From our first interaction with Almond beach, they were looking out for the customer. My husband and I missed our connecting flight that they had booked for us, and the flight company told us that we were going to have to stay overnight in Belize City. One phone call to Almond Beach, and we had transportation for that night arranged. It was much longer than we expected, but they took care of us well.
The room was gorgeous and very well maintained. One tip I would say is be careful about wiping your feet when coming inside, we got sand all over our bed because we were not careful about this.
Most of the time we ate at the resort, which was good. We went to Chef Rob's one night to be fancy, and the food was good but a little too strange for my taste. (they had watermelon salad with wasabi on it... it was interesting). Honestly, the best meal we had was when we ordered a pizza to the resort from Brother's in town. The pineapple was fresh and delicious!
We didn't get to do many excursions because it rained most of the time when we were there (darn rainy season-but at least it was rainy and warm!), but we did get to go snorkeling, which was one of the highlights of the entire trip (we went to sleeping giant after this). The guide was knowledgeable and made me feel safe.
One of the things that made this resort so special was the customer service. There was always someone on staff available to talk to and give good tips about activities and places to eat. Because my husband and I don't drink, they went out of their way to get us non-alcoholic champagne to celebrate our honeymoon. There were a lot of little surprises that made this resort special and a honeymoon we will always remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud member of ViVA BELiZE, the leading Hotel Group and Adventure Company in Belize for the past 20 years. Almond Beach Resort & Spa is- A Haven for Romance & Wellness. It provides wonderful private honeymoon casitas and family suites located on a long golden beach that stretches for miles. Other features of Almond Beach Resort & Spa: -WINNER 2015 TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME Award -PADI 5 Star Dive Centre -FULL Service In-house SPA -Longest & Finest Beach in Belize -Pool with Swim up Tiki Bar -Kids pool -Beachfront Dining -Water Sports & Land Adventure Tour Desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Almond Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Hotel Hopkins
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Almond Beach Resort & Spa Belize/Hopkins