“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Suffolk, UK
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in Hamanasi from the 14th May-23rd May 14 and the whole experience, team, surroundings, food, excursions, room & everything can not be faulted in any way. I read reviews before we went and everyone was good, this is most unusual for EVERYONE to love a place, but as soon as you arrive you can see why. The Hamanasi resort has charm, and everyone working there seems proud, the staff can not do enough for you and cater to your every need. My husband dived and was lucky enough to see the whale sharks (the main reason for the trip) and dived the blue hole and Glovers along with the southern barrier reef, he loved it all. All the crew were brilliant including my snorkelling guides. Gary and team have everything to a tea! If you are thinking of going, GO....You will not regret it. Every day is filled with new and exciting adventures, with knowledgeable guides to make the experience perfect. When you get back off your adventures whatever you choose, you come back to the main house and are greeted with smiles and amazing food. Hamanasi is EXCELLENT value for money, please go anf see for yourself. We cant wait to go back. Thank you to the Hamanasi family (team) for making our stay the best holiday ever! ;0)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 beachfront, PERFECT view and steps away from pool, main house & beach.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank UKKaren2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

What more could be written?!?!! This place is stellar! If you're thinking about staying here - BOOK IT!! You will not regret it.

I got my Open Water certification here on my Honeymoon and it's the best wedding present we received. I still dream about the bed in our honeymoon suite. It's like sleeping on puffy clouds and angel wings. Seriously, stay here.

Only note of caution...the little leopard geckos get into your room sometimes and make a little chirp sound.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andi S
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Usually when booking a dive vacation, we look to a place that is all about the ocean. Hamanasi is great because they not only have a world class dive operation but also great land based adventures. My wife and I met several couples who went different directions during the day for diving or land tours then we would all get together at night on the restaurants veranda and exchange stories, laughs and make new friends.

The dive operations were outstanding. With their valet dive service, the hardest thing I had to do was to put on my wetsuit. They made sure everything was in good working order and on the boat prior to heading out. Their boats are very good quality and large enough to hold many divers but while we were there, they made sure to keep the groups small enough not to feel crowded. We went from the resort out 3 hours to the beautiful "Blue Hole" which was outstanding. Then on our way back was treated to a pod of pilot whales and one of my top 3 dives ever with 3 sharks, an eagle ray, a sting ray, turtle 100+ feet vis and great friends that I had just met. Another great diving adventure was hunting Lionfish with my new friend Bob from Port Aransas TX. We worked diligently to clean the reef of about 20 of those invasive creatures which later became some of the best Cerviche for everyone at the resort, as well as both a fried and grilled delicacy for our dinner group which grew to about 10 each night.

While the diving was great, I also went on a Mayan Ruin adventure which should not be missed. We had a small group of 5 in a nice air conditioned newer model van which took us to two different Ruin sites. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and a great story teller. He added a few personal touches showing us where he knew of a couple of Tarantulas and his family lineage back to the people ot the area. On another adventure, we went river kayaking where we saw howler monkies and other local animals. I would recommend both of these tours but make sure you dress as they tell you to and were some bug spray. Actually, I was quite surprised that there were not more mosquitos. I had a tip to use the mosquito wrist bands on my ankles which may have helped but overall I did not think it was bad at all.

Hamanasi is definately a return to destination.

Room Tip: Our new friends all liked the "Tree House" rooms but ours was just down from the Restauran...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SeeMT
West, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I went for our 10th Anniversary last week and were not disappointed. At first we were a little concerned as we are not divers, but the snorkeling was fantastic. The other excursion we did was to go cave tubing, which was wonderful as well. The staff was very attentive, but not to the point of being invasive. Especially Shari at the front desk, Kim in the restaurant, and Mark at the bar. Every single meal we had on site was great. Also, the no tv thing was very relaxing. This is not really a "party every night" type resort, but it was perfect for us...very relaxing with every need taken care of, and beautiful scenery.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mikeag96
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

For my 50th birthday, my boyfriend told me to "pick any place you wanna go" as your gift. I've always wanted to go to Belize and after some on-line researching, I chose Hamanasi Resort. It was beautiful and everything we expected and more. The moment we arrive we were immediately escorted to the outdoor dining area and had lunch. The food was excellent as was the service. The staff makes sure they know your name and are always friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed every meal outside in the beautiful weather, which was in the high 80's and breezy. We stayed two nights in the beach house, which was beautiful, then four nights in a tree house. I do recommend the tree house because when do you ever get to say you've stayed in a tree house?. There are no TVs in the rooms, but who cares, and no internet service unless you're in the main house or nearby...We enjoyed a few activities like zip lining, snorkeling, and one day we rented a dune buggy and drove around Hopkins. We found a local restaurant/bar in Hopkins called Driftwoods. We had some drinks and pizza on the beach and went swimming. We didn't want every day to be filled with activities because we also wanted to relax. We had a couple days when we just relaxed by the infinity pool, napped in beach hammocks, and ate/drank. It was heaven. We really loved it and would highly recommend this resort. We went April 20, 2014 for one week.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy C
Ambergris Caye, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hamanasi Resort is one of those resorts you can go to and have an "unplugged experience". No TV, and very limited internet reception. So if you are looking for a peaceful resort to relax, this is one I could recommend. It is located in the southern part of Belize in the Hopkins Village. It is quite, clean, comfortable, and with a 5-Star service. I photograph destination weddings there so my visits are business oriented although I do try to enjoy some of the great atmosphere this resorts offer.

Another awesome reason to love Hamanasi is the food. They serve some of the best food I've tried in Belize. It is very authentic to the Garifuna & Maya culture. Also, their menu changes daily therefore you will never repeat a meal on you stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JoseLuisZapata
Edgartown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I spent a week here with a good friend who enjoys the sea and snorkeling. This property lives up to all of the great reviews which are what made us decide to try it out. Taking the advice of others reviewers, we booked a tree house. This is a perfect choice and a fantastic way to spend your down time. It was fully equipped and lovely. The housekeeping staff kept our things in order and it was always nice to come into our tree house at the end of the day.

The dive staff is absolutely five star. They are skilled, polite, knowledgeable, and very tuned into safety. Snorkeling in these waters with these guides is like having a well thought out private lesson in the creatures and corals that were carefully identified by the guide using a long pointer. It was amazing. A brief mid-morning break comes with homemade cookies, fruit, and punch. Once you go diving here, you will understand what a good staff is all about.

We decided to take two nights out of the dinner plan just to explore the local food offerings. After one experience at what was described as the best in the area, we canceled our second off site dinner and stayed home. The food and the service was, as everything else, top drawer.

The staff knows your name and your room number almost immediately. They are pleasant, cheerful, fun to be with. I cannot say enough about the hospitality.

Believe what you read here. Other reviews confirm my experience. I cannot wait to go back this fall. HAMANASI is the vacation one dreams of; you get it here.

Room Tip: The tree houses are where you really want to be.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marilyn S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!