“You gotta Belize!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
San Rafael, California
“You gotta Belize!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

As in, you just have to consider traveling to the beautiful paradise that is Belize and visiting the Belizean Dreams Resort. Wonderful views, spacious rooms, plenty of activities out of doors, and the friendliest and kindest staff imaginable. See Jose for the best drinks on the Caribbean coast, relax at the bar on the beach, drive to the Mayan ruins across the countryside, boat out to the neighboring villa on the island near the coral reef for a day's retreat, and snorkel all morning along the world's second largest barrier reef. And the best food, prepared thoughtfully by a fine chef and presented by the warmest staff ever. A great experience and one I will recommend to all our friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our visit to Belizean Dreams was amazing. The staff is so friendly and will go out of their way to make you happy. The bar is small but fun thanks to the great bartenders Jose and Charles. Just wished it stayed open later. The room was nice with a great view. The food was excellent and the chef even custom cooked the fish we caught on the reef one day. Spending a day on a golf cart in Hopkins was the highlight of our trip getting to experience the local culture first hand. Will definitely be coming back soon.

Room Tip: Top floors have better view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Krissy C
Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Outstanding staff, food and rooms. We went on the Mayan tour, the zip line and cave tubing tour and the reef snorkeling tour and were treated to the best experience with every one. The resort is absolutely beautiful with incredible landscaping and beautiful beach. The staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. I would recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve F
Belmopan, Belize
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been to Belizean Dreams a few times with my husband, family, and friends on separate occasions. As a Belizean, I like that I can just step in for lunch and a swim and be treated as any other guest staying at the resort. On all my visits, I've enjoyed their tasty food, great drinks and relaxing atmosphere. Since I've never spent more than a few hours at the resort, I can't really say anything much about their rooms; what I can say is that they look really great from the outside. I'll certainly be back and might even experience a 'real' stay one of these days!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanna W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Belizean Dreams was the definition of a dream! Everything about the resort was beautiful. The rooms were spacious and very nice. The atmosphere was peaceful and relaxing. The food was to die for and the service was accomodating and fun to be around. Someone was always there to help and make recommendations if that is what you needed. Overall the trip was a huge success and I have nothing bad to say!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vivian Z
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My boyfriend and I booked our trip for the end of March...or I should say my boyfriend did, the whole trip was a surprise for me from the get-go (little did I know he was planning to propose!). From the time we arrived until the day we left, we had nothing but wonderful things to say about Belizean Dreams. We were greeted by their friendly staff who strived to make our experience the greatest. One of the staff members who drove us to an excursion took the time to go in to the village and look for an underwater camera for us to use on our snorkeling adventure. We had stopped at about five different stores along the way home that day searching for one and had no luck. Then out of the blue, this gentleman (and you'll have to forgive me as I am TERRIBLE at remembering names) went on his own time and with his own money back to town and found one and brought it back. I'm sorry, but I have never been anywhere where the staff has gone so far out of their way to get something so small for us to help make out trip memorable.

Every time we turned around, someone was greeting us, chatting with us, making sure our stay was going well. The beaches were beautiful and everyone was so friendly. The villas were adorable and I LOVED sitting on the porch in the morning with my coffee and just relaxing, listening to the waves. We definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Hopkins!!!

-Mark and Jenn, Cypress, TX

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Belizean dreams was the epitome of a dream. The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The food was amazing and the drinks were even better. The rooms are right on the beach with a beautiful view! We couldn't have asked for a better week!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Sarah J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Belizean Dreams? Share your experiences!