“A Wonderful Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 March 2014

What a perfect place to unwind and enjoy the natural world-land and/or marine. We stuck mainly to the land exploration this visit and had a great time exploring Mayan ruins, the Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve, and the Monkey River excursion. Just could not get enough of the rain forest. Our next visit we plan to do more snorkeling and add more bird watching and river kayaking to the mix. The outstanding staff is the friendliest we have ever encountered; they are genuine and very kind. My special friend Chris, the head groundskeeper, really touched my heart with his sincerity and special gift. I am very eager to see him again our next visit and will bring him a special gift from our area. Our guide for all our adventures, EMS, was truly special-a very knowledgeable, caring, and fun guide. If you enjoy seafood, you can indulge to your heart's content. Fresh baked bread comes with every meal and the key lime pie is a killer. We found the meals to be delicious, healthy, and the varied menu offered something for everyone. The wait staff of Kim, Birilla, Edgar, Melania provided outstanding service and were so charming. Ambrosio was a stalwart behind the bar; he and Kenneth (Poolside) kept the good times rolling-great guys. The front desk team of Darwin, Kimberly, Shari and Nandina ensured our reservations, etc. were in perfect order. Gary Ball, the Adventure Centre manager, is a true gem. He is passionate about ongoing training for the staff and it definitely shows. He provided excellent advice regarding our adventure tour choices. Karina Martinez, Guest Services Manager, very thoughtfully engaged us on two occasions to see how we were getting on. I had occasion to meet the Head of Security, " Boots " Rodriguez; the resort is safe and in good hands on this professional's watch. We stayed in a beautifully appointed, comfortable tree house and found everyday simply enchanting. Waking up to bird songs everyday was delightful and whiling away the late afternoon hours before dinner watching them dart about the forest was absolutely mesmerizing. We have traveled extensively throughout the world and stayed at many resorts in the process. I can say unequivocally that Hamanasi is our best resort experience to date. This is a very special place with very special people. It represents the best of Belize and is a shining example to the world what an eco-friendly and guest focused resort should be. At this point, we plan on returning not just again, but several more times.

Room Tip: Any of the tree houses offer a special experience and are all secluded and quiet. If you enjoy birds...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2trvlers

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife Barb and I shared a wonderful winter escape from frigid Cleveland, Ohio in Mid February to Hopkins Village, Belize. Our stay at Hamanasi was just tremendous! Our room was spotless and comfortable, the grounds were serene and beautiful, every meal was delicious and the excursions really gave you a wonderful overview of this beautiful country. Our daily bike rides into Hopkins were such an adventure and so much fun, locals are friendly and personable! What was really most special about Hamanasi was the staff, everyone was so warm and genuine, they make you feel like family! On our return trip to the airport in Dangriga, our driver Ems, sang the Belizian National Anthem to us as we drove across the countryside, truly memorable, we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have only 3 days left and I am already anticipating missing it! My daughter and I are divers (I more than she), and husband and son are not. Son did nothing (except snorkel the Blue Hole), which suited him fine. Husband did every land trip and loved them all. I am writing this while sitting in a corner of the veranda, gazing at the beautiful pool and ocean (my day off from diving). There is currently a little construction, but the staff was very sensitive and offered to postpone it if it was too bothersome. I was very appreciative, but told them that it didn't really bother me so I can't complain about it. The smallest of any resort I have visited, Hamanasi fosters a friendly culture and we guests are all leaving as friends. The rooms do not have TV or phone, but the hammocks and the views are precisely what I would want. The food is outstanding- none of the bland, insipid choices at larger resorts, and the staff is very accommodating to dietary choices (we have two vegetarians, a vegan, and an omnivore in our group). Beach is beautiful and snorkeling is good right at the beach, I am told. The dive operation is first-class and the dive teams are very sensitive to the needs of both advanced and novice divers. The whole team is committed to the guests comfort and enjoyment. I would return here in a heartbeat. Though a little pricy, I would return in a heartbeat. Wifi is patchy.

Room Tip: Rooms 5 and 6 are beachfront. The dive team trundles past in the morning, but that didn't bother...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank diverdowndoc
Reviewed 12 March 2014

You know how you one day have a vacation adventure and find yourself saying, "Wow! This was the best vacation ever"? Well, I had that experience about a year ago and really debated where to go next, but...I went back to the Hamanasi Resort, even as I realized that it was a gamble - sometimes after you get back from vacation, your stressed and sad mind have a way of building up the memories into something impossible to duplicate. Besides, who wants to do the same stuff twice? Especially in a year?!

But I went back, and it was SOOO worth it! Awesome weather, new adventures, different dives, a different menu (the food there is outstanding!), great accommodations, and a really great staff (I have to include the resort cats here, since Ginger, Gibnut and little Iris II definitely add some ambience and charm). Seriously - awesome dive operations, and they really try to find something new and exciting for the guests; extremely professional and accommodating resort staff, from grounds maintenance to front desk to dining room to housekeeping; a top-notch bartender; and stellar adventure guides. Plus, it's gorgeous! And warm! And they speak English and you don't have to exchange your money!

Seriously, I liked it so much that picked up some materials on ex-patriot settlements adn options, because someday I plan to retire and Belize would be a top choice for so many reasons. Anyone who doesn't have fun here must be suffering from some weird phobias - ailurophobia, aquaphobia, acarophobia, thermophobia and mysophobia come to mind (go ahead - look 'em up); or maybe they need the constant stimulation of noisy smoke-filled discos, bars and casinos. The Hamansi Resort is not that kind of place; it's a place for people who respect nature and enjoy her beauty and bounty. Best of all, there are adventures to enjoy every day and it's impossible to get bored. I didn't sleep in once, and didn't want to.

I have been back for a three months now and still miss it and remember it well. I have told at least a dozen people about Hamanasi since I got back. Would I go again? Absolutely!!

Room Tip: The tree houses are awesome and super quiet, with a jungle feel; but the beach front bungalows have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We didn't stay at the resort, however, my boyfriend and I finished up our PADI certification through the dive shop at Hamanasi. Everyone we came in contact with at the resort was so nice, helpful and very professional. We completed our 4 certification dives then came back another day for a 3-tank dive to Glover's Reef. I've never dived or even snorkeled in open water before so I was quite nervous. C-Dawg was top notch!! I can't imagine a better dive master. He was so professional and kept me calm, with a warm smile on his face the whole time. I knew I was safe and in good hands the whole time I was with him. But it wasn't just him, all the dive masters on the boat were great and so was the crew in the shop fitting us on to boats even though we weren't staying at the resort.
Also, we stuck around for lunch a couple of times and even came back for dinner because the food was so delicious (the snapper was amazing). The next time we come back to Belize we'll definitely dive with Hamanasi again and look into staying at the resort as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I had a great time. We scuba dived, went on adventures and ate great food. The accommodations were quiet and comfortable. The pool was refreshing. King the bartender kept the libations flowing. We plan to go back one day after we visit all of musts.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Everything was excellent. Hamanasi Resort was fabulous… the luxurious yet relaxed atmosphere, delicious food, friendly staff - who knew me, and all the guests by name. I am very impressed by the service and I cannot say enough good things. The scuba diving staff was professional and fun, taking equal care of both novice and experienced divers. Truly one of the best vacations I've experienced. I highly recommend this resort. Truly paradise on earth.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SGiff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!