“A perfect place for adventure and relaxing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“A perfect place for adventure and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We don't get many vacations with our work schedule (even fewer now with a 2-year old!) so we research our trips diligently ahead of time...and Hamanasi lived up to our high expectations, and then some. As the name suggests, this is really a place for people who enjoy being active. The resort is well positioned to enjoy both water and jungle/inland activities. We found the excursions to be top-notch.

A few details of the ones we went on:
River Kayaking - an easy and great way to see a lazy jungle river, as it winds its way towards the sea. It is not physically challenging, just a laid back way to spend a few hours and see the beautiful tree-lined river, as well as lots of birds, iguanas and other wildlife.
Snorkeling - we loved this...the best snorkeling you could ask for. We saw a spotted eagle ray, nurse sharks, barracuda, sting ray and thousands of reef fish...all punctuated by a fun stop-over on a beautiful island.
Jaguar Reserve hike - this was really more of a birding tour - that is really the main thing to see here in the daytime, it seems. The hiking is mostly flat, with some elevation change as you near an amazing waterfall. Taking a dip in this secluded pool and swimming behind a pristine waterfall was the highlight of our trip.

Besides excursions, this is a great place to relax. If you have a day with no activity planned, you really have the resort to yourself. It was amazing - like having your own private pool and beach during the day since there is almost no one else around. The service, as noted in other reviews, is excellent. The food is good but I would not say you come here for the food. There is some construction going on as they expand the main house, but we didn't seem to notice it since it was discreet, and most people are on excursions during the hours there would be work.

One of my favorite memories was strolling down the beach and settling in to one of the several hammocks stretched between two palm trees - with nothing to hear besides the waves and the breeze. If you go to Hamanasi, do this and you won't regret it.

We stayed in a beachside unit and didn't wish to be anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
Vienna, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I just came back from seven nights at Hamanasi. The choice to stay there was easy after reading all of the five star reviews. If you want diving, snokeling, hiking, Mayan history, birdwatching, howler monkeys, manatees, kayaking, then go to Hamanasi.

So why do most people review Hamanasi five stars? I believe it is because they solve problems. Not every reservation at the Adventure Center was perfectly executed, but I was never penalized for it. The answer each and every time was: "No problem." This doesn't mean that you can do as you please without giving notice but understand that they will do whatever they can to make your trip above and beyond expectations.

A little example, I showed up with my family to snorkel. The problem we soon discovered was that we did not have our equipment and had not signed the forms. The response from the Adventure Center team: "No problem." In seven minutes we had our forms completed and three of my family members with the required equipment.

Another example, I was not on the dive register one of the mornings. That means they did not plan on me diving that morning. The response: "No problem." My gear was on the boat in five minutes and we were off.

The number of staff at meals was impressive. I often counted six to seven servers and other staff out at 20 tables on the porch. You never felt ignored and your needs were handled with: "No problem."

So not everything went off with a hitch and this isn't crazy given that people make mistakes. It is how they handled them that makes this resort worthy of all the five star reviews.

Recognition to Garif (Big Daddy), Martin, Roy, Darren, Evan (master snorkel teacher of six-year olds), Hartfield, Golden (man of patience with small children), Kenneth, Armondo, and Darwin. You are just a handful of the folks making this all happen.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room facing the beach. The treehouses were interesting but I prefer to wake up each...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel B
California City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed in a Deluxe Tree House and it was awesome. A wonderful and unique experience. The resort is fantastic, great personal service without being stuffy or fake. Every meal, every adventure trip we took was top notch. The entire staff goes out of their way to make sure you are satisfied. Every adventure you go on is fully guided by someone how is from the immediate area. They did not learn it from a book, they have lived it their whole lives and are sharing it with you. Small groups on adventures, we went on 5 adventures and the biggest group we had was 6 guests and our guide. 2 thumbs up. We will be back for more.

Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here with a friend in May of 2012 and it was wonderful. There were tons of activities for exploring Belize so we chose a new one every day. If you didn't want to go explore or dive, sitting in one of the many hammocks reading or napping by the pool with drinks was also wonderful. It was a bit expensive, but I thought the food and activities were very good. Food was very fresh, some of it caught by the dive leaders. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: The bungalows are gorgeous, I would highly recommend them.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hamanasi offers excellent diving, interesting land excursions (especially the Mayan cities), very nice rooms and dining and is right on a lovely beach. The staff was invariably friending and helpful whether it was food service or diving. The reason to feel good is Hamanasi is very eco-conscious. All the food is locally and organically grown or raised and recycling is the rule. I felt the price was appropriate for the outstanding staff and facilities.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This resort deserves its five-star rating. The accommodations (tree house) were clean and comfortable. Our room was straightened several times each day. The tours were most enjoyable. The diving suffered somewhat from choppy seas, but that was not Hamanasi’s fault. In fact, the boat staff managed to minimize the agony of getting back on the boat. My personal guide was very attentive.
The food was tasty and imaginative.
Our only complaint relates to costs. It seems to me that the costs of adventures not included in the base package should be reduced by the costs of the adventures included in the package. Moreover, a correction should be made to the bill if all of the base package adventures (5 of them) are not taken. I mentioned this at the checkout and a small reduction was made to our bill.

Room Tip: Two choices. Room with ocean view versus room with jungle view. You choose.
Dangriga, Belize
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Overpriced rooms, mediocre food. It is only for high rollers coming to do adventure tours. While it gets rave reviews because it is so Western and makes you feel like you are not in a Third World country. I must also say it truly does have a lot to offer which is why I have to give it a Very Good rating but I have found other places half the price that have better rooms, with a TV and phone WITH the same kind of tours available. That one was in Placencia, 40 minutes away and rated 5 Stars! Don't get me wrong it really is a nice property with all the bells and whistles but I found it WAY overpriced for what you actually got! You still paid additional premium dollars to do the Jungle tours or go out to Dive. I am not uber rich and will stick to my favorite resort, Robert's Grove getting more for less $$$!!!

Room Tip: Any room on a second floor facing the beach which they all do to give you a good breeze. I do extens...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChapWehrle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!