Belizean Dreams Resort
US$356
US$144
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hopkins Bay, a Muy'Ono Resort(Hopkins)
US$166
US$347
US$130
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsour honeymooncoco plum islandlocal drinksisland hoppingall inclusive packagemayan ruinscave tubing and zip liningbar snacksdream come truegolf cartevery mealbelize cityprivate dinnerbeach barsnorkeling tourfishwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This is my third third trip to Belize and my second trip to the wonderful village of Hopkins and the beautiful Belizean Dreams Resort. The resort exceeded my expectations. The villas are well crafted, beautifully appointed and very clean. There is a fully stocked kitchen as well as a truly great restaurant on site. The beach and a beautiful pool are right out your front door. The owners and staff are amazing. All are friendly and very accommodating. The pool sits adjacent to the outdoor restaurant and is kept crystal clear and the area around it stocked with lounge chairs and beach towels. The beach is raked daily and has numerous thatched umbrellas and lounge chairs just begging you to come take a nap. Golf carts are available to rent as you are a ways from the heart of the village. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants a quiet, relaxing vacation while being pampered in grand style.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank lillyll
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My friends and I stayed at Belizian dreams for a week in September. It was absolutely wonderful. The food was excelent, accomodations were great and the day tours were outstanding. I can't wait to go back next year. It is definetly a place I will return to. When I got back to Toronto I was more relaxed then I have ever been in my life!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2009

We stayed for four nights at Belizean Dreams and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is very well kept, everything seems to be new. It is right on the beach and the pool is a good alternative to the sea.
Food was excellent, although portions were a bit too small for an adult.
The only thing we missed was a dive operator. Since it was off season and the nearby Hamanasi Hotel (which has a dive shop) was closed, there was no alternative.
They could also provide some shade at the small car park.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2009

When it says rainy-season, don't bet on it...you can get great deals by traveling in the "off-season". Hopkins, Belize is voted the friendliest village in Belize, and I can say...it is!! The village of Hopkins offers a variety of local "fare" in both restaurants and shopping. The Belizean Dreams resort is a friendly neighbor in the community. The resort sit directly on the beach, everything room looks out at the ocean. The pool and restaurant were top-notch. I highly recommend you visit Belizean Dreams in Hopkins, Belize.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I spent a lot of time researching our trip to Belize and I wanted to make sure that I let the trip soak in before I wrote the review.

My wife and I left for Belize on Friday, August 14th and we spent 4 nights at Belizean Dreams.

This review will provide a walkthrough of our experience, with some insight into what you should expect and be prepared for. Keep in mind as you read this...my wife and I are young and we hike and camp often. We're used to roughing it, so we're not pansies.

We flew out of Austin, to Houston and then onto Belize City. One thing no one tells you is that you need to catch another flight from Belize City to Dangriga. We learned that about a week before the trip, thankfully. Once you get to Belize City, you can choose to fly directly to Dangriga for about $250 (for 2 people) or you can catch a cab to the municipal airport and take a puddle jumper for about $150. We chose the latter and everything worked out fine.

Once we got to Dangriga, the Belizean Dreams concierge picked us up and drove us back to the resort. My wife and I through we were prepared for the conditions these people live in, but it was still tough to stomach. Most people lived in small shacks and rode bicycles everywhere. It was a far cry from our excessive lives in the US.

A couple of tips before you get to the resort...make sure you get some cash out at the bank in Dangriga. There are very few ATMs in that area and you're going to need cash.

Once we got to the resort, we settled in and quickly realized how nice our room was. The place was exactly as advertised, with nice decor and plenty of workers tending to the grounds.

We talked to the concierge, Ernesto, about excursions the next day and hung out at the beach. Here are some words of advice about the resort:

1. It is almost impossible to swim at the beach. Maybe it was the time of year but there was so much junk in the water that it was pretty gross.

2. The resort restaurant was pretty bad and way too expensive. On night 3, we walked to the resort next door and had a much better dinner. While it was still an average restaurant, it was much better than the Belizean Dreams restaurant.

3. The process for setting up excursions was brutal. At first, we were told that we could not go to the excursions we wanted to go to. To Ernesto's credit, he eventually figured out how to get us on two of the excursions we wanted to go on. After visiting another resort, we learned that it was much easier over there to book excursions.

4. If you get bored easily, this is not the place for you. There was no TV in the room and once your excursion is done, there is nothing else to do but sit on the beach. That may be fine for 1-2 days, but on day three you start getting really bored.

5. And to that point...RENT A CAR. If you don't, you'll have nowhere to go.

6. We were told 10 times that the people of Hopkins (the little village next door) were the friendliest people you'll ever meet. Maybe I just don't look friendly. I never had anyone smile at me or say hello the three times we went into the village. The last time, I purposely smiled at people and waved and all I got was crazy looks.

7. This is self explanatory, but the place was really humid. Walking for 10 minutes caused both of us to be drenched in sweat and we're young and in good shape.

8. The excursions were awesome. The guides were informative and really good, except for the mayan descendent who was on his cell phone the whole time. Besides him, the highlight was the mayan ruins. I was in awe.

As far as the other excursions go, the jungle hike was really strenuous, but getting to the pool at the top made it worth it.

And snorkeling was great (even though we didn't have that on our list initially). Our guide caught a lobster for us that the chef then overcooked, but it was a great trip.

Overall, the trip was fun but not having a car or anything to do at night put a cramp in the experience. Couple that with the bad food and we were left with a pretty bad taste in our mouths. If we come to Belize again, we'll probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple