Belizean Dreams Resort
US$356
US$144
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hopkins Bay, a Muy'Ono Resort(Hopkins)
US$166
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsour honeymooncoco plum islandlocal drinksisland hoppingall inclusive packagemayan ruinscave tubing and zip liningbar snacksdream come truegolf cartevery mealbelize cityprivate dinnerbeach barsnorkeling tourfishwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2009

First off, I LOVE Hopkins. I HIGHLY recommend the area! We have stayed at Belizean Dreams twice. The first time it was owned by a different owner than the second time. We enjoyed our fist stay. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly, the bar to be beautiful and clean, the food to be pretty good, and the villa was clean and beautiful! The second time they had a new owner. The staff was still pretty friendly (but not as much), the bar was okay, but the food was not nearly as good and we found it to be a little pricier, and the villa was not as nice and needed a bit of repairs. I hope they took care of these slight problem and it is now as good as it was the first time we stayed. I would still recommend it, but not as enthusiastically as the first time.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Our trip to Belize was fantastic, and I could not recommend Belizean Dreams any higher. My girlfriend and I booked our rooms through luxurylink.com, which I believe offers lower rates than booking directly. Also, the package included a flower-covered room with complimentary champagne and tropical drink upon arrival, free breakfast every day, and one free dinner.

The whole trip to Belize was amazing and memorable for a number of reasons. First, Belizean dreams was nice enough to send a van to the airport near Dangriga to pick us up, which was good because the "airport" was actually just a gravel path in the middle of an orange grove with a few tents set up at one end -- not exactly cab central. Security was a breeze, though.

Upon arrival at Belizean Dreams, we were presented with a free boat drink and escorted to our room, which was covered in flowers and had a bottle of champage chilling on ice. Aside from the incredible niceness of the staff, the thing that really impressed me was the fact that the resort looks EXACTLY how it does in the pictures on its web site. There's no catch at all. The place is gorgeous. The rooms are very clean, very modern, and very air-conditioned.

From there on out, the trip only got better. After too many Belikens during the day, we slept through regular dinner time and needed to find food outside the resort, so the staff gave us a golf cart to tool around town in. We finally ended up at Chinese restaurant down the road that was surprisingly good. Hopkins shuts down by ten or so, so make sure you eat early. The upshot of this story is that the staff is unbelievably accommodating. Who else lets a Beliken-wielding stranger take the house cart?

Speaking of the staff -- they're amazing. Hopkins pretty much revolves around Ernesto. He's hilarious and makes sure you have a great time. Our last night there, we went out to a great ex-pat bar that I won't name so it doesn't get overrun by people reading this web site and then went to a karaoke place. We got booed off stage. Our host there -- another Belizean Dreams staffer, Tyrone -- joined in the booing but then refused to sing. I'm skeptical of this move, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he too was great to hang out with.

Oh, I forgot, we also survived an earthquake. A 7.1 earthquake threw us out of bed at 2 AM, but the fortress-like bungalows were totally undamaged. So, they're built well.

All in all, here are my recommendations: 1) STAY AT BELIZEAN DREAMS. It's cheaper than Hamanasi and has a better bar set-up. Also, the hotels all run the excursions together, so you're not missing anything. 2) Go on the all-day catamaran ride -- it's nothing but sun, snorkeling, eating, and drinking. 3) Get into the village. We ate at a few restaurants there, and they were good/hilarious. King Cassava was good, as was the Chinese place.

You will not be disappointed in this place. I read the bad reviews before going, and they could not possibly have been any more wrong. I wish I could go back right now.

One word of warning. Do NOT order the French Onion Soup. It is neither French, nor onion, nor soup as humans know it. DO order the fried jacks. They make the little fat kid living inside your heart sing.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fritzadelphia
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We arrived in Dangriga on June 2nd and as immediately met by our driver, Ernesto from Belizean Dreams. He was a wealth of information and stopped by a local supermarket so we could get snacks for our room. When we arrived at the resort we were so pleased. The grounds and the villas are remarkable! They reminded me sort of a Southern plantation style with columns and stone on the front. Our villa had a wonderful view of the ocean and the pool. The ac worked so well, that we actually had to turn it down a few times. The inside was very clean and nicely decorated. It smelled of cedar and the mahogany wood was so beautiful. We went on two tours while there. I chose the Mayflower Jungle Hike with waterfalls and a swimming hole. It was one of the best hikes I have been on, and I am an avid hiker. My husband had to sit down and take a break midway :). We heard howler monkeys, wood peckers and owls during the hike. We also saw a myan ruins on the hike and coco trees and avocado tree and their local black orchid flowers. We went on the half day snorkeling trip. We had the boat to ourselves and our guide was awesome! It was so beautiful! My favorite site was a white fish with turqouise and yellow on it. The sea life and different fish were outstounding. The weather was perfect. We were literally outside enjoying the grounds, pool or beach the entire time we were there. The beach bar was so lovely. The staff is so friendly and accomodating to all your needs or wants. They made special meals at my request and drinks. We did take the bikes and golf cart into town to try local restraunts, but we preferred the food and environment of the beach bar at the resort. We travel about 6 times a year for pleasure and we have been to many different countries and places around the US and this trip was the best I have ever had. It was perfect.
Frankie Bradshaw

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Luxury Link
2  Thank frankielynn
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Beautiful place. The rooms are tastefully and elegantly appointed and the grounds are extremely well maintained. We loved that there is NO TV in the one-bedroom suite. Staff was exteremely nice and professional. Even the gardener offered to help me with my bags when checking out. It's a quiet retreat. If you are looking for action, you need to go on one of the scheduled trips as you won't fund much activity at the resorty itself. Great pool right on the beach. For better food and local cuisine go to KING CASSAVA in Hopkins. Rent a bike and ride around town. Very friendly local community.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Kelly & Richard from Toronto, Canada

My wife and I stayed at the dreams and had a wonderful time. Your getaway is what you make of it. We were looking for quiet and romance and to stay far away from march breakers and belize delivered.
The transportation on Maya Air to and from the resort was on time and very well coordinated.
Our room was well decorated with flowers, robes and slippers. We had an unobstructed view of the ocean and loved our afternoon coffees on our balcony. We were slightly disappointed with no TV in the one bedroom suites, and you're wondering why, we will explain in a moment.
The breakfast and dinner inclusion was amazing, the food was fantastic. The staff at the restaurant were so nice. Tyrone was a hoot. But everyone there was amazing. No attitude from anyone, which we did find elsewhere, like next door at hamanasi and jaguar reef.
We went into the town of hopkins for lunch and the people are kind, sweet, helpful and always looking to tell a story.
We went snorkeling and horseback through the jungle. The horseback we book through the jaguar reef resort and it was amazing. How often to you get to swim in a jungle river?
The weather was great, The first two days we were there it was windy, and were began to concern ourselves but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. No bites on the first two days thanks to mother natures winds. But as soon as they died down, what we were told are called "no see ems" bite you without your knowledge. We had "off" and "muskol" but they laughed at at, the bugs that is. We are still scratching. After sundown it was bad. You could not be outside. Which is why the TV would have been a nice touch. They do go away after 7pm or so.
The front office staff were all very nice and go out of their way to say hello and introduce themselves, From the general manager to the concierge.
The head concierge Ernesto, is a riot, ask him about his many "adventures". The guy runs on batteries and never sleeps.
Belize is amazing and we are planning honeymoon part two shortly.
Note: Don't go to belize if you're looking for the four seasons. This is central america and you have to understand that with all surroundings come territory. Being upset over a bug or two is the equivalent to being upset with a cold day in Canada.

richardperreira@gmail.com