“AMAZING experience!!!!”

Belizean Dreams Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Amazing service! The staff is very amiable and helpful. The rooms are super spacious and luxurious and include awesome amenities. The resort is located on the beautiful shoreline of the Caribbean on the outskirts of Hopkins, Belize ( a small town where you are able to experience some of the unique local culture). The resorts offers a variety of great activities like nearby world-class snorkeling, Mayan ruins exploration, incredible Mayan cave touring, birding, fishing etc. The resort is an overall perfect place for relaxation. You will enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 January 2011

Stayed with my immediate family and in-law clan.

The good: The houses feature ultra-roomy bedrooms, the staff is friendly and VERY attentive, and the beach, pool, and amenities such as kayaks are all very fine. It's a nice jumping-off point for various nature activities. They are not underselling the luxe factor.

The bad: Sand flies. They spray they beach but these little guys are no picnic. It's a tropical country. Your thousands of bucks won't negate this. Also, Hopkins is a small, poor community; BD is located south of town - if you're the sort that likes a more interesting (but also more touristy) village fare, stay closer to Placencia further south. Our weather was cloudy and rainy (not the resort's fault) and I wish there were more diversions.

Minor nit: Wifi is spotty in many of the houses. You have to sit on the porch. This might be a plus for many of you.

It's a matter of personal preference, but Hopkins was the least interesting part of our stay - we liked the well-heeled beach bums of Caye Caulker and the agricultural beauty of the Cayo better.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank dbrauer
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Where do I start? I have never been to a resort where I actually felt like the staff was my family by the time I left. Belizean Dreams is this kind of resort. My daughter (13) and I stayed for 6 days and next year we are planning to stay for 2 weeks. Tina's food is AWESOME and Clarence is a fantastic bar tender. Saveelah, George, and Raymond are fantastic wait staff, and the office (Jose, Felipe, and Edsel) are helpful and friendly beyond belief. The rooms were VERY clean and comfortable and each and every staff member was helpful, friendly, and kind. Saturnino (maintenance) came running to find a burned out light bulb that he had heard about. The grounds keepers maintain the grounds like a beautiful garden, and everyone is ready to be of service any way they can. The rooms are comfortable, with AC and ceiling fans. This has to be the best place in the country of Belize to relax and unwind. The resort offers free use of their sea kayaks to guests, and you can go out to their private island for the day if you want. There are PLENTY of day excursions to take, and the staff will get you to and from the airport with NO WORRIES. I would bet money that this is the only resort you will EVER stay at where the general manager will help carry in baggage and groceries for the latest family coming to stay (Jose (general manager)was doing this just before he drove us to the airport). You cannot go wrong staying at this resort.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2010

The villas at Belizean Dreams are very spacious and comfortable. The staff is courteous and go out of their way to make you feel at home. I will recommend this little piece of paradise to all my friends, family and colleagues. The food is excellent and the prices reasonable. My family had an enjoyable stay and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A great place to relax. Great food and service in restaurant (Camille and George, can't remember the cook's name but was very good at it). Activities were exceptional, snorkeling, fishing, boating, sightseeing. Zeke was exceptional, did a great job at making you feel welcome and was very knowledgeable on the country and provided a first class service. The personnel was very good at their duties. Had a great time with Cabrell (don't know if this the correct spelling), fishing and boating. Really knows his stuff.
Clean, well laid out, impeccably maintained.
Hats off to Zeke on a first class operation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Never have I stayed at a resort/hotel where the managers and owners came out to spend time with the guests! I was amazed at how accommodating they were. They had such joyous personalities and really made us feel like we were family instead of patrons. The food was absolutely fresh and deliciously prepared. The staff members were very polite and professional . Any request we had, the resort’s manager made sure it was fulfilled. There was also a wonderful selection of activities and services to choose from. And I must say, after walking along the beach and viewing the other resorts there, I felt fortunate to stay at Belizean Dreams – it’s BEAUTIFUL! The landscaping is well tended to and the suites are exceptional. In all, I had a wonderful experience and I highly recommend making it a destination stop during your stay in Belize.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We stayed at Belizean dreams for our honeymoon. The staff exceeded every expectation that one could have. Aaron (The manager) showed the warmth of Belize, while accommodating out every need. George (the bar tender/waiter) provided the best service anyone could ask for. All of the staff made us feel that the resort and village was our home while we visited. The resort was amazingly beautiful and well kept. The opportunity to take a tour was available on a daily bases. I only leave such a praiseful review, because everything was perfect and we can't wait to go back and visit. The people of Hopkins made us want to move there. I would definitely send my closest friend to Belizean Dreams and be confident that there stay would be amazing. I have tried to come up with something negative to say just for a complete the review, but struggle to think of anything.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcbkeller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Belizean Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!