After a 6 night stay at another resort we stayed at Belizean Dreams. The room we had was one of the nicest on the property and things were looking up for us. Until we got settled. We heard noise upstairs and checked a door, finding that another family above us had complete access to our room while our bags were delivered and no one was at the room. Having separate rooms and being pretty hot out, upon checking in and unpacking, I attempted to turn on the room AC. For whatever reason it would not turn on, and after a quick call to maintenance, found out the remote sensor did not work and we had to climb up on a chair to use this ac. The room was large and offered a lot with a full kitchen. The staff seemed nice enough, but seemed to be playing catch up throughout my stay. The food in the restaurant was good, but the restaurant staff seemed to be lost. It took almost an hour to get our food, and then when it did arrive one of the two orders were wrong. The beach was nice and in the morning upon sunrise it looked really nice out. To bad the power had gone out overnight. Luckily this hotel had it's own generator which operated "off the Belizian power grid" which it seems many of the nicer hotels did because of the frequent power outages in Belize in general. Too bad the nicest room on the property was NOT hooked into the resorts own generator, so showering had to be done in the dark, as well as sweating upon exiting the shower. If your interest is in being on the water, and you don't mind some inconveniences and waiting for dinner a long time, this place is not a bad choice. If I remember correctly, the restaurant area was not air conditioned at this time. All of these things are minor inconveniences, but when they call themselves a luxury resort, and you total up these and many other issues, I'd have to say it is not a luxury resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean owned and managed resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belizean Dreams Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Resort Belize/Hopkins