“AMAZING HONEYMOON DESTINATION”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Harlingen, Texas
“AMAZING HONEYMOON DESTINATION”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was by far the BEST place I have traveled to yet, and I doubt many other places would top this. We stayed a week, and before the week was even over, ever member of the staff personally addressed us by name. I cannot rave enough about the personal treatment we received. Oh, and the food was AMAZING. I would go again in a heartbeat. So perfect and not overcrowded at all. Perfect place for our honeymoon. Thanks Hamanasi!

Room Tip: We stayed in the tree house honeymoon suite, however I am sure all of the rooms are equally as great...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hamanasi is truly a 5 Star Resort with all the first class customer service we do not receive in the US. My friend and I really enjoyed our stay. The only thing that was disappointing was the fact that I booked purposely to dive with the whale sharks and was told that was part of their itinerary and they only had 1 boat to go out , and that was the day after I had arrived and everyone who went did not see, let alone dive with them. I really think that they should not advertise that dive without clarifying that the weather will be poor, seas and swells rough, and sightings of whale sharks are less likely to actually happen.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irene B
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hamanasi was a no-brainer for us; excellent accommodations & service, great diving, Mayan ruins, and more! We love to scuba dive (did 5 dives w/ Hamanasi), but also like land tours for a change. Hamanasi has wonderful customer service; if they didn't offer something the concierge would call around and find it for you. We did spelunking (cave hiking), visited Mayan ruins, horseback riding, bike riding, Tarpon fishing. It was all perfectly organized, safe and a great time.

The dining is excellent as well, dinner especially. The atmosphere of dining on the porch at night with the cool ocean breeze is something I truly miss. Breakfast was continental with a few warm items; it worked for us as we were usually running to catch a tour or dive boat. I would get the nachos and Belkin beer from the bar for lunch.

We stayed in one of the regular Treehouses; the interior is all beautiful polished teak and the room was spotless. They are totally secluded and nestled in the jungle foliage; it was amazing privacy. We'd turn the A/C to the coldest setting when leaving in the morning and get back in the heat & humidity of the afternoon to the most relaxing room. By far, the BEST sleep I have ever gotten. Try the in-room massage! No TVs, so bring something to watch movies if you want.

Hamanasi is about 2.5 hours south of Belize City by car or you can take a small plane and get there in 45 minutes. We loved our stay with Hamanasi in every aspect- not one negative thing to mention.

Room Tip: All rooms are minutes from the beach and main building- I'd go for seclusion in a treehouse.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JT_Turner3
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just got home from our honeymoon at Hamanasi and I could not have asked for a better vacation! Everything was amazing. The views, the food, the adventures, the helpful staff...I could go on and on.

We stayed in one of the treehouses, which are gorgeous! Pictures do not do this place justice. We both felt very relaxed there and they kept everything clean.

For our adventures we choose river kayaking, cave and jungle hiking, and snorkeling. All of the tour guides were very friendly and open to any questions. All of the adventures sounded so fun, we had a hard time choosing which to do. But we loved the ones we did and will have to go back again to do more!

Needless to say my husband and I were very happy with Hamanasi and will definitely be going back in the future!

• Stayed June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I loved our time at Hamanasi. We chose to stay in a treehouse and opted for the Honeymoon addition. The room was gorgeous with champagne on ice and tropical fruit ready. All the food was incredible! We definitely enjoyed our breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Innie's is a nearby spot in the village that had great food and service too. The local hot sauce is powerful, but a total highlight. We bought two bottles upon our departure! All of the adventures are fantastic and well guided. I recommend asking about the ATM tour. The staff is phenomenal, knowledgable and kind. They were there at all times and knew us by name. We wanted coconuts one morning so we went to the front desk, we were told it wouldn't be long and were asked to wait by the pool. We watched them collect the coconuts from the trees out front and then walk them over to us. It was a wonderful way to start our honeymoon. If you are looking for a relaxing get away or an adventurous trip; Hamanasi is what you want. The bartender Marc was really fun and made happy hour a staple in our days there. Evan, Golden and Alfredo were excellent guides. We will absolutely be back! We 100% recommend Hamanasi to everyone! Thank you for making our honeymoon so blissful!

Room Tip: Choose a treehouse, they are like elevated studios. Perfect for a quiet sleep and helps you really f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We just returned from a week at Hamanasi - all scuba diving. The resort staff and dive staff are all top class. Dive guides worked with inexperienced and experienced divers with professionalism and safely. Friends we met did Discover Scuba program and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to try diving. We unplugged, rested, and ate like kings and enjoyed the "Happy two hours!" Was very impressed that most resort guests took advantage of the adventures inland that were offered and everyone seemed to enjoy those thoroughly. Don't miss the opportunity to take the complimentary bicycles to Hopkins Village - and be sure and dive the spectacular reefs - in Southern Belize.

Room Tip: Treehouses are nice - but the beachfront rooms benefit from the beach breeze!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A couple of issues occurred during our vacation that we feel needs to be passed onto to future customers who dive. If you are going to this resort just to dive, then you might want to plan ahead for non-diving excursions or a day of rest. They only have 1 boat a day going out every morning and everything depends on the weather and how choppy the water is. During our stay the weather caused 2-3 feet swells that apparently affected their ability to launch the boats that resulted in delays, the inability to go to the outer atolls like the Blue Hole and Glover's Reef and cancelling diving altogether (This is all for safety, I know, I know). However by the time they cancel the trip, most of the inland adventures have already gone out and you are limited to excursions like zip lining (very underwhelming) or something they can muster up (very limited). To go from diving to a zip line is not an acceptable alternative, in our opinion. They should have better contingency plans in place for those situations should they occur and forewarn their customers in advance of this possibility (I am sure it is in the small print somewhere on their website). Coming from NY, we had to take 3 planes, a 40 minute van ride and spent alot of money with the expectation that some time during the 7 days we would see the Blue Hole and some of the outer atolls (never happened). I threw a fit of course...

So you would think I would give this resort a bad rating based on the aforementioned, right?

I could not and will not give this resort anything else but a 5 star rating based on that occurence. It would not be fair.

Hamanasi is exactly how others describe it...the food was delicious...service awesome...facilities beautiful...the rooms outstanding (they are better in person than what some of the pictures suggest)...the diving great (barrier reef)...and the employees bend over backwards and went beyond to make sure you are taken care of.

Suggestions for those like us who only want to dive. 1. Go when the weather allows for calmer water. 2. Just plan on some non-diving days (the resort is beautiful). 3. Stay on one of the islands located on the barrier reef if you are cannot do #1 or #2.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!