Kelly & Richard from Toronto, Canada
My wife and I stayed at the dreams and had a wonderful time. Your getaway is what you make of it. We were looking for quiet and romance and to stay far away from march breakers and belize delivered.
The transportation on Maya Air to and from the resort was on time and very well coordinated.
Our room was well decorated with flowers, robes and slippers. We had an unobstructed view of the ocean and loved our afternoon coffees on our balcony. We were slightly disappointed with no TV in the one bedroom suites, and you're wondering why, we will explain in a moment.
The breakfast and dinner inclusion was amazing, the food was fantastic. The staff at the restaurant were so nice. Tyrone was a hoot. But everyone there was amazing. No attitude from anyone, which we did find elsewhere, like next door at hamanasi and jaguar reef.
We went into the town of hopkins for lunch and the people are kind, sweet, helpful and always looking to tell a story.
We went snorkeling and horseback through the jungle. The horseback we book through the jaguar reef resort and it was amazing. How often to you get to swim in a jungle river?
The weather was great, The first two days we were there it was windy, and were began to concern ourselves but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. No bites on the first two days thanks to mother natures winds. But as soon as they died down, what we were told are called "no see ems" bite you without your knowledge. We had "off" and "muskol" but they laughed at at, the bugs that is. We are still scratching. After sundown it was bad. You could not be outside. Which is why the TV would have been a nice touch. They do go away after 7pm or so.
The front office staff were all very nice and go out of their way to say hello and introduce themselves, From the general manager to the concierge.
The head concierge Ernesto, is a riot, ask him about his many "adventures". The guy runs on batteries and never sleeps.
Belize is amazing and we are planning honeymoon part two shortly.
Note: Don't go to belize if you're looking for the four seasons. This is central america and you have to understand that with all surroundings come territory. Being upset over a bug or two is the equivalent to being upset with a cold day in Canada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean owned and managed resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Belizean Dreams Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Resort Belize/Hopkins