“Best Vacation of my Life!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Stateline, Nevada
“Best Vacation of my Life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and I had the joy of staying at this amazing resort in Belize! It was our first trip to Belize and this resort guaranteed that we will be returning. Everything from the friendly and personable staff to the food, rooms and adventures was perfect! The rooms were immaculate and inviting. The staff knew our names before we got in their van from the Dangriga airport. Our snorkling guides taught us every fish we saw and ensured we were having fun the whole time. Did I mention how fantastic the food was? We were treated like part of the Hamanasi family and that meant the world to us! I tried to not cry when we left but they make you feel so welcome that I couldn't help myself. Ginger the cat helps to make you feel at home too. We will be returning to the Hamanasi!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Perfect honeymoon destination! I won't waste time reiterating what the other reviewers have said; Hamanasi is truly wonderful! I can't imagine a more perfect resort for honeymooners, families, or anniversary travelers.

Room Tip: We stayed in a beach house (not the deluxe). It was beautiful and more than enough for us. We woul...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was by far the BEST place I have traveled to yet, and I doubt many other places would top this. We stayed a week, and before the week was even over, ever member of the staff personally addressed us by name. I cannot rave enough about the personal treatment we received. Oh, and the food was AMAZING. I would go again in a heartbeat. So perfect and not overcrowded at all. Perfect place for our honeymoon. Thanks Hamanasi!

Room Tip: We stayed in the tree house honeymoon suite, however I am sure all of the rooms are equally as great...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hamanasi is truly a 5 Star Resort with all the first class customer service we do not receive in the US. My friend and I really enjoyed our stay. The only thing that was disappointing was the fact that I booked purposely to dive with the whale sharks and was told that was part of their itinerary and they only had 1 boat to go out , and that was the day after I had arrived and everyone who went did not see, let alone dive with them. I really think that they should not advertise that dive without clarifying that the weather will be poor, seas and swells rough, and sightings of whale sharks are less likely to actually happen.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Irene B
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hamanasi was a no-brainer for us; excellent accommodations & service, great diving, Mayan ruins, and more! We love to scuba dive (did 5 dives w/ Hamanasi), but also like land tours for a change. Hamanasi has wonderful customer service; if they didn't offer something the concierge would call around and find it for you. We did spelunking (cave hiking), visited Mayan ruins, horseback riding, bike riding, Tarpon fishing. It was all perfectly organized, safe and a great time.

The dining is excellent as well, dinner especially. The atmosphere of dining on the porch at night with the cool ocean breeze is something I truly miss. Breakfast was continental with a few warm items; it worked for us as we were usually running to catch a tour or dive boat. I would get the nachos and Belkin beer from the bar for lunch.

We stayed in one of the regular Treehouses; the interior is all beautiful polished teak and the room was spotless. They are totally secluded and nestled in the jungle foliage; it was amazing privacy. We'd turn the A/C to the coldest setting when leaving in the morning and get back in the heat & humidity of the afternoon to the most relaxing room. By far, the BEST sleep I have ever gotten. Try the in-room massage! No TVs, so bring something to watch movies if you want.

Hamanasi is about 2.5 hours south of Belize City by car or you can take a small plane and get there in 45 minutes. We loved our stay with Hamanasi in every aspect- not one negative thing to mention.

Room Tip: All rooms are minutes from the beach and main building- I'd go for seclusion in a treehouse.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JT_Turner3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just got home from our honeymoon at Hamanasi and I could not have asked for a better vacation! Everything was amazing. The views, the food, the adventures, the helpful staff...I could go on and on.

We stayed in one of the treehouses, which are gorgeous! Pictures do not do this place justice. We both felt very relaxed there and they kept everything clean.

For our adventures we choose river kayaking, cave and jungle hiking, and snorkeling. All of the tour guides were very friendly and open to any questions. All of the adventures sounded so fun, we had a hard time choosing which to do. But we loved the ones we did and will have to go back again to do more!

Needless to say my husband and I were very happy with Hamanasi and will definitely be going back in the future!

• Stayed June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I loved our time at Hamanasi. We chose to stay in a treehouse and opted for the Honeymoon addition. The room was gorgeous with champagne on ice and tropical fruit ready. All the food was incredible! We definitely enjoyed our breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Innie's is a nearby spot in the village that had great food and service too. The local hot sauce is powerful, but a total highlight. We bought two bottles upon our departure! All of the adventures are fantastic and well guided. I recommend asking about the ATM tour. The staff is phenomenal, knowledgable and kind. They were there at all times and knew us by name. We wanted coconuts one morning so we went to the front desk, we were told it wouldn't be long and were asked to wait by the pool. We watched them collect the coconuts from the trees out front and then walk them over to us. It was a wonderful way to start our honeymoon. If you are looking for a relaxing get away or an adventurous trip; Hamanasi is what you want. The bartender Marc was really fun and made happy hour a staple in our days there. Evan, Golden and Alfredo were excellent guides. We will absolutely be back! We 100% recommend Hamanasi to everyone! Thank you for making our honeymoon so blissful!

Room Tip: Choose a treehouse, they are like elevated studios. Perfect for a quiet sleep and helps you really f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!