preserving their beautiful Belize!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
NJ
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Terrific place! Went with a large family group and the staff bent over backwards to make sure everything was taken care of. Beautiful place, relaxing, clean, comfortable and the food was wonderful and fresh. All age groups had a wonderful time- perfect for those who wanted adventurous activities and for people who just want to relax. I have never met a nicer staff; from manager to housekeeping, everyone was kind and friendly. No problem with bugs (although we did liberally apply bug spray). Only comment I have in the semi negative category is that it really isn't the perfect place for kids under 12. We had some kids 9-11 and we were given dirty looks when the kids made a lot of noise playing in the pool. With that said though, the younger kids had a fabulous time!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Hamanasi and I can definitely say it will not be our last. What appealed to us during trip #1 was even more appealing during trip #2 - attention to detail, great excursions, wonderful staff, delicious food and the list goes on. We had a beachfront room which is great - wonderful view and close to the lobby for a quick drink! We can't thank the staff enough for their warm welcome and wonderful hospitality. This is truly paradise and I am already planning trip #3!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Flo1201
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We just got back from a 6-night, 4-adventure stay at Hamanasi. We dove four days, and also did a run on the ziplines. I've tried to think of suggestions for them to improve, and I can't. The ocean-view lodgings are spacious, immaculately kept, and perfectly situated; the food is excellent; the dive staff is knowledgeable and conscientious; and the service in general was perfect.

We had a beachfront room on the second floor, which gave us a private deck to sit on and listen to the surf. The room itself was huge, with cathedral ceiling, and the entire wall facing the ocean was window. It lacked nothing to keep us comfortable for the times we were there (sleeping mostly), including air conditioning.

The dining is another high point. There is a continental breakfast starting at 6:30 am, with fresh fruit and hot food that changes every day - scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, and biscuits all appeared. Lunch and dinner are chosen from a menu, with some daily specials rotated in, and some fixed options. Portions are often huge - my girlfriend liked the club sandwich but needed my help to finish it. Between the specials and the fixed menu, I didn't eat anything twice at either lunch or dinner - if I didn't like the special, there was always something intriguing on the fixed menu. Fish dishes were everything you could hope for - fresh and well prepared. Nothing was heavy or greasy, including fried fish, with great combinations of flavors. Desserts, too, were a treat, including some local flavors (a bread-pudding-like confection made with a local fruit, cheesecake with passionfruit sauce). On our last night, which happened to be Valentine's Day, we splurged for a beachfront meal, with the table set on the sand in front of the ocean. Enchanting.

Set against that, the dives were the high point, but only because they hit a pretty high bar. The first day, at the (closer and protected) Southern Reef, was a little disappointing, because we didn't see a lot of large sea life - a reef shark swam past us but at some distance. A second trip, to Glover's Reef, was more what we wanted (a dozing nurse shark, sea turtles, morays including several free-swimming). But the last day, back at the Southern Reef, was what people dive for - just after entering the water, we came on a nurse shark, who swam up almost nose-to-mask with my girlfriend before exiting the area. We saw a manta ray as well on that dive. Super fun. The dive staff definitely came through for us. They also did a good job wrangling our equipment (we rented everything), which was in good condition, and took a lot of time making sure my girlfriend's new GoPro mask fit well. They also kept an eye on us underwater. The only caution I would make is that for many dives, the boat was pretty full, and in combination with choppy water, that made the boat entrances and exits exciting for my newly certified girlfriend; also the briefings were more abbreviated than I'm used to. She was an ocean water lifeguard, so is comfortable in the water, but a new diver might want to see if they can get a dedicated guide.

I also have to say a word about the zipline operation, which is actually an add-on option with a different group. When I read the release that we had to sign, I started to reconsider going. I'm glad I did go. It's safe - the equipment is well designed, with triply redundant support lines, and I watched the operators tension the ziplines if a rider was coming down at too high a speed, to slow them down. I think it would be safe for any level of visitor, and it's really exhilarating. The guides we had, Roberto and Jose, really added to the experience. They gave us a running narrative of the forest we were hiking and zipping through, clearly explained what we needed to do at each of the 8 ziplines, and when they chatted with us on the platforms waiting our turn they were genuinely interested in what we'd done on our visit to their country.

I have to close by recognizing the high level of service we received from every member of the staff at Hamanasi. Everyone knew our name, and every request was answered with cheer and grace. Belize is a beautiful, friendly country, and there is no better base from which to see it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rcktman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to write in this review, Hamanasi have some things really spot on, and some things need tweaking. We signed up to the 5 adventure package stayed in a beach side room, which I must say was absolutely lovely. The smallest details were the highlight everyone remembered your name and usually the server was the same, so knew which drink you liked. The adventures were superb - well run, informative and amazing.... The food good to really good, but a la carte it was not . I think the value for money was not right we paid over $3000 dollars for one week including the flights to and from Belize City all food and adventures, but drinks were extra and I think that, if a resort is going to charge Sandals prices then they at least should include the drinks and the hire of equipment.

We were charged extra for some of our adventures and it was not clear what was included in the package and what was not.

On the whole though a really amazing place, very up and coming......

Room Tip: I did nt think the tree houses were anything special - ours was just as big and much cheaper
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank reydan92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!