“Our amazing honeymoon!”

Belizean Dreams Resort
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Hopkins
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My now husband used his wonderful research skills by typing into google 'honeymoon in december' and Belize was at the top of the list and a place we did not know much about. Once we started looking into Belize we got more and more excited and in-love we became with the idea of going there.

We found Belizean Dreams on Tripadvisor and with the photos available it was decided! Honestly when we arrived I didn't really know what to think of Hopkins as it is a simple little village but after our first walk through the main (and one of the only streets) I felt so comfortable and was in-awe of the people within the town! All are friendly, the restaurants and cafes serve absolutely amazing food and local freshly squeezed juices (which I truly miss!) Two of our favourite souvenir places were 'Alex's Seashell Shack' and 'someones (sorry forget the name) woodcarvings' friendly people and amazing skills with their art!

Now onto the resort, absolutely stunning! We could not have been looked after better! Nothing was ever too much and everyone was always friendly and smiling! The best things about Belizean Dreams was arriving at catering times (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) either a little early or just on time and having a good chat with the staff who are all locals and can recommend the best places to go and things to do but also give you a great insite into life in Belize!

We spent a number of days just lying by the beach or the pool but the majority of our 10 day stay was out and about seeing the attractions. It seemed like we were the only ones who were getting out to see things so a lot of our tours were not on the designated days and ended up usually being just us and the tour guide. Our top recommendations were ATM Cave Tour (wear enclosed shoes and we would recommend wearing a singlet if the weather allows because if you fall in the river that you have to cross you will be quite cold for the next couple of hours), Monkey River (we were lucky enough to see Manatees! Wear long sleeve shirts, light material, the lunch in the local village is AMAZING!!!) Mayflower trek (If you have a spare half day, be prepared for many stairs but a rewarding view at the end and if possible a swim in the waterfall at the top! We went on quite a humid day and had applied sun cream and bug repellent, as we discovered you are in the shade for the majority of the trek so we highly recommend giving the sun cream a miss and just applying extra bug repellent... We ended up basically sweating all of ours off which left a not so lovely sweaty picture at the top of the waterfall) We also went snorkeling (on a cloudy day so not as much to see but was still fantastic!! Saw an octopus, lobster, barracuda and amazing types of fish!)

Back to the resort, we cannot recommend Belizean Dreams enough! We were lucky enough to be placed in one of the front Villas by the water and it was absolutely incredible! We got a couple of days where the weather was cold and rainy where we spent our time reading books and hanging out (no TV in our room just FYI although I believe there were TVs in the 'family' Villas) and venturing out for food where we spent sooo much time! Again we cannot recommend Belizean Dreams enough! The staff were fantastic! Always friendly and willing to go out of their way for us! If it had not been for them we would not have had such a good time, we made some lovely friends and were so sad to say good bye. We will definitely be coming back to Belizean Dreams for our anniversaries :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prue T

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My boyfriend had never been down south and I wanted him to experience the beauty it had to offer...We decided to stay at Belizean Dreams and I'm so happy we did. From the moment we arrived the whole entire experience was just simply amazing. The entire staff from Front Desk to the Bartender, to the Waiting staff in the restaurant and even house keeping, everyone was just welcoming and very pleasant. They all just made sure we were always satisfied.
The resort itself is just exceptional, with it's beautiful beach front, superb dining and clean, comfortable suits.......we just felt like we were on our own fantasy island and that made for an amazing "honeymoon" experience. And return we most definitely will do that :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Belize was one of the places on my list and after many hours internet surfing and reading reviews, I settled on Belizean Dreams. I was not disappointed. The property is located in Hopkins Belize and we took a flight on a small Maya Airlines plane from Belize International into Dangriga. The service from Dangriga on our arrival date until our departure date was excellent. Because it is hurricane season, the resort was pretty empty (as well as the other resorts in the area). This was a plus for us because it created a more intimate feel and we got to know the staff and other families well during our stay. Delsey at the front desk was very friendly and helped us with whatever we needed, including booking our tours. Charles the bartender whose favorite line was "why not? you're on vacation!" was sweet as pie. Santiago was always ready to meet our needs with his response of "no problem". And Irma's smile lite up the dining area at each meal...My next favorite thing besides the service was the food. I wanted to buy a ticket for Luis and bring him home with me! I am a very picky eater so when I say the food was excellent, I mean it was excellent. Everything! It was pretty quiet there so if you're looking for a nice relaxing vacation, it is the place to be. If you're looking for a party-type vacation, you'd have to bring the party with you. I could definitely see a big group renting out a few of the villas and having a great time (and am actually considering getting some family and friends together to do this). We went on the waterfall/zipline tour and that was amazing. The snorkeling island tour was also excellent...the water was beautiful and our guides Robert and Crispen were great! Speaking of the water...because the resort lies between two rivers (we were told), the water is not as clear and beautiful as other parts of the Caribbean (like further out by the reefs), but it was still nice and warm and perfect for kayaking. The asst. manager let us use the golf cart to ride into the village. It is a very poor village and made me a little sad, but the people are friendly and happy. They did not beg or ask us for anything, just waved and smiled. If I knew what the village was like I would have brought a suitcase full of flipflops for the kids and maybe some toiletries to give out...most of the kids were barefoot or in worn flipflops, playing basketball and riding bikes. We ended up getting Belizean money and handing it out to some of the kids walking around. We felt very safe in the village and found some nice souvenirs at one of the local gift shops. I've been a few places and this is one I would definitely visit again. Thank you Belizean Dreams!

Room Tip: We stayed in 5A and the room was great. We were at the front of the property furthest from the ocea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Akilah_Tienda
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Belizean Dreams is a delight to stay at. From Reservation, to check in, to check out and everything in between - 5 stars. It is a spot for relaxation, or adventure- Sea or Jungle. Superb Property in beautiful Hopkins.

Room Tip: The penthouse suites are particularity nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqueline R
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Upon arriving at the front desk, i was greeted by some Exceptional staff . They were so welcoming, pleasant and made you feel so as if we all knew esch other. I was then given a detailed tour of resort that captured my attention and made even more excited about my stay. I must include that the staff were well knowledgeable whilst passing on information. Hence, customer service was exceptional.......i received high class treatment and felt as their number one priority. When we arrived at my room i felt so relaxed immediately and thought at my home away from home. It was so Spacious room that made me you feel free and forgot about reality. It offerred a breathe taking scenery of what mother nature and their environment outside was so great and applealing to my eyes that made me never wanted to leave. Furthermore, the different cuisines were too tasty hence one must experience this DREAM.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Foreda R
Reviewed 6 June 2014

enjoyed it very much
great service
good food
very nice staff, they were very helpful and informative
friendly bartender and cook
amazing beach.
The rooms were nice and clean, everyday we came in to our room with fresh sheets and towels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I travel to Belize often for business and vacation and enjoy going to Belizean Dreams the most because the service is excellent the staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious. The staff always works hard to do there best for there customers and they have great excursions to Tikal.
The other main thing about this resort is the food is the best in Hopkins and it's a resort you can go to without a lot of people. I'm thinking about starting a resort in Belize and decided to interview some of the managers and they were very helpful and knowledgeable and were willing to help.
I would highly recommend staying at this resort they will take good care of you.
Brad

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Turtle Inn
#3 of 20 in Placencia
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay, a Muy'Ono Resort

Been to Belizean Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!