Hopkins Bay Resort in Belize, May 15 to 19, 2014
this resort is located on the mainland of Belize and is 6 years in business, fairly new. It is an Oceanfront property, nicely laid out, with plenty of space, beautiful manicured landscaping with a restaurant and a bar, located very close to the beach, as well as two swimming pools. We were greeted by "Aaron" at the front desk and assigned oceanfront room 10 A, located upstairs in this building. A very spacious, clean room with all the amenities including a Coffee maker, refrigerator,safe, bath- robes and a large bath room as well as a balcony with a terrific view over the Caribbean Sea, where we took in the Ocean Breeze in the shade and enjoyed the roaring sound of the waves rolling in. The beach is narrow, but there is a much better beach at a local Pizza place, a five minutes walk from the hotel. It is a very wide beach with white sand, I thought to be fair, I needed to point this out. The beach at Hopkins Bay Resort is cleaned every day and meticulously racked and both pools are cleaned on a daily basis as well. Be aware of the sandflies on the beach, they are your enemies, not your friends. You can combat them using Johnson & Johnson's BABY OIL…. when they bite you, you feel the sting and itching for the next three days for sure. The service in the dining room is very good and so is the selection of food. We mostly stayed with fresh grilled Grouper. I like to mention the folioing wait-staff for doing a good job, Camille, Adalma & King. Thank you for your attentive service. The view from the restaurant is super, as well looking out to the beach / ocean. Some people mentioned in past reviews, that the food is too expensive, all prices are quoted in US Dollars on the menu and it seems to me they are still somewhat lower than in Florida. We met the Managers of this property Shawn and Mandy, and we congratulate them for operating a fine Resort operation. Sunday nights for Dinner, they offer "Live" Garifuna Drumming"….. we enjoyed it very much…We thank you all for a wonderful stay…see pictures below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hopkins Bay is an upscale Belize beach resort ideally situated on the Caribbean Sea near the Garifuna village of Hopkins in the Stann Creek District. Our private Belize beach resort offers comfortable garden and beachfront accommodation in a lush tropical paradise. Hopkins Bay Belize is the ideal spot where couples or families can enjoy a relaxing setting. Couples can enjoy a romantic getaway in a one-bedroom beach loft and families can make themselves at home in a two or three-bedroom beach house. Whatever accommodation you choose, you'll be just a stone's throw away from the beach and an unforgettable Belize vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Hopkins Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopkins Bay Villas Hotel Hopkins
- Hopkins Bay Hotel
- Hopkins Bay Resort Belize