“If you had to have 1 dream, it should be the at the Belizean Dreams Resort in Belize!”
Review of Belizean Dreams

Belizean Dreams
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Ontario
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I've travelled quite a bit of the world, especially the Carribbean, been to most of the islands and mainland hot spots, but I've never seen customer service quite like this. I was at the resort with my friend who happens to have a severe fish allergy as well as some fruits and vegetables. Her fish allergy is so bad that even if the plate of fish is swooshed by her, she would react to it immediately. She brought a couple of epi pens with her, but as it turns out, she didn't need them. The special attention and care she got from the staff at the Belizean Dreams Resort was unparalled. Every meal she ordered was made special for her separate from the rest. I'm sure this was difficult for the kitchen staff because fresh fish was always being prepared as the fishing boats came in daily with their catches. But they did it. They knew she was allergic to canatope they made her a fruit tray without it etc. They really made her feel special. I wanted to dream up something just so I could get this special kind of treatment. But all kinding aside all the guests were really treated with "kid gloves" sort to speak. I would wake up and watch the sunrise at approx. 6:30 a.m. on the edge of the dock when to my surprise I would have a thermos of coffee, cream, sugar and baked goods brought to me. Now this is service! The staff got to know us and the other guests and knew exactly what we wanted. I liked orange juice, my friend pineapple. I liked my espresso double my friend cafe au lait. It was unbelievable. Our villa was spotless with lots of towels. The resort staff was very friendly and was always available to answer any questions about the resort, the eco trips or Belize. I highly recommend this resort to individuals with discriminating taste, honeymooners and difinitely If I had to plan a wedding it would be at the Belizean Dreams Resort.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BelizeanDreamer09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We stayed at Belizean Dreams for two weeks and could not have been happier with our choice. The resort staff is friendly and receptive to making your dream vacation all that you want it to be - at your request, they will make ANY arrangements you need - adventure tours, trips in to the village, shopping, opening the restaurant as needed. They're a very professional staff who are not pushy about their intentions for your vacation - no trying to over-sell you on adventures or amenities - which I love. I want to go on vacation and feel relaxed, not like I'm trying to fight off salesmen. The rooms were spotlessly maintained - and with great design, not at all kitchy or overtly beachy. And the restaurant! Oh, the restaurant. WHEN you go, make sure you order the Mermaid's Omelette, and end every evening with a plate of their awesome nachos. Truly, this place is a gem - you won't find many places like it. When we were there, we visited the neighboring resorts for dinner and drinks and were less than impressed - 1) their facilities were outdated and worn-looking, 2) the restaurants were of signficantly lesser quality, and 3) their staffmembers were unhelpful when we asked about adventure tours. Belizean Dreams does it all - we were so happy to have selected such a great resort!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 November 2009

If you are looking for a place that will make you feel like an honored family guest, has great access to most of the land and sea excursions, has incredible accommodations for the price, AND have your every request fulfilled---then you must come here.
We've traveled all over the world. Been there done that with the Four Seasons and Ritz-Carltons. This place is real. Physically, I guess you could say it's not five stars---although I feel like a traitor saying that. Because as I'm sitting here watching the sea turn from blue-green to gray and the sun go down, I think of the friends I've made here and the beauty---and I think I maybe should revise my "star criteria."
Peter and LeeAnn are the recently hired couple to manage BD. They are amazing young people. Full of great ideas and they know how to make one feel like they are a favored guest. (Even if they're "all favored guests.") The extent management went to to help celebrate my husband's birthday will be remembered and savored.
I won't go on about the accommodations as that's been covered by others. But, you may want to spend a little extra and reserve a two-bedroom suite. Equipped with a full kitchen, it's great for making your own drinks (a savings) (although Maurino makes a mean marguarita) and great local bacon (Running W brand) and eggs for breakfast. The Shop and Save in Hopkins is the best for out-fitting your kitchen and has "Premium" Belikin Beer.
More things: On a Saturday or Sunday, rent a golf cart, go into Hopkins and give the children rides in the back. They love this activity (you may have to bring their dogs along, too) You can stop off at the Shop and Save and buy four children sodas for a buck. We did this during a non-beach/excursion day and had a blast.
Eat at the local restaurants: They are very casual and most have bathrooms located outside (but ALL are extremely clean, with linoleum, tile, working toilet and sinks) Innie's is just fabulous for deep-fried whole red snapper and Hutut (coconut milk and fish), Taste of India offers some of the best Indian food I've ever had (and I love Indian food.) Yugada has great lobster. The resort restaurant is really quite good, but under Peter and Franklin's direction it is changing. Peter is trying to secure a source for organic free range meats and chicken and local produce.

Are you by now getting that I just really love this place and its people?

Enough said. Let you explore and find your own little BD and Hopkins "secrets."

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PattyBFoodie
NW Arkansas
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This is my third third trip to Belize and my second trip to the wonderful village of Hopkins and the beautiful Belizean Dreams Resort. The resort exceeded my expectations. The villas are well crafted, beautifully appointed and very clean. There is a fully stocked kitchen as well as a truly great restaurant on site. The beach and a beautiful pool are right out your front door. The owners and staff are amazing. All are friendly and very accommodating. The pool sits adjacent to the outdoor restaurant and is kept crystal clear and the area around it stocked with lounge chairs and beach towels. The beach is raked daily and has numerous thatched umbrellas and lounge chairs just begging you to come take a nap. Golf carts are available to rent as you are a ways from the heart of the village. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants a quiet, relaxing vacation while being pampered in grand style.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lillyll
toronto
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My friends and I stayed at Belizian dreams for a week in September. It was absolutely wonderful. The food was excelent, accomodations were great and the day tours were outstanding. I can't wait to go back next year. It is definetly a place I will return to. When I got back to Toronto I was more relaxed then I have ever been in my life!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Linz, Austria
Reviewed 26 September 2009

We stayed for four nights at Belizean Dreams and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is very well kept, everything seems to be new. It is right on the beach and the pool is a good alternative to the sea.
Food was excellent, although portions were a bit too small for an adult.
The only thing we missed was a dive operator. Since it was off season and the nearby Hamanasi Hotel (which has a dive shop) was closed, there was no alternative.
They could also provide some shade at the small car park.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Midwest
Reviewed 24 September 2009

When it says rainy-season, don't bet on it...you can get great deals by traveling in the "off-season". Hopkins, Belize is voted the friendliest village in Belize, and I can say...it is!! The village of Hopkins offers a variety of local "fare" in both restaurants and shopping. The Belizean Dreams resort is a friendly neighbor in the community. The resort sit directly on the beach, everything room looks out at the ocean. The pool and restaurant were top-notch. I highly recommend you visit Belizean Dreams in Hopkins, Belize.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Belizean Dreams? Share your experiences!